Voting - Forum Specific [Closed 1 October]

Announcements which were previously posted on our Drupal and WordPress blogs.

Which two forum members should be elected as Forum Specific Staff for Semester 2, 2017?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:42 am

Greenhorn
9%
Sierra
6%
Patrick31337
18%
Flake
40%
Doomsday
27%

Total votes: 85

YSFHQ
Staff Chief
Staff Chief
Favorite Aircraft: All of them.

Voting - Forum Specific [Closed 1 October]

Post by YSFHQ »

VOTING - FORUM SPECIFIC

How to vote:
Simply choose any two members you wish in the attached poll. That easy.

Best of luck to all our candidates this semester!

Voting has ended. Thank you for your participation!
YSFlight Headquarters
Administrative / Official Account
Greenhorn
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A320, B737, F-5E, Gripen, Mirage F-1

Re: Nominations - Forum Specific [Closes 24 September]

Post by Greenhorn »

Hello, my name is Greenhorn. I've been lurking on the forums since 2013. I will be running for Forum Specific.

First!1111

I'M FULL OF SHIT, HOW D'YA LIKE THAT?
The War RoomImageMalaysiaball, 2nd from the left
Triggered easily, do not startle

A firm believer of using UTC times for international events
Sierra
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: A car

Post by Sierra »

I am Sierra. I have no way to compete with the other candidates, nor are my qualities better than theirs, but I might as well try.

Vote for me if you have nothing better to do.

Thanks, I guess.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon »

It has been an honor to serve as a member of the staff for the last year. I decided that this time I would run in the Forum Specific category. Over the past two terms, I have worked with the other staff to implement some changes to rules and policies here on the HQ. I would appreciate the opportunity to continue that work.

Thanks for your consideration.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

Lots of folks posting here! Great to see!

Okay, what to say. Ya'll know me. I'm I guess what you'd call one of those in-between guys, being 25, I get on with most of our yougner audience while also getting on well with the older guys too. I try to be as approachable as possible and generally have a "get the job done" attitude while seperating myself emotionally. It's weird but it works and I think it allows me to do great things here. I've enjoyed being responsible for the forums as a happily elected forum staff member over the past 6 months, and then for another 6 month period the year prior. I'm a whiz at PHPBB3 which our forum software is based off, so to effectively kill spam-bots and moderate users and the forum, these are vital skills to have in an administrator. I enjoy working with you all. I enjoy coming onto the forums each day to see what my family is up to. I would love the opportunity to do so for another 6 months. I appreciate your time to hear me and hope I can continue to serve you all equally and fairly over the next 6 months. Regardless of the election outcome, remember I'm just a PM away for anything you need. Kudos!
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Doomsday
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: PEW PEW PEW PEW

Post by Doomsday »

Hello all! Throwing my hat into the ring for Forum Specific admin!

I have been a member of the YSFlight community for almost a decade and no sign of quitting any time soon! This game is just too fun to leave, but enough of that, onto about myself!

I have been around during the early growth of YSFHQ and assisted with the administration team with any support they needed. (I may or may not have been banned by some of our original staff team when I was a guinea pig for them.) :lol: Later on I was bought onto the YSFHQ Staff and broadened my skills on the PHPBB3 format by forum management, user permission, spam and spambot removal, etc.

My position in the staff administration has ranged from Section Moderator, Administrator, and Head Administrator. Many of the current staff team and former staff members can attest to me being very active in the staff forums, helping resolve a variety of issues that ranged from small disputes to user impersonation on a separate forum to have a democratic election process for the administration team.

As a potential returning staff for the administration team, I plan on guiding potential user that are new to the administration team and teach them the bells and whistles on how to be a successful admin. Another plan I have is to spearhead the support of the new admin staff we get, as I am sure some of them will have great ideas that they want to implement into YSFHQ. I want to help support them so we can leave a mark during our 6 month period on the administration team! I am still an avid player in the ysflight community, especially in the combat section and we know that area tends to stir a bit of drama. I ensure during my time as an admin if I am elected, I will be impartial to everyone here on the forum no matter what happens on the YSFlight servers. I am here to grow YSFHQ, not to stomp on our community members.

Also, if you vote for me, I will bring back my Mario avatar that some of you have missed. :)

Good luck to the rest of our candidates!
PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW

Team Awesome# 131
YSFHQ
Staff Chief
Staff Chief
Favorite Aircraft: All of them.

Post by YSFHQ »

Poll Open!

Good luck to all candidates!
YSFlight Headquarters
Administrative / Official Account