Turning On anti-Aliasing

Questions, comments, concerns, & fixes
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Turning On anti-Aliasing

Post by decaff_42 » Tue May 28, 2013 6:43 pm

So For those of you who want nicer quality screenshots and better looking gameplay, Anti-Aliasing might be what you want to do.

You will need a graphics card that is capable of doing so, so a little reasearch will help. Additionally Anti-Aliasing will REDUCE YOUR FRAMERATE so be careful. Older computers might not be capable of handling this option.

Some instructions:

ON MAC:
decaff_42 wrote:
Option -> Config -> OpenGL: (Down at the bottom!)

This is what I see on my mac. Not sure what options are available on the windows or linux versions.
ON PC:
iqmal_97 wrote:
As for PC users, this is how its done. It's a little bit tedious IMO, but it's worth the work. Ys really shines when anti-aliasing is applied.

1.First and foremost, you MUST have a graphics card installed. Otherwise, it's not possible. Go to your graphics card control panel (For me, I'm using Nvidia GeForce)
2.Go to "Program Settings", then "add fsmaino.exe" onto the list of programs.
3.Now, you can specify your graphiic setting for YsFlight. make sure that you've chose the "override application settings" option, so that the graphics card can apply anti-aliasing into Ysflight. Boot up YsFlight and enjoy all those magnificent lines!

A little warning: Enabling anti-aliasing will use up more of your computer's resources, thus making it more processor intensive. Unless you have a PC that can handle it, you may get noticeable drops in framerates.
ON LINUX: (A tutorial would be appreciated)
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit by Bitbucket page for Python codes: https://bitbucket.org/decaff42/

Server Flight Log
Addon Database Submit Addon To Database