YS Flight No Window

Questions, comments, concerns, & fixes
PilotC
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: _

YS Flight No Window

Post by PilotC »

After running the 2015 Version of YS last night, I went back to my 2012 version to fly today. Oddly, YS would start up, but the window would never appear. I would get the typical aircraft error I usually do, but the window is not there. The task-bar shows an open session and even shows a preview of the screen, but no window. Kujo had the same issue, and his only fix was to run on the user administrator account. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Re: YS Flight No Window

Post by Flake »

Alt+Space, Alt+X
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
PilotC
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: _

Post by PilotC »

OfficerFlake wrote:Alt+Space, Alt+X
Not all heroes wear capes....
Ace Lord
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: B-52H Stratofortress

Post by Ace Lord »

If one is currently using the built-in Administrator account on their PC, this problem may not occur in the first place. I've had the 2015 version of YS since a month or two after it was released and I have yet to experience this problem with YS on Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 by using the built-in Admin account.
< BoH
KM6BZH
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Mitsubishi Zero

Post by KM6BZH »

Coop wrote:After running the 2015 Version of YS last night, I went back to my 2012 version to fly today. Oddly, YS would start up, but the window would never appear. I would get the typical aircraft error I usually do, but the window is not there. The task-bar shows an open session and even shows a preview of the screen, but no window. Kujo had the same issue, and his only fix was to run on the user administrator account. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I had that problem until I updated ysflight
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

I wonder, can this problem be resolved by setting all YS executables to run in "compatibility" mode, with "run as administrator" checked? ie: force admin privileges?
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!