Save file format

Questions, comments, concerns, & fixes
Zer0ah
Favorite Aircraft: Cessna 172

Save file format

Post by Zer0ah » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:07 pm

I'm using YS-flight to test some scripts I've written for my graduate research, and I could use some help interpreting how YS-flight saves velocity data to the file. As far as I have been able to parse, velocity is not stored as part of the main save block, but there is a section that follows.

This section starts with many lines starting with V, then three numbers, then R. However, there are not enough lines here to suggest that this is the corresponding velocity for each timestep. Afterwards, there is a section that repeats four lines, following the basic format shown below:
F
V [int1 int2 int3]
N [num1 num2 num3]
E
Is this some interpretation of velocity? If anyone knows then it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

waspe414
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: CH-136 Kiowa, Yak-130 Mitten

Re: Save file format

Post by waspe414 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:29 pm

viewtopic.php?f=299&t=8007
And have a look at the Flight Log here https://sites.google.com/site/ysdecaff/ ... ight-tools

The part you're looking at is the SURF file (point and face data) for the clouds. Velocity must be calculated stepwise from position data.
Actual UltraViolet
Image Image
I stole your turnip. Now you must come and defend your honour. ~ Hank Green

decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:48 pm

Zer0ah, in the flight log, the aircraft class is likely a good place to start, but the YFS2CSV is also a decent tool for you to use as it helps transcribe the raw data.

Waspe's input to the yfs parameter help topic is my go-to resource for all things related to the replay (.yfs) file.
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit by Bitbucket page for Python codes: https://bitbucket.org/decaff42/

Server Flight Log
Addon Database Submit Addon To Database

Zer0ah
Favorite Aircraft: Cessna 172

Post by Zer0ah » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:05 pm

Thanks both, I have already put together a tool for extracting the relevant information so I don't believe that YFS2CSV will be necessary for that part. I'll take a look at the other tools though, they might prove useful for extracting other details so I don't have to write more scripts myself. Thanks!