[OCT 19] YSRS Grand Opening Event (YSRS)

Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-18 Hornet

[OCT 19] YSRS Grand Opening Event (YSRS)

Post by Mobiyus »

Join the fun in the YSRS Grand Opening Event!
Come and enjoy a unique event in YS flight!
Air Racing!
Aerobatic Displays
Cat & Mouse mini-game
Helicopter Mass flight
When: Sunday October 19th 16:00 GMT
Where: Crescent Island, [Y.V] Canyon Race, Bahamas Turks and Caicos, Slapstick
YS server IP: ysracing.ddns.net
TS server IP: ts.ysfhq.com
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Schedule

Sunday October 19th
GMT
Crescent Island (stock)
16.00 - VNAF MaxG Aerobatic display
16.15 - Bush Frontiers Straight and Level
16.20 - tigershark's Bugatti Veyron
16.25 - The Shadow Dagger
16.35 - YS Ala 11 Typhoon Dynamic Display

*Server reset*

[Y.V]Canyon Race
16.50 - Race 1: Aerobatics checkpoint - Pitts_SC2
17.10 - Race 2: Helicopters checkpoint - Action_Chopper / LAPD_Chopper / News_Chopper
17.40 - Race 3: Jet fighters checkpoint - Stock F-15DJ

*server reset*

PMNV Bahamas Turks and Caicos
18.25 - Race 4: General aviation Cannonball - PMNV Cessna 182

*server reset*

Slapstick
18.30 - Cat & Mouse mini-game

*server reset*

Crescent Island (stock)
18.45 - Helicopter Mass Flight
18.55 - Final fly-by
__________________________________________________________________________________________
YSRS Championship

This Grand Opening Event is in fact a pretense for the YSRS Championship to start with great fanfare! This will introduce regular racing within the YS community.

Championship Schedule[spoil][/spoil]
Racing Rules
[/b]
[spoil]
- No registration required! Your presence will be noted.

- Everyone will be flying the same aircraft during any given race. The reason for this is to remove the aircraft performance from the equation. With everyone starting from an equal state, only your skills will be a determining factor for victory.

- Fuel load is at your discretion and will not be enforced in any way. Experiment to discover the minimal amount needed for a given race.

- Start positions will be attributed randomly every races using random.org list randomizer.

- You are expected to know the track enough not to crash. If you do so, you are disqualified. It is recommended that you practice before showing up to the race.

- You are expected to take-off/apply full throttle only when given the signal to do so. Some races may have a flying start were we need to do a pace lap before starting. Failure to respect this rule results in a penalty after a verification of the replay by officials. The penality is one position loss on the final race result(or more if the illegal maneuver permitted to gain more than one position).

- For touch-and-go's, at least one wheel must touch the tarmac. You may touch-and-go as fast as you dare go, as long as one wheel touch the ground. Failure to respect this rule results in a penalty after a verification of the replay by officials. The penality is one position loss on the final race result (or more if the illegal maneuver permitted to gain more than one position).

- Aircraft repainting is allowed. Notify me by PM only when the final version is ready and uploaded, so I can update this topic. You are required to repaint this season's aircraft roster only. Note that permissions may be required and that not all aircrafts may qualify for repainting. Please respect the original creator wishes in that matter.

- A required aircraft for a given race may exists in multiple version. You are free to select the paint sheme of your liking, as long as the exact name stated on this topic is contained within the aircraft's name you select. When you see ''XX'' in the name stated here, it means there is multiple version avalaible.

- You are expected to have fun!
[/spoil]

Specific notes/rules

***Aerobatic PITTS_SC2 at [Y.V]Canyon Race: Grid start, 1 lap***

***Helicopter LAPD_Chopper / Action_chopper / News_chopper at [Y.V]Canyon Race: Grid start, 1 lap***

***Jet Fighter Stock F-15DJXX at [Y.V]Canyon Race: Grid start, 1 lap***

***General Aviation PMNV_CESSNA_182 at Bahamas Turks and Caicos: Grid start, George Town to New Port Nelson to New Bight, touch-and-go at New Port Nelson***
See YSRSC topic for all info and leaderboards.
Aerobatic Performers
[spoil][/spoil]
Registering Details
[spoil]To register your display for YSRS Grand Opening Event, just fill out and post the following format below. If you simply want to spectate or join in on the racing, you don't need to register for anything, just show up! More info info on racing below.

***Due to the nature of this event, only 4 aerobatic displays will be presented. First 4 people to post displays that meets requirements will be selected. Only 1 solo display per person will be allowed. Only 1 display in each type of aircraft will be allowed (aerobatic single propeller, general aviation single/twin propeller, helicopter. jet fighter)There is no limitations on the type of display, only the type of aircraft and duration. Jet fighter and Aerobatic displays are limited to 10 minutes maximum. Helicopter and general aviation displays are limited to 5 minutes maximum. Note that for this event the sobriety of the helicopter pilot will be verified.***
Registration For YSRS Grand Opening Is Closed!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Registration Format

Display Name -
Aircraft used -
Names of Pilot -
Country of Origin - (can be your country or origin of your display)
Time Zone - (GMT)
Download link - (required)
Link to official topic/website - (a place where more information on your display can be found for other people such as a topic or website)
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You may be PM'd for further questions regarding your displays.[/spoil]
Location Details
[spoil]Aerobatic display are to be performed over Crescent Island's runway 28/10. You may use the start point of your conveniance, except from the ''RAMP'' STP's. The show is enjoyable from the F9 viewpoint on top of one of the buildings.
Click link for airshow box diagram
https://i.imgur.com/gH0JoDY.png
[/spoil]
Cat & Mouse mini-game

This is a test I hope you will enjoy! Two teams will be formed up and the goal is simple, cats must kill all mouses within allowed time! No registration required, we will form up teams on the fly during the event. What I expect here is sort of a hide'n seek, the many tunnels and hazards of slapstick providing some protection to the mouses against the cats. Airplanes will start from air positions and stay above 10000ft. Once everyone spawned, server will be locked and helo's will have a 1 minute headstart to hide, then airplanes can dive in to clean up the pest. Mouses will win if at least 1 helo is alive at the end of the allocated time! Note that the host may require people to switch side in order to preserve the determined Cat/mouse ratio.

map: Slapstick
server settings: unguided weapons enabled, Show username 0m

Rules:
Duration: 8 minutes
Starting Cat/Mouse ratio 1:2
Cats use (stock airplane TBD), mouses use (stock helo TBD)
Staff Application

[spoil][s]I am in need of a narrator![/s]English being my second language, I'd rather have someone do this for me. VNAF ONE is now the narrator.
[s]I am also in need of a referee.[/s] Given my desire to participate in racing but also concerned about impartiality, I'd rather share that job with someone. MD5Ray01 is the second referee[/spoil]
Host's note

It is my pleasure to build this event for the enjoyment of the community and I did my best to offer diverse activities. As a first experience in event hosting, I'm aware that adjustments will be needed. Any and all feedback is welcome and appreciated. That being said, I hope you all enjoy it!
Thanks to our partners and sponsors

Thanks to Patrick31337 for giving permission to use Bahamas Turks and Caicos
Thanks to Scarecrow for pointers and guidance
Thanks to VNAF ONE and MD5Ray01 for narration and referee role

Thanks to Soji
Last edited by Mobiyus on Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 13 times in total.
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Re: [October 19th] YSRS Grand Opening Event (YSRS)

Post by Neocon »

There are four races there, right? Do we have to be in all four races, or just one or two?

Either way, those first three races remind me of flight school in GTS: San Andreas. I like it. I'm looking forward to it.
Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mobiyus »

Patrick31337 wrote:There are four races there, right? Do we have to be in all four races, or just one or two?

Either way, those first three races remind me of flight school in GTS: San Andreas. I like it. I'm looking forward to it.
Negative. Nothing force you to participate in all categories. However you will loose oportinities to gain points for the all-round best pilot! And yea, YV Canyon is quite nice. Some says it's easy... but they are clearly missing the point! Trying to get the perfect line is the challenge and where the fun lies! This track is great, especially for jet fighters.

***I callout aerobatic pilots out there! Please sign up! I know I have somewhat tighter requirements than most airshows but please see it as a challenge! We don't get to see much helicopter and General aviation displays and I'm sure you guys can come up with some impressive stuff to do with those :) ***
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN
Scarecrow
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: T-50B

Post by Scarecrow »

For the aerobatic performances, where are these to be performed?
Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mobiyus »

Scarecrow wrote:For the aerobatic performances, where are these to be performed?
:oops: Displays will be presented on Vuelo Beach. Edited Schedule and registering details.
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN
Scarecrow
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: T-50B

Post by Scarecrow »

Mobiyus wrote:
Scarecrow wrote:For the aerobatic performances, where are these to be performed?
:oops: Displays will be presented on Vuelo Beach. Edited Schedule and registering details.
Is this to be at the beachfront or at the race track/drag strip? Are you running the "air show" or "race" version of Vuelo?
Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mobiyus »

Scarecrow wrote:
Mobiyus wrote:
Is this to be at the beachfront or at the race track/drag strip? Are you running the "air show" or "race" version of Vuelo?
Edited. Beach front on Airshow version

-- Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:36 pm --

Actually... Please stand by for a change of map. Vuelo Beach will no longer be used. Please give me a few days to find an alternative.

Thank you for your comprehension

-- Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:39 pm --

Finally found a suitable map. Updated the topic and added location details in the aerobatic section.

Please sign up!
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN
Kilo 11
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Supermarine Spitfire

Post by Kilo 11 »

Would love to attend, but can't promise anything, it's a Sunday.
Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mobiyus »

no one... really? 2 little signs of interrest and no signup... Really disapointed, all I ask is 4 displays and a bit of interrest from the community. I'm trying here but not makin it easy aren't ya guys? I'm deeply disapointed that no one sign-up when other shows never got any problem finding pilots. It looks like some sort of boycott TBH. Also it's not encouraging for the upcoming racing championship.

So, as of now, the airshow will go on, without performers. If no one's interested, the aero display part will simply be removed. If no more than 3 people shows up to the event, I will stop all my racing activities and racing in ys will disapear before it even really starts.
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE »

Mobiyus, no one's boycotting you. I'm not sure what's going on, but it may have a bit to do with confusion or a little bit of mixing up with events. I'll take a slot for your air show and a slot for the racing. Also remember, some people don't like signing up until they are sure of their personal schedules and that things do not conflict if they don't have to.

Display Name - VNAF MaxG
Aircraft Type - Extra 330SC
Names of Pilot - VNAF ONE
Country of Origin - United States
Time Zone - GMT -0400
Download link - LINK
Link to official topic/website - VNAF FACEBOOK

Also, throw me in for your narrator. I can at least help you do that. You'll still need a referee because I'm not really gonna be able to do that (I'm just not really good at it). If you need music, I can possibly do that too but I'm not sure to what extent so you might want a backup for that.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

Don't get discouraged Mobiyus its just a vary slow time right now.It usually is this time of the year.As I pointed out in an earlier post its a trend thing and nothing personal in any way.
Image[/align=centre]
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

It seemed like there was excitement for racing, but several people have vanished from the forum since then. I was surprised only four people showed up to my race, and I was one of them! Maybe more people will show up in the spring.

If nobody signs up, I hereby threaten to submit the following:
Me if nobody else signs up! wrote:Display Name - National And Commuter Airlines L-39 Banner Display
Aircraft Type - Jet fighter
Names of Pilot - Patrick
Time Zone - (GMT) GMT-5, Central Daylight Time
Download link - CLICK HERE
Link to official topic/website - Official NatComAir Site
This will be five to ten minutes of me flying one of the slowest fighter jets in the game while pulling a sign advertising a virtual airline and blowing smoke, as illustrated in my signature. There will most likely be crashes involved, forcing me to respawn multiple times. Do you real display pilots really want to see that?

-- Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:08 pm --

My post is serious. Sign up for this or you'll have to watch me crash a bunch of times!
Kilo 11
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Supermarine Spitfire

Post by Kilo 11 »

BAE SYSTEMS/EADS Eurofighter

Display Name - YS Ala 11 Typhoon Dynamic Display
Aircraft Type - C.16 Typhoon S
Names of Pilot - Kilo 11
Country of Origin - DR
Time Zone - GMT -0400
Download link - http://ysu.ysfhq.com/download.php?id=1109
Link to official topic/website ---
Last edited by Kilo 11 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan »

I'll go ahead and sign up for the York Valley Canyon and Bahamas cannon ball races. All I have to do is show up yes?
MD5Ray01
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10A Thunderbolt 2

Post by MD5Ray01 »

I suppose I could try to attend and bring something very unique.

Display Name - The Shadow Dagger
Aircraft Type - RAH-66 Comanche
Names of Pilot - MD5Ray01
Time Zone - GMT -0500
Download link - http://www.mediafire.com/download/1d2cc ... dagger.zip
Link to official topic/website -

Also, I can do some referee or announcer work.
ImageImage
"Everything's better when inverted" - me, 2015
Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mobiyus »

Thank you for your all your responses guys, I was starting to get worried.

Performers sheet edited
VNAF ONE wrote:but it may have a bit to do with confusion or a little bit of mixing up with events. // some people don't like signing up until they are sure of their personal schedules and that things do not conflict if they don't have to.
Gunny wrote:Don't get discouraged Mobiyus its just a vary slow time right now.It usually is this time of the year.As I pointed out in an earlier post its a trend thing and nothing personal in any way.
I sure hope it's something like that and nothing more. Thank you for your kind words. That being said I know I'm not the most ''social'' person around here, to say the least :/
Patrick31337 wrote:If nobody signs up, I hereby threaten to submit the following:
Pat I suppose since Kilo 11 posted a jet fighter entry, You will give him your place? (You posted first)
And why don't you try something in a GA aircraft? This is more like the kind of things you fly usually :P
Turbofan wrote:I'll go ahead and sign up for the York Valley Canyon and Bahamas cannon ball races. All I have to do is show up yes?
Indeed, you just need to show up, but thank you for posting your interest beforehand. It's higly appreciated!
VNAF ONE wrote:Also, throw me in for your narrator. I can at least help you do that. You'll still need a referee because I'm not really gonna be able to do that (I'm just not really good at it). If you need music, I can possibly do that too but I'm not sure to what extent so you might want a backup for that.
Thank you, your help is welcome! I was not seeing myself do most of the talking and entertaining. Those of you who saw me on TS knows I don't talk much. Even in my native french language, I'm a kinda boring guy lol so yea, Definitly a main narrator. Thanks a bunch and I'll PM you details shortly! (like, a few days)
MD5Ray01 wrote:Also, I can do some referee or announcer work.
Thanks, your help is welcome as well! you're in as a ref and anouncer If that's fine with VNAF ONE. Will also PM you details shortly.
As for ref, the job's easy, you can even participate in the race yourself, just need someone to take the time do the thing. Just save replay after each race and review the whole race for each players, seeking potential fault to rules and issue a penalty on the official result (that means tell me so I change it on the spreadsheet). I will be a ref too, I just want to make sure that no one single person will be a ref. Transparency concerns :) For this event, we can review after the whole thing, no need to do it after every single races. I'm considering it for future race series tho, but not this event. Just need to see how long it actually takes to review a race first.
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE »

I'd say, on the review stuff, what you could do is have unofficial results concluding each race, by simply who appears to be winning, but pending official review. Then, WITHIN 24 HOURS, after reviewing the races via video/replay, the official results can be posted, so people don't have to wait too long to find out if they didn't or did do so hot.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer
Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mobiyus »

VNAF ONE wrote:I'd say, on the review stuff, what you could do is have unofficial results concluding each race, by simply who appears to be winning, but pending official review.
Exactly what I was planning. I intend to review the races right after the event to provide the official results within a few hours.
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

Ok, so since a legitimate display (Kilo) has signed up for jet fighter, you guys won't have to watch me crash the L-39. We've got an aerobatic display and a helicopter display. Here is my registration for the GA display:

Display Name - Bush Frontiers Straight and Level
Aircraft Type - single-prop GA - Piper J3C-65 Cub
Names of Pilot - Patrick
Time Zone - (GMT) GMT-5, Central Daylight Time
Download link - CLICK HERE
Link to official topic/website - Official NatComAir Site

Objective: I will take off in what is sure to be one of the slowest, fixed-wing aircraft in a YS event. I will fly as straight and level as possible past the audience. Then I will land as smoothly as possible. No loops, no spins, no barrel rolls. :D
Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mobiyus »

Updated schedule, staff application section and added specific rules for each races.

all these displays looks good to me :) Display registration is now closed. Looking forward to see you all there!
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN