Vote for Forum Associated reps - YSFHQ Staff Elections Spring 2016

Announcements which were previously posted on our Drupal and WordPress blogs.

Which two staff members should be elected?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:09 pm

MD5Ray01
14%
OfficerFlake
41%
KSH
18%
Doomsday
27%

Total votes: 56

YSFHQ
Staff Chief
Staff Chief
Favorite Aircraft: All of them.

Vote for Forum Associated reps - YSFHQ Staff Elections Spring 2016

Post by YSFHQ » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:09 pm

Candidate statements:
MD5Ray01 wrote:Username: MD5Ray01

Preferred Role: Forum Associated

What can you bring to the staff team?
I'm a level-headed person, and have some experience with forum administration. I've been fairly active in the community (even if I've kept quiet for the most part). I have a mind for analyzing, but can act swiftly and decisively if need be.
OfficerFlake wrote:Username: OfficerFlake

A wealth of experience in phpBB3 bullitin board administration spanning the last 10 years. I'm a novice php dev now and I would be working closely with HQ to strengthen the ties of YSFlight with YSFHQ, promoting further online play. I've been working with Eric loosely over the past 5 years trying to further improve both YSF and YSFHQ and I look forwards to stepping this practice up even further.

Granted I have joined and left the staff roster a few times - some negative, some neutral. I feel I am ready to contribute big time to the site - just little things like tidying up and background work and of course, coding development on top of my already high activity rates. I also live in "the east" and I'm on at hours most of the established mod team are offline, perhaps something to consider guys? ;)

I'm a very firm believer in ethics and confidentiality - I have administrated in the past on a very transparent basis, which I'm sure some current and former staff can attest to. I used to tend to get angry at noobs but I've since wisened up a little and am more relaxed in my life now. I'm ready to return to the staff roster and I hope both normal members and staff members (former and current) of YSFHQ can get behind my application. :)
ksh wrote:Username: KSH

Help with keeping the forum clean and the rules respected.
Doomsday wrote:Username: Doomsday

I have been a part of the YSFHQ Staff administration team since 2012 and have played a large role in the growth of YSFHQ since then. My position in the staff administration has ranged from Section Moderator, Administrator, and Head Administrator. Many of the current staff team and former staff members can attest to me being very active in the staff forums, helping resolve a variety of issues that ranged from small disputes to user impersonation on a separate forum. With your vote, I strive to make YSFHQ a welcoming community for all members.
YSFlight Headquarters
Administrative / Official Account

Sierra
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: A car

Re: Vote for Forum Associated reps - YSFHQ Staff Elections Spring 2016

Post by Sierra » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:11 pm

Flake for president, make ys great again

MD5Ray01
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10A Thunderbolt 2

Post by MD5Ray01 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:53 am

Well, I guess it's time for me to bow out of this race, since there's no chance that I'm gonna win.
ImageImage
"Everything's better when inverted" - me, 2015

Eric
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Super Hornet

Post by Eric » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:09 am

MD5Ray01 wrote:Well, I guess it's time for me to bow out of this race, since there's no chance that I'm gonna win.
I'd advice you to not concede until the election is over and all the votes have been counted. Things may change significantly in the next 40 hours.
I make this website.

Shutter
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: wut

Post by Shutter » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:18 am

Okay, looks like it's down to flake vs dooms, more or less. Those of you who know me, know dooms and I are tight so I'm biased, but Flake has done mad work for ys and you have to respect that. It's really unfortunate that because of this system you can't have both, because if they're willing to put in the work it's ridiculous not to take them. They're top notch.

But if you absolutely must make a decision between the two, I urge you all to pick doomsday. He was at the core of the group that founded ysfhq. When iceman was first bouncing ideas around on the 171st ts, dooms was there. He has always fully understood and represented the central pillar that YSFHQ was founded on; a ys fansite without all the shenanigans, whose goal is to promote a good time.

Some of you have no clue who I am, because you're just that new. The short version is that for a short while I was the top admin here, until I basically jumped ship along with sentinel. This is a new account, so you can't really tell, but I was here from the start, I know you folks, I know this game, I know how this community works. Those of you who've been around a while are familiar with my textwalls and know I have a good grasp of where people ought to be to keep things running as smoothly as possible. Much of the people involved in the leadership of this community, be it in official designation or not, stand where they are because I put them there. I'm not trying to brag; my point is that I have a good track record for admin/mod placement.

Dooms was, in my opinion, our best admin. I've spoken at length with former head staff on the subject (bomb, sent, etc.) and we are all of like mind. Dooms has the right temperament; he's always approached every situation in a rational, level-headed way. He's got a track record of making all the right calls where possible. He's been consistently involved in the community, through thick and thin. We at hq have had an unfortunate tradition of picking those people who contribute the most to the community and giving them a staff position, almost like a reward. I've expounded on this topic plenty in the past, so I won't repeat tired lines, but this is not the criteria for competent community oversight. What you want in staff is someone who understands the subject matter, understands the people, and can reliably resolve situations in a way most beneficial to those parties involved. In these areas, I find dooms has done sensationally, and I hope you all take this into consideration when you make your pick.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:49 am

"Which two staff members should be elected?"

Correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't look like Dooms and I are in any competition with each other whatsoever - We would both be elected.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:52 am

Shutter wrote:It's really unfortunate that because of this system you can't have both
We get two votes. We literally can have both. ;)

VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:05 am

- You can vote for TWO people in ALL THREE topics.
There is no need to decide between the two but rather decide amongst all options. There will be 6 admins as there are now, with the core admins on top of that. Thanks though I guess.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer

Shutter
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: wut

Post by Shutter » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:31 pm

Reading is for nerds, all I do here now is post things typed by my legion of monkeys.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:48 am

I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!