[APR 13] Wings over Grand Cayman 2013 (YSAS)

Scarecrow
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: T-50B

[APR 13] Wings over Grand Cayman 2013 (YSAS)

Post by Scarecrow »

DOWNLOAD AIRCRAFT & MAPS BELOW

YS Air Shows presents...
WINGS OVER GRAND CAYMAN 2013
Saturday, April 13th

12:00PM EST / 11:00AM CST / 10:00AM MST / 9:00AM PST / 5:00PM GMT

Get ready for the excitement over the tropical waters of the Caribbean! YSAirshows is pleased to announce the first YS virtual air show of 2013, Wings over Grand Cayman on April 13th! Taking place over the islands of Grand Cayman, prepare for a virtual aviation spectacle unmatched by any other flight simulator community in the world! Come see the grace and agility of some of the most extreme aerobatics stunt aircraft on the planet, the power and finesse of tactical military jets, the value and rumble of historic WWII fighters, the aeronautic dynamics and majestic flying of today's heavy lifters, and so much more! Six years of quality and excellence you expect from YSAirshows brings you Wings over Grand Cayman this April!

PERFORMER REGISTRATION
Those wishing to fly at the 2013 edition of the event as a performer will need to complete the following form. A separate entry is required for each performing display. Solo displays/acro demonstrations (single-ship) are limited to (1) one per person. Formation or multi-ship displays are unlimited and highly encouraged. If you would like to perform an additional solo routine (such as a flyby, novelty act, etc.), please let us know your intentions in the "additional information" section of the form. ALSO only one type of display per type aircraft is allowed (this does not include multi-ship displays). This show would be a great chance to fly a demonstration or aircraft you have not before in a public display. Are you having trouble with the form? E-mail us - [email protected].

Sorry, registration is now closed. See the schedule and list of acts below.

VIEWING INFORMATION
The air show flying will begin approximately 11:00AM CST or 12:00PM EST (5:00PM GMT) and will run for around 3 1/2 hours. Teamspeak 3 will be provided for professional air show narration and music. While being on Teamspeak is not required, it is highly recommended to be familiar with changes, information, and the show's itinerary. You can download the Teamspeak 3 client at http://www.teamspeak.com. Unless flying as part of an act or performer, all attendees will remain in the observer mode feature of YSFlight for the duration of the show. F9 is our show center viewpoint and F10 from that position requires a great view. Also various end of runway F6 points are featured as the aircraft fly the showline. As a friendly note, Shift+F9 will toggle through the airplanes in the air at the particular time.

YSFLIGHT SERVER IP: 74.133.18.251
TEAMSPEAK SERVER IP: 80.83.117.27:9999(YSFHQ official teamspeak)

The air show will be using the most up-to-date network console for the server. This is usually compatible with any YSFlight versions you may have but may feature some minor defects. We recommend the newest version currently available at http://www.ysflight.com.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

FRIDAY
The schedule of performers and line up may change at any time without notice.
[listbox=]Server/Gates Open_________________________________5:30PM CST / 6:30PM EST / 11:30PM GMT
Wings Preview Party_______________________________6:00PM CST / 7:00PM EST /12:00AM GMT[/listbox]
SATURDAY
The schedule of performers and line-up may change at any time without notice.
[listbox=]Server/Gates Open_________________________________10:00AM CST / 11:00AM EST / 4:00PM GMT
Opening Ceremonies________________________________10:50AM CST / 11:50AM EST / 4:50PM GMT
Air Show Begins___________________________________11:00AM CST / 12:00PM EST/ 5:00PM GMT

Air Show Ends_____________________________________3:30PM CST / 4:30PM EST / 9:30PM GMT[/listbox]
ADDITIONAL DETAILS
The primary show-line for maneuvers will take place just south of the runway, and is depicted by a dotted/dashed white show line. Please be aware and cautious of the two blue buses on white tarp which signifies show center. These may be easily hit by the wingspans of larger aircraft. There shall be no takeoffs or landings on the ramp/tarmac parking areas unless pre-arranged with the show coordinators. The primary runways for takeoffs and landings includes RW26 and RW08. We will request your spawn on a flightline position and taxi via the runway to a hold short position while the act before you is currently flying. After that act has landed and clear of the taxi way, you may take off. This will help reduce time delays between performers.

DOWNLOAD THE GRAND CAYMAN MAP

Please, if you have any questions, feel free to contact with us on our Facebook page or by e-mailing us at [email protected] and we will do our best to assist you.

Thank you.

DOWNLOAD AIRCRAFT & MAPS ABOVE
Ace Lord
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: B-52H Stratofortress

Re: [APR 13] Wings over Grand Cayman 2013 (YSAS)

Post by Ace Lord »

Sky Surfer Airshows is ready to kick off it's 5th year at Grand Cayman, so definitely count us in on this one.

EDIT: We will also be bringing a MiG-25 for some high-speed hijinks.
EDIT 2: The New Paints are available for download.
< BoH
Scarecrow
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Scarecrow »

Current performers added to the line up.

[listbox=]- F-16A Dutch Demo Team
- YSFlight Black Dragons
- Tiger Team Typhoon
- Sky Surfer Air Shows
- Indonesian Air Force SU-27MK
- Big Game Hunter
- XH558 Vulcan Farewell Demo
- Blue Dolphin Aerobatic Team[/listbox]

We encourage teams and participants to post on the thread to let spectators know you will be there. A poster and logo are a plus, too!
Scarecrow
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Scarecrow »

AS A REMINDER:

Do note that in the registration form, having a link to your aircraft is REQUIRED. If you filled out the registration form without an aircraft download link, your performance request will be deleted until the requirement is met.
Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Su-35

Post by Shiny Rice »

My demo has been deleted temporarily, but before you did, I saw that in the Group cell I saw that you wrote 57th FS. When I applicate again, can you write 57th PS? We do more stuff apart from fighting.
CO of the 57th Cloud Rippers
"We rip those clouds apart so you can see the sun!"
Now 100% more decomissioned!
Gennaro
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: 777, F-16

Post by Gennaro »

As long as the date and time don't change , I would make it , and I'm also in the process of making a logo and a poster for my demo. Also I might be working on a formation team consisting of pilots from the Indonesian community , because well I don't want to do replays anymore , hopefully I can make it happen but If not I'm really sorry.

Oh and Scarecrow you wrote Su-27MK instead of Su-27SK , the MK designations are for Su-30s , oh and you might want to write the Unit for my demo as TNIAU/11Sqn for my demo because people would probably mistaken IAF for Israeli Air Force or Indian Air Force.
I like coffee and mexican food, but not at the same time.
Scarecrow
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Scarecrow »

Rise and Shine wrote:My demo has been deleted temporarily, but before you did, I saw that in the Group cell I saw that you wrote 57th FS. When I applicable again, can you write 57th PS? We do more stuff apart from fighting.
Rise & Shine,

I have deleted your display from the schedule at the moment. We have a requirement that a download link to the aircraft must be available before we put it on the schedule. I was going to let yours slide, but then had several other registrations without download links, and to be fair, I am waiting on all of them to give me links, including yours, before I put it back on the schedule. Sorry.
Gennaro wrote:As long as the date and time don't change , I would make it , and I'm also in the process of making a logo and a poster for my demo. Also I might be working on a formation team consisting of pilots from the Indonesian community , because well I don't want to do replays anymore , hopefully I can make it happen but If not I'm really sorry.

Oh and Scarecrow you wrote Su-27MK instead of Su-27SK , the MK designations are for Su-30s , oh and you might want to write the Unit for my demo as TNIAU/11Sqn for my demo because people would probably mistaken IAF for Israeli Air Force or Indian Air Force.
Hopefully we can turn your solo display into a multi-ship demonstration. That would really be great.
Gennaro
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Gennaro »

If I can't get enough pilots for my formation routine , are replays allowed?

Oh and I need your opinion of what you guys wanna see , a 3 ship military jet team or a 4 - 6 ship military prop team ?
Scarecrow
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Scarecrow »

Gennaro wrote:If I can't get enough pilots for my formation routine , are replays allowed?

Oh and I need your opinion of what you guys wanna see , a 3 ship military jet team or a 4 - 6 ship military prop team ?
Gennaro. We're trying to stray away from replays if all possible. 3-ship of jets on replay won't really cut it here. A 6 ship prop replay I would consider, but live is better of course. A 3-ship live display would be preferred over a 6 ship prop display on a replay, for me at least.
Ace Lord
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: B-52H Stratofortress

Post by Ace Lord »

I find your lack of registered demos disturbing, but there's still three and a half weeks left for people to register. I'm still confident we'll have a good turnout.
< BoH
Scarecrow
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Scarecrow »

Just added two more. Still not up to standard quota.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

Would you be interested in a solo hornet demo and extra 300?

I could also do a Cessna 152 demo...
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Scarecrow
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Scarecrow »

Decaff already has a solo Hornet up. Either of those two would be quite entertaining.
Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq

Post by Shiny Rice »

Have patience, eventually more people will sign up. We still have 3 weeks until the show.
Kilo 11
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Supermarine Spitfire

Post by Kilo 11 »

Sorry about the delay on my registration guys. ZEUS was out of town XD
Kilo 11
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Supermarine Spitfire

Post by Kilo 11 »

Since the F-16 spot was already taken, this will be my demonstration.
Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq

Post by Shiny Rice »

And for the same reason I'll do the demo with a Bruja.
Deleted User 1872

Post by Deleted User 1872 »

Don't mind the first demonstration. I will not be flying the Dutch F-16A for not one, but TWO reasons.

1. Scarecrow sent me an e-mail saying that their are multiple F-16s in one airshow, and no more could be in
2. If I ever flew in that airshow, I would have a backup F-16B uncool red and from zak. It's the Belgium F-16A and F-16B pack. I would do so because I am having troubles with my regular F-16AM from the J-055 squadron zak repainted.

So here ya go. I will be definitely flying my T-33 but ONLY FLY-BYS because my stupid PC has been acting up lately and I have a crappy joystick too. Just try your best to forget the first demonstration on the list, pretend it's not even there. I might also join another airshow. If another one is available, it would be the final and first demonstration of the Dutch demo team. See you guys there.
Gennaro
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Gennaro »

I think the YS Jones Beach airshow about a year ago had a total of 14 F-16s from different display teams and from different air forces.
Deleted User 1872

Post by Deleted User 1872 »

Well, depending if I can actually get Scarecrows aproval, the Dutch Demo F-16A will be there flying before it's last final demonstration. The reason why I'm doing my final demonstration on an available airshow after this one, is because I'm fixing my F-16A a little. If this problem gets worse, I will have to fly my backup F-16B ( which is good and bad in a way). Still, I say final NOT forever, but for fixing, which would take problably 9 months or so because of news that I have to study for the big tests later this year. So I sent Scarecrow an email to him. Just so that my F-16A can stay for a little, then it's bye bye for the F-16. :?