(YSATC) - You are Cleared for Takeoff!

Moderator: Turbofan

Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Sep. 20 PAVA/NCA Fly-In

Post by Turbofan » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:50 am

YSATC will be providing services for the NCA/PAVA fly-in. This is scheduled for 12:00p.m. U.S. CDT. As of now, there will be Terminal Area Control (TAC) active during the event at HNL. You are encouraged to join especially if you are a PAVA or an NCA pilot, but even if you are not a member of either carrier, feel free to join the fun!

Just three rules:
1. Contact me through Teamspeak or F12 chat when you are 35 miles from HNL with your callsign, say which altitude you are at and your aircraft type.
2. Remember - one at a time.
3. Have fun!

Runway 8L will be the arrivals runway for all aircraft. Runway 4R will be used in case it is needed. Both 4W and 8W will be open as well for operations of amphibious aircraft (departures and arrivals).

As we are not expecting much in the way of activity, it should be a fairly easy operation ATC-wise, but if many more people show up than expected, do expect delays and possibly some holding. Judging from past turnouts however, I don't think that will be necessary.

If you use chat to communicate, I will have some delay in responding, so do not contact me repeatedly. I will respond within a minute, so have some patience and I will get back with you.

Finally, note that since this is a fly-in, I am expecting mainly arrivals at HNL. However, there is no ban on departures from HNL, but do expect some delays for departing aircraft, especially if I am handling multiple arrivals at once (as in two or more). If you are departing from HNL, just contact me with your callsign, state aircraft type and your destination. Once you are airborne you will be on own navigation.

Anyway, that's all and we hope to see a decent number of you online tomorrow!
Check out my YSFS videos on my Youtube channel!
-----------------------
ATRP: When used in my posts refers to "Air Traffic Replay Project"
-----------------------
Avatar: Pratt and Whitney JT8D-219
-----------------------
My general rant: I will call them blended winglets, not Sharklets; There is no CEO, it's just simply put, an Airbus 319/320/321, or the 320NEO, 321NEO etc. I didn't land IN DAL, I landed AT DAL. On the other hand, I did land in Dallas.
-----------------------
GRID Update and "Tools For YS Flight" Page Added To My Website!
Turbofan's Terminal

Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-14, F-15D&E, SR-71, King Air 200, B737

Re: Sep. 20 PAVA/NCA Fly-In

Post by Dragon_Mech » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:38 am

i'll see if i can join for a few hours. it'll be fun to learn how to work with ATC.
Owner, Dragonic Machine Industries

acf492
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: 737

Post by acf492 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:57 am

Which server was this on? I just missed it.
Intercontinental Airways VA Pilot #IA002 | 57th Polyvalent Squadron, Cargo Division "Cliff Scrapers", CO | Pilot's logbook

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:12 am

It was on my server. I'm sorry you missed the event. I'll have another one in a couple or three months.