Page 1 of 1

issues with custom made scenery objects appearing

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:56 am
by C05MIC
So the issue at hand is trying to get custom building scenery objects to appear

I will be documenting the process so you can see step by step the issue at hand if you can help me i would appreciate it

i create the object in blender 2.79 with exporter for .srf
1.PNG
2.PNG
i create the .dat file for the object itself
3.PNG

Re: issues with custom made scenery objects appearing

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:59 am
by C05MIC
i add the info in the ground.lst
4.PNG
i create the scenery with the object i made showing up
5.PNG
export as .fld
6.PNG

Re: issues with custom made scenery objects appearing

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:01 am
by C05MIC
and flying in my map everything but the building shows
7.PNG

This has been an issue all day anyone can point out anything that needs to be done i would appreciate it thanks guys.

Re: issues with custom made scenery objects appearing

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:40 am
by C05MIC
i stumbled on the issue the file directories arent pointing correctly to where they need to go hence why there not showing however i need to work on fixing the issue of finding the source of what went wrong with creating user files with ground objects and .lst files with .dat and .srf i will update once i have gotten further

Re: issues with custom made scenery objects appearing

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:18 pm
by Flake
The building appears to explode on spawn. Try setting the collision file to null, and try test-spawning it higher above the ground (say, 100m to get started)

Re: issues with custom made scenery objects appearing

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:37 pm
by waspe414
Ground objects don't calculate collisions with the ground or other ground objects, so it's not that.

Re: issues with custom made scenery objects appearing

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:04 pm
by C05MIC
yes Waspe is right it was the aircraft coliding with the ground but i found the issue the way i set the structure in the Dat was not reading the correct file placement i found this out thanks to using the default dat for test.dat