YSFlight 20170517 Test Version

Questions, comments, concerns, & fixes
u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya

Re: YSFlight 20170517 Test Version

Post by u2fly »

Kujo wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 6:43 pmEven more problems with 2017!

I'd like to mention that YSFlight (Gl1/2,D3D) all crash if you have the window minimized for too long. I've confirmed that this problem isn't only for me have seeing other people in the 49th report this too.
I'm a little pissed off. In my opinion, this is the worst test version released that I've ever seen :x
YSFlight 20170517 has bugs, but lets describe them in readable form:
--
PC: Samsung R58P (CPU 1.7GHz; RAM 2Gb; GPU ATI RS600 / 256Mb)
--
  • Minimazing/unminimazing YSFlight main window or cover it by other windows - aircraft start jumping forward-backward for 5-15 seconds, then stabilized. YSFlight NOT crashed on my PC, only produce buggy interaction during little time.
  • Cloud detalisation drop FPS if aircraft near them, but if aircraft far away FPS near same ad in YSFlight 20150425. Look of clouds really better then it was in previouse GL1.x versions, now them look like in GL|ES 2.0
I still test it, so more bugs could founded soon.

Another one is that there are some bugs fixed:
  • Linked external SRF parts in DNM now work on Linux! (BUT I RECOMEND DO NOT USE EXTERNAL SRF, AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND USE DNM WITH ALL SRF PARTS INTERNAL)
Need more time to discower all changes/fixes/bugs in ghis release.

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost
- we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”

pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV [archived]
(31 DEC 2016)
Deleted User 2433

Post by Deleted User 2433 »

u2fly wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 3:17 amCloud detalisation drop FPS if aircraft near them
That would be a side effect of the fact that clouds are a huge number of particles jumbled together rather than a single procedural texture like in MSFS.
Scarecrow
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: T-50B

Post by Scarecrow »

Kujo wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 6:43 pm I'm a little pissed off. In my opinion, this is the worst test version released that I've ever seen :x
If the program itself can barely operate, how does one expect to even play, much more enjoy the game?

I 100% agree - this test version is trash. CaptainYS needs to focus on what really matters - fixing this disaster of a program into a at least usable platform. But hey, what's new?

The fact that YSFlight is running on crap-frames on high-end computers is atrocious.
u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya

Post by u2fly »

Swift wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 4:02 am
u2fly wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 3:17 amCloud detalisation drop FPS if aircraft near them
That would be a side effect of the fact that clouds are a huge number of particles jumbled together rather than a single procedural texture like in MSFS.
Think, need propose Soji add possibility to change resolutuion (number of particles per cloud) throw "Option --> Config -->Graphics" menu for "Solid Cloud" by adding option "Vertexes per Cloud" (diapasone 10 - 1000).

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost
- we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”

pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV [archived]
(31 DEC 2016)
Vic Viper
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: de Havilland Mosquito

Post by Vic Viper »

I believe everyone here would be happy with the graphics in 2012 YSFlight. All we want from Soji is gameplay improvements, including reducing network latency. :x

With further testing on my hardware, I see that YS isn't really using more resources than normal. Instead of scaling resource use according to someone's available hardware, he's trying cram all the graphical changes in the same package as before. This is just stressing the game "engine" (It's not a traditional game engine but I digress) and causing this bad performance.

It would be MUCH MUCH wiser to expand the graphics setting in game so you can more easily turn on/off these effects, and/or replace them with older ones. If someone wants to run more intense graphics, then let the game consume more resources. I'm sure it would do well with 2 gigs of ram instead of 480mb, and 2 or 4 cpu threads instead of one. If people don't have those resources, then they can shut the effects off.
VFA-49 FORUM

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg...and my arm...even my fingers. The body I've lost...the comrades I've lost...won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you? I'm going to make them give back our past"
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Barr »

If soji where to implement mutlicore/thread support wouldn't it require a whole rewrite?
Flake pls respond
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.
Vic Viper
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: de Havilland Mosquito

Post by Vic Viper »

He's already rewriting a lot of things to support the new graphic API's (open gl and Vulkan) Is anyone in this community really slaved to a single core system? I'll be shocked if even one of you is.
VFA-49 FORUM

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg...and my arm...even my fingers. The body I've lost...the comrades I've lost...won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you? I'm going to make them give back our past"
Deleted User 2433

Vic Viper wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 1:00 pm I believe everyone here would be happy with the graphics in 2012 YSFlight. All we want from Soji is gameplay improvements, including reducing network latency. :x

With further testing on my hardware, I see that YS isn't really using more resources than normal. Instead of scaling resource use according to someone's available hardware, he's trying cram all the graphical changes in the same package as before. This is just stressing the game "engine" (It's not a traditional game engine but I digress) and causing this bad performance.

It would be MUCH MUCH wiser to expand the graphics setting in game so you can more easily turn on/off these effects, and/or replace them with older ones. If someone wants to run more intense graphics, then let the game consume more resources. I'm sure it would do well with 2 gigs of ram instead of 480mb, and 2 or 4 cpu threads instead of one. If people don't have those resources, then they can shut the effects off.

That would honestly help a lot since even the lowest end systems within maybe 7-8 years have at least a dual core and at least 2gb of RAM, Having a game that bottlenecks itself based off the performance of early 2000's era computers will eventually cause more harm to those with modern low end machines. Being able to more than double your processing power (since YS has shown to be CPU bound) would more than make up for the recent updates in graphics, might even be able to make those clouds of lag a little less of a problem too.
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Barr »

Dont know why but its started crashing frequently.

Also wont connect to pats civav server. crashes once logged onto vfa-49 server

And damn what a HUGE fps drop from flying around the TFans CMI with the NCA 757. A steady 12 when over land and 19s when over seas. Compared to 40-50 while over seas to 30fps while over land
Attachments
Screenshot (24).png
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.
flyer17
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: boeing 787 dreamliner

Post by flyer17 »

i havent any problem, inclusive with my golden airliner, that has the landing gears too much down
Deleted User 2433

flyer17 wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 6:48 pm i havent any problem, inclusive with my golden airliner, that has the landing gears too much down
That's either a DNM issue or a DAT issue, that has nothing to do with this.
flyer17
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: boeing 787 dreamliner

Post by flyer17 »

Swift wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 7:40 pm
flyer17 wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 6:48 pm i havent any problem, inclusive with my golden airliner, that has the landing gears too much down
oh, the sojis aircrafts are wrong?
Deleted User 1872

Post by Deleted User 1872 »

flyer17 wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 7:41 pm
Swift wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 7:40 pm
oh, the sojis aircrafts are wrong?

Flyer. I'm sorry, but I think it's for the best if you just sit this one out and observe the discussion. What we're talking about is 2017 YS as a whole, not just aircraft, not just scenery, not just one thing. It's all messed up at this point. :?
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

Kujo wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 7:45 pmI think it's for the best if you just sit this one out and observe the discussion.
Hate to agree but when you're right you're right.

This is a long going discussion that's been on for 5 years now, without prior knowledge you might be a bit (a lot) in the dark about half of it.

Just read along and get the gist for now, I think we're diverging...
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!