New Members Breaking Rules [PLEASE READ!]

Announcements which were previously posted on our Drupal and WordPress blogs.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

New Members Breaking Rules [PLEASE READ!]

Post by Flake »

Hi All!

To our new members - Welcome to YSFHQ! We DO want you to have a good time here.

... But to have a good time here, you need to obey our forum rules and culture.

Our forum rules prohibit double posting, as this is very "spammy", and artificially inflates your post count.

So: Fair warning. I will be issuing board warnings for needless repeat double posting from here on out. Each member will get ONE verbal warning and if it happens again, the board warnings will start.

If you get 3 board warnings, you will be placed on the moderation queue - Forum moderators will need to review every post you attempt to make to ensure you are meeting our forum rules and guidelines.

Personally, that's a lot of work for us to do but we are left with little choice.

So I kindly ask: Please read the forum rules. Please be mindful of when, where, what and how you are posting. I don't enjoy being the "bad man" that brings the boot down on new members for not following our forum rules, but you leave me little choice.

If you get a issued a board warning, it's not the end of the world. Learn from it, and it'll go away after a short while.

I understand some of our new members are not native english speakers. That's okay, we will try and work with you on this. But this does not excuse you from our rules.

Thank you for your understanding.

I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!