[APR 20]YSFlight Phillip Island International Airshow

Deleted User 1872

Re: [19Apr14]YSFlight Phillip Island International Airshow 2

Post by Deleted User 1872 »

ReverseFate wrote:But may I ask why high-speed fly-bys are frowned upon? Is it because of the lack of preparation and thought or the low amount of time the act takes? Im trying to think of something interesting to perform
Well, half of the part people don't really like it is because it's not realistic. And if this is only one fly-by at Mach 6.72 (dafuq) then people might not really get the entertainment out of YSF when it comes to aerobatics. Now I know that the X-15 is capable going Mach 6.72, but it's high-speed wtfness isn't really suitable for this show. Sorry about this.

P.S. Seriously, mach 6.72... Image
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE »

ReverseFate wrote:But may I ask why high-speed fly-bys are frowned upon? Is it because of the lack of preparation and thought or the low amount of time the act takes? Im trying to think of
something interesting to perform
You are partially right. It's "frowned upon" because of the minimal preparation it requires. But moreso, your routine would be so short and so fast, it just wouldn't even be worth it. There are a multitude of better things you could try that would be more entertaining for both you and everyone watching the air show. Try something civilian aerobatic (like a pitts or whatever you like), military demo (some kind of cool military aircraft you like), or anything really. This is a good time to show off something unique. A flyby at Mach 6.72 . . . just doesn't really do any good. Plus it breaks everyone's car windows and might blow out all our eardrums ;)
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer
ForeverYMonster
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Su-35/Su-37

Post by ForeverYMonster »

but but but what if you board up you windows and cover your ears?!?! lol I was thinking of maybe doing a divebombing experiment with High-Drag bombs
Eric
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Super Hornet

Post by Eric »

ReverseFate wrote:but but but what if you board up you windows and cover your ears?!?! lol I was thinking of maybe doing a divebombing experiment with High-Drag bombs
If you're looking for something relatively easy but eye-opening, I would suggest doing a demo that demonstrates some of the new WPNSHAPE features in YS. E.g. custom flares, a couple high-drag bombs, AGM's, etc.
I make this website.
Deleted User 1872

Eric wrote:
ReverseFate wrote:but but but what if you board up you windows and cover your ears?!?! lol I was thinking of maybe doing a divebombing experiment with High-Drag bombs
If you're looking for something relatively easy but eye-opening, I would suggest doing a demo that demonstrates some of the new WPNSHAPE features in YS. E.g. custom flares, a couple high-drag bombs, AGM's, etc.
Adding to that, make sure to do a couple of slow speed passes to let the crowd see. If it were high speed then nobody would have a chance to see it. ;)
ForeverYMonster
Contributor
Contributor

I was going to use some "realistic" flares, maybe use a extremly high detailed, eye-popping F-18 *cough* decaff..rainbow *cough* and smoke, lots and lots of smoke XD
Deleted User 1872

ReverseFate wrote:I was going to use some "realistic" flares, maybe use a extremly high detailed, eye-popping F-18 *cough* decaff..rainbow *cough* and smoke, lots and lots of smoke XD
I'm confused.
ForeverYMonster
Contributor
Contributor

Eric gave me an idea, so im going to support gay rights with it because YOLO, and a rainbow plane would look awesome
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

ReverseFate wrote:Is it because of the lack of preparation and thought or the low amount of time the act takes?
Yes and yes.

Further more, an aircraft whizzing by at M6.72 is really, really loud and dangerous, unrealistic, quite often not in the show box enough to be observed well. One of the objectives of YSflight Airshows is to promote professionalism in flight and conduct from the viewers and pilots, so we aim to keep acts SOMEWHAT realistic, where we can.

I appreciate your understanding.

F-18 w/ rainbow smoke? now that could be interesting.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
ForeverYMonster
Contributor
Contributor

No I meant a rainbow F/A-18, rainbow smoke? i wish. but I have no idea what im going to do, but i have a couple months to think
MrFunnybone
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: UFO

Post by MrFunnybone »

I think you can actually have a couple smoke hardpoiints, then you can make them rainbow colored in the smoke men when your about the fly your plane, but im not sure.
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler »

ReverseFate wrote:No I meant a rainbow F/A-18, rainbow smoke? i wish. but I have no idea what im going to do, but i have a couple months to think
MrFunnybone wrote:I think you can actually have a couple smoke hardpoiints, then you can make them rainbow colored in the smoke men when your about the fly your plane, but im not sure.
"/rainbow"
Deleted User 1872

I would like this demo to be right before the major acts in the last 3 solo slots. I know my username is DT, but my callsign is Potato.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

All current acts have been registered.

Our current schedule is 1/3 full.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Kilo 11
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Supermarine Spitfire

Post by Kilo 11 »

Vrykolakas signed up for the 2014 season!
ForeverYMonster
Contributor
Contributor

So im planning on doing a act with the Su-25 im currently working on, do you think you could incorporate a small-medium city that I could destroy with all targets under 5 Strength?
Scarecrow
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: T-50B

Post by Scarecrow »

Reverse,

Bombing a city is not usually part of our virtual air shows. If you have not attended one in the past, be sure to come by and take a look to get an idea of how things work out. :)
ForeverYMonster
Contributor
Contributor

I meant it as a Live-Fire-Demonstration, but i suppose a small airport with a few hangars and trucks could suffice
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE »

. . . I mean you could try something that doesn't involve blowing up entire bases. I suggest typing in "air show" on youtube and you'll get some good ideas. Even though we're virtual, we still don't really go as far as blowing up/bombing bases at our shows. A live-fire is perfectly fine, but the accommodations you're asking for are a bit much.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer
ForeverYMonster
Contributor
Contributor

I was just asking for a small little area with a few buildings and such. Something like the Sanicole Airshow live-fire demonstrations with all those targets, but with 1-2 buildings could do it. I just had an idea at the time because I was listening to a song called City so I just had a random idea :lol: