How do I install addons on Mac?

Questions, comments, concerns, & fixes
Luthki
Favorite Aircraft: SU-25

How do I install addons on Mac?

Post by Luthki »

Hi there,

I just want to ask how I can install addons on my mac. None of the other methods seem to work!

Thanks!
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Re: How do I install addons on Mac?

Post by decaff_42 »

Hello fellow mac user! Check out the Getting started guide about this. On Mac there is a global directory for all YSFlight builds that you can install into. For a specific YSFlight build, you right click on the application (in finder) and click show package contents.

viewtopic.php?f=284&t=6256

From there it is the same for all operating systems. One thing to watch out for in some older addons is the lst files use \ instead of / for the paths to different files. You will need to manually change those with a find-replace.
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya

Post by u2fly »

decaff_42 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:15 pmYou will need to manually change those with a find-replace.
JFTR, What about `addon_to_mac.py` script creating by modifying your `addon_to_linux.py` for MacOS?

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost
- we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”

pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV [archived]
(31 DEC 2016)
Luthki

Post by Luthki »

decaff_42 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:15 pm Hello fellow mac user! Check out the Getting started guide about this. On Mac there is a global directory for all YSFlight builds that you can install into. For a specific YSFlight build, you right click on the application (in finder) and click show package contents.

viewtopic.php?f=284&t=6256

From there it is the same for all operating systems. One thing to watch out for in some older addons is the lst files use \ instead of / for the paths to different files. You will need to manually change those with a find-replace.
Hey, thanks for the heads up, but do you have discord, so you can properly guide me? My ysflight folder appears really odd, and is really hard to navigate - i have tried deleting and reinstalling, but nothing works. I have this one folder called "console_server".
My tag is Luthki#8888
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 »

YSFHQ has a discord server! Join us and I'd be happy to spend a few minutes going through this.
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
Luthki

Post by Luthki »

Hey guys!

After Decaff helped me out, I thought I would share the steps!
The problem for my mac was that I ran on 2018 on High Sierra, so here are the steps that helped me install addons!

1) Go to your ysflight folder
2) RIGHT click on the application called "ysflight64_gl2"
3) Click "Show Package Contents"
4) Click on "Contents"
5) Click on "Resources"
6) Now you will see that you have all the folders necessary to install addons, except for one!
7) Make a new folder, titled "user" (preferable lowercase u)

Now, when you try to install an addon, there will be 2 primary folders in the addon folder - "aircraft" and "User". Simply just drag the contents of the User folder in the addon folder into your ysflight, and aircraft into your aircraft folder... and Voila!

Thanks to decaff for the all the help! :D