adding weapons to planes

Questions, comments, concerns, & fixes
Donut
Favorite Aircraft: F-14 Tomcat

adding weapons to planes

Post by Donut »

recently i downloaded some addons for some planes but some of them didnt have any missiles, so im wondering if i can add ordinance to planes or if i have to get a new addon. (warning im a noob :lol: )
Su-37 Superflanker Image
waspe414
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Kiowa, Mitten, Hornet

Re: adding weapons to planes

Post by waspe414 »

Every aircraft has a .dat file that sets everything about how it flies. They are just text files with a fancy extension, so you can open them in Notepad. To add weapons, you're looking to add the HRDPOINT lines. Have a look at some of the stock aircraft, and the .dat file masterlist here

Sadly we can't modify the weapon performance (you can change the skin, see below), so you're limited to AIM9, AIM9X (will retarget if it loses lock), AIM120, AGM65, RKT (rocket), B250 (250lb freefall bomb), B500, B500HD (high drag), and FUEL. For data on weapon performance, here.

To change weapon skins, you can replace the appropriate files in the misc folder for a complete replacement, or add WPNSHAPE lines (see the .dat topic) to specific .dat files to edit the weapon skin for specific aircraft. There are a number of good weapon skin sources, TF58's and BNI, come to mind. Have a look around the forum and in the sidebar links

A note on servers:
Aircraft performance and weapon load are defined by the server itself, so any changes you make to your local files will be ignored
Actual UltraViolet
Image Image
I stole your turnip. Now you must come and defend your honour. ~ Hank Green
Donut
Favorite Aircraft: F-14 Tomcat

Re: adding weapons to planes

Post by Donut »

thanks this really helps :)
Su-37 Superflanker Image