Voting - Forum Specific [Ends 31 March]

Announcements which were previously posted on our Drupal and WordPress blogs.

Which 2 staff members should be elected?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:40 am

xX_SuperSic58_Xx
47%
Zack
28%
Doomsday
26%

Total votes: 58

YSFHQ
Staff Chief
Staff Chief
Favorite Aircraft: All of them.

Voting - Forum Specific [Ends 31 March]

Post by YSFHQ »

VOTING- FORUM SPECIFIC
How to nominate:
Simply post your reason below as to why you would be the best candidate for the role and why members of YSFHQ should vote for you. That easy.

See example post below!
Example nomination post:
A. Nominee wrote:Hi YSFHQ! I am most suitable for this role because I am good at stuff. Remember that one time I did the thing? Please vote for me!
Remember to adhere to the nomination rules and campaigning rules!
See the anouncement thread here: viewtopic.php?p=107237#p107237
YSFlight Headquarters
Administrative / Official Account
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Re: Nominations - Forum Specific [Ends 23 March]

Post by Flake »

Hi again HQ!

True to my word I took a 6 month break from administrative duties to work on my own life a bit. I'm busy than ever but also more organised - I feel I could easily take on the duties of forum administration once again.

Those who know me know I have a long and somewhat complicated history with YSF and the politics of management in general.

I try to lead from a utility-justice view of ethics. I want to do the right thing for the most people. Many of you know I'm not active in any squadrons any more, (though I do still have a fond comradery with VFA-49). I try and keep my many different affairs separate, in all facets of my life.

A vote for me is a vote for long term stability. I've been here over 10 years, I intend to be here forever. As a forum administrator over the coming 6 months, I'd aim to further encourage forum use by reviewing some of the arbitrary rules and restrictions we have on the forum, to make it more friendly. I'd also aim to re-structure a few hard to read pinned threads/tutorials and generally just be a positive role model and guiding presence.

So that's what you get if you vote for me: No inter-squad drama, no petty self-politics. Just a quiet introverted guy who cares about the place and wants to do good for everyone. Gimme another 6 months in office peeps, I won't let you down. ;)
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Zack
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Fighting Falcon

Post by Zack »

Hello Ysfhq!

My name is Zack, Some of you know me as Gizmos.

I've been apart of this forum for almost 5 years now, and I have seen many admin changes over the years. one thing that I have noticed over time is that the Admin team tends to go inactive or just brush aside the roles that they took on when entering the position they chose. That is something that I will not do. I want to help HQ be civil. I want to help HQ be welcoming. and I want to just have fun!

I Know that in Ysflight there are many things that people like to do, such as Combat, Ace Combat, Aerobatics, etc. from time to time drama does happen between these genres of ysflight, and I hope to take an Unbiased take on all drama that does happen.

Another thing is that with me being in HQ for 5 years and ysflight in general for 9 years, I know how things should go, and how things shouldnt go. There are things in the past that made this game not fun for people. and if you vote for me, I hope to help us all have some good ol plain fun!

When someone has done wrong, I like to take an open approach to the situation. I want to hear both sides of the problem. and try to find a way to solve the situation civilly. I want everyone here to just have fun! and if everyone can have fun, we can all be happy.

If you vote for me this spring, you can get an un-biased staff member who will try to make the most civil decisions to any problem that may arise.

Thank you.
Doomsday
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: PEW PEW PEW PEW

Post by Doomsday »

Hello gents,

As many of you have known, I have been a part of the YSFHQ Staff administration team since 2012 and have played a large role in the growth of YSFHQ since then. My position in the staff administration has ranged from Section Moderator, Administrator, and Head Administrator. Many of the current staff team and former staff members can attest to me being very active in the staff forums, helping resolve a variety of issues that ranged from small disputes to user impersonation on a separate forum. As a longtime fan of this flight game for over 9 years, I wish to continue making this community a welcoming place for all members; young and old, first timers and old timers.
PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW

Team Awesome# 131
FrenchTOZT
CVW-171
CVW-171
Favorite Aircraft: F-65

Re: Voting - Forum Specific [Ends 31 March]

Post by FrenchTOZT »

<171
Team Awesome# Whatever. ALPHA-5 OF THE TA-RANGERS Part of the f**king problem