YSFlight Test Version 20140909 released

Announcements which were previously posted on our Drupal and WordPress blogs.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Re: YSFlight Test Version 20140909 released

Post by Flake » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:43 am

Soji's pretty focused on feedback for this release I think - We should all pull fingers out and help him with it.

Bug report - When going to fly over a replay, YS does not load the correct field, and assumes your default. EG: You fly on misawa as default map normally, but flew a record on Aomori. When you select an aircraft to fly again, you are given misawa start positions. Current work around is to select your aircraft, then select start position from the menu after choosing one of the bogus starts.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:58 am

OfficerFlake wrote:Bug report - When going to fly over a replay, YS does not load the correct field, and assumes your default. EG: You fly on misawa as default map normally, but flew a record on Aomori. When you select an aircraft to fly again, you are given misawa start positions. Current work around is to select your aircraft, then select start position from the menu after choosing one of the bogus starts.
The current stable version has the same problem for me. EDIT: Using fsmaino.exe and in Win Vista.

ForeverYMonster
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Su-35/Su-37

Post by ForeverYMonster » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:58 pm

Last I checked the Chromebook ran on a custom Google OS, but you can always just put Linux on it

Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:17 pm

New update:
Soji Yamakawa wrote:2014/10/29

YSFLIGHT

Simple HUD option was back in the config dialog since the last update. I forgot mentioning.
Relative speed indication on the HUD shows 1 digit below decimal if the relative speed is less than 10kt.
Taxiing autopilot does not stop in front of a killed airplane.
I tried to make dog-fight and formation autopilots so that the airplane does not crash when the target airplane is far away. I think I can make these autopilots a little smarter.
It doesn't make sense to ask to continue or not to continue in some flights like landing-practice mode, so I made an option to disable continue dialog. In .YFS file, CANCONTI FALSE does it.
Can put UTF-8 string in mission-goal statement. Also a mission-description PNG file can be embedded in the .YFS file in BASE64 encoding.
Concept mission "AomoriWars.yfs" I wanted to make a mission like you attack enemy base, land there, and capture an aircraft to fly back to your original base. I am testing the concept. Maybe Misawa to Aomori was too far to casually play such a mission though.

Scenery Editor

Fixed: Rotation was not correct.

By the way, currently you can put a texture on a RECTANGLE in a map, or on an Elevation Grid. To do so, you first need to load a .PNG image in the scenery where the map or the elevation grid reside (or is going to reside). You can do it by (1) selecting the scenery and (2) selecting Edit->Texture->Add. After adding, when you insert a RECTANGLE you can select a texture in a drop list. Or, you can assign a texture on an Elevation Grid by (1) selecting an Elevation Grid, and (2) clicking Object->Elevation Grid->Properties.
Pretty cool!
Hi! I make average, undesirable, boring grey maps for YS Flight!

Check out my YSFS videos on my Youtube channel!
-----------------------
Avatar: Pratt and Whitney JT8D-219
-----------------------
Turbofan's Terminal updated! New information on home page and WIP for 2020! Check it out!
-----------------------
My two cents:
Most over-used phrase of 2020: "New normal". Can we stop with that already? Pandemics do not last forever, and things will eventually go back to normal.

Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Barr » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:38 pm

Oh so the textures aren't a direct drop in. You must make a Rectangular Region where the texture resides right?
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.