Questions, comments, concerns, & fixes
KM6BZH
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Mitsubishi Zero

Discord/F12 Concern

Post by KM6BZH » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:23 am

Hello pilots,
I went on a military server today, turning on my discord voice chat (of course with my mic off), and heard a lot of swearing and inappropriate conversations on both the F12 chat and Discord. I know for the fact that people tend to get mad easily when they are flying for their squadron, but it was very unhappy experience. So, I think that there should be a rule for Discord and the F12 chat to prevent swearing and inappropriate conversation from happening again. Also, I heard some offensive things being said by pilots to another pilot, and in my opinion it shall not be tolerated. Calling people names and swearing at people is not what YSFlight should be used for.
UPDATE: Read this first before you say something badviewtopic.php?f=167&t=6071
Last edited by KM6BZH on Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Re: Discord/F12 Concern

Post by Neocon » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:37 am

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5

Post by Nodoka Hanamura » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:39 am

KM6, Discord I will admit that although activities on the Discord like that are prohibited - Servers that are listed on YSFHQ are not obliged to comply with the rules at YSFHQ, and personally, I will abhor and refuse to accept any rules that force these rules onto servers. I will admit that I partook in this activity and apologize.

KM6, if you really want to curb this activity, ask that the Administration find a way to host a Official YSFHQ Server, and apply the rules there.

I will also add that my squadron does get very aggressive, and I apologize for this as well - It's mainly because we put a lot into what we do, and care a lot for the installations we operate out of - hence why we take hostility towards those who attack our base, and it's why I've called off this war against the 49th. It's gotten to the point where I personally have had difficulty enjoying YS, and had considered leaving the community and moving GrunSol elsewhere. I love this community, but the hostility I harbored, magnified from hearing that people are displeased with me and my group, even though now I have discussed with Vic to try and resolve these issues, has damaged my love for it. This community has seen drama before, and this time of year tends to be the harborer for it - I say we have a joint flight where we go around Hawaii on 49th and fly around and take out the enemy bases.
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

KM6BZH
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KM6BZH » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:45 am

Nodoka Hanamura wrote:KM6, Discord I will admit that although activities on the Discord like that are prohibited - Servers that are listed on YSFHQ are not obliged to comply with the rules at YSFHQ, and personally, I will abhor and refuse to accept any rules that force these rules onto servers. I will admit that I partook in this activity and apologize.

KM6, if you really want to curb this activity, ask that the Administration find a way to host a Official YSFHQ Server, and apply the rules there.
Well, I just wanted to let everyone know that from common sense, swearing isn't allowed on cyberspace. Also, I am not that mad :) I am just letting everyone know that YSFlight is a game and pilots shouldn't take squad battles too emotionally.

Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5

Post by Nodoka Hanamura » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:49 am

KM6, If you would, I'd like you to read my post again, I had made a addition.
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

KM6BZH
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KM6BZH » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:04 am

Well, the squadrons have a lot of pride in themselves. YSFlight is for people to have fun, so now please lock the topic someone before this gets out of hand or creates more drama. Also, I am not stating who was involved, and I do not want any punishments against them since this is just an unfortunate accident.

Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Barr » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:11 am

As long as its banter all should be good imo
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:23 am

Locked on request of KM6BZH.