Declaring War on Boredom

Announcements which were previously posted on our Drupal and WordPress blogs.
Eric
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Super Hornet

Declaring War on Boredom

Post by Eric » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:35 am

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Hey YSFlight players,

Are you bored in YSFlight? Do you avoid launching the game because you know there's nothing new to do? Getting tired of "the grind" for meaningless flight hours? Disappointed in the current online experience?

Time for that to change. Today the World War 3 server is reborn, now hosted by YSFHQ. The old one, which had been frequented by Japanese and English players alike back when it was at 2ch, fell inactive last summer. We're proud to bring it back, giving players another chance to show their combat skill online. This is hosted on the same dedicated connection as YSFHQ.com and Teamspeak, ensuring everyone gets a low-lag and very fun experience.

The server IP is ys.ysfhq.com and it comes with YSVote and YSChat already installed, as well as a G-limit of -10/+15. More features including leaderboard integration are coming soon, and we are already logging kills on the server. Take some time to brush up your dogfighting and ground attack skills, then head online to prove your worth.

Read more about the server and all its features here: YSFHQ.com/WW3

Big thanks to Vincent[web] and ClubRaptor for their server programs that made this possible. The server is funded by your donation money, the same money that keeps YSUpload and YSFHQ.com running, so thank you to everyone which has donated.

YSFHQ officially declares war on boredom today. World War 3 is among us. I'll see you in the skies.
- Eric, Head Admin
I make this website.

MrFunnybone
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: UFO

Re: Declaring War on Boredom

Post by MrFunnybone » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:39 am

THANK YOU ERIC! Holy crap the WW3 server is back. I'm sure iqmal and nightraven would love this because they used to be very active on the server :D. Also may i ask how you were able to get the ww3 scripts?

Doomsday
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: PEW PEW PEW PEW

Post by Doomsday » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:49 am

He hasn't obtained the scripts yet, its basically a standard YS server with ww3 planes only with g-limit on.
PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW

Team Awesome# 131

Eric
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Eric » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:22 am

Doomsday is correct. However, I contacted the ww3 admin (I emailed [email protected], not sure if it's correct) and hopefully I'll get a response. Included a Japanese translation (from Google) as well.

As for what happened to the old server: http://ysflight.info/test/read.cgi/bbs/1244357871/l50
ww3admin via Google Translate wrote: 214: Ww3admin ◆ U9CroaJZUo: 2013/01/08 [YYYY/MM/DD] (Tue) 18:19:53
Since a PC server ww3 was moving becomes unbootable, we are absent from.
Thank you.

Japanese:
ww3サーバーが動いていたパソコンが起動不能になったため、お休みしています。
よろしくおねがいします。
If you have any suggestions on how we can improve the server, I'm all ears. Bombcat/Maverick, maybe you have some ideas? (since I oversaw you chatting about it)
I make this website.

Bombcat
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-14D Tomcat

Post by Bombcat » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:40 am

Yes, I've got a few ideas. At the minimum, we should make sure the server has the most recent, properly updated dats for the WW3 aircraft. I know that fuel tanks and proper heavy bomb loads have been patched into my copy of the ww3 aircraft, but these features do not seem to feature on the server copy.

A more extensive aim would be to integrate the HQP GAC pack, either with those dats, or the equivalent GAC dats for those aircraft. This would be a nice way to make our version of the server truly ours, without necessarily dumping an unlimited selection of addons.

The original scripts which made ww3 what it was would certainly be an ideal goal, but the fact that such a server is running at all is welcome news.
[CAG171]Bombcat, Commander, Air Wing 171
Team Awesome # 23
YSFHQ administrator.

NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Post by NightRaven » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:45 am

:shock:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

IM SO HAPPY YAY

THANK U ERIC
HWUEBDYEHWIJSHEYRHFIFIDHDJDJDUEHFURJFHCHCJEUSGSJAHALWUQODHFIGJRHDUDBDUEJEHEJ

ERIC OTL

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:18 am

^^ Was that really necessary? Settle down lad. :|
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM

Post by iqmal_97 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:26 am

MrFunnybone wrote:THANK YOU ERIC! Holy crap the WW3 server is back. I'm sure iqmal and nightraven would love this because they used to be very active on the server :D. Also may i ask how you were able to get the ww3 scripts?
You're correct on that. In fact, my body is trembling right now and OMG I'M GONNA EXPLODE BECAUSE THIS IS TOO MUC-

- keep calm, keep calm. Short and happy thoughts. :)
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)

Strik3agle98
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: any thing that have double delta wing, twin tailed

Post by Strik3agle98 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:13 pm

Thanks Eric, but can you please update the server? I can't load my fuel tank and I can only load 8 500lb bomb on my B-2(it show 80 on the loading windows but when I joined it's went to 8), Thanks :D

Eric
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Eric » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:24 pm

Updated the server with the latest .DAT files. Also got the source code of the logging program, so hopefully I can build out some of the features the old ww3 server had.
I make this website.