YSFlight 20170517 Test Version

Questions, comments, concerns, & fixes
User avatar
u2fly
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1168
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:27 am
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya
Location: Ukraine
OS: Linux
Has thanked: 648 times
Been thanked: 263 times
Contact:

Re: YSFlight 20170517 Test Version

Post by u2fly » Mon May 22, 2017 3:17 am

Kujo wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 6:43 pm
Even more problems with 2017!

I'd like to mention that YSFlight (Gl1/2,D3D) all crash if you have the window minimized for too long. I've confirmed that this problem isn't only for me have seeing other people in the 49th report this too.
...
I'm a little pissed off. In my opinion, this is the worst test version released that I've ever seen :x
YSFlight 20170517 has bugs, but lets describe them in readable form:
--
PC: Samsung R58P (CPU 1.7GHz; RAM 2Gb; GPU ATI RS600 / 256Mb)
OS: LinuxMint 17.3 (64bit)
--
  • Minimazing/unminimazing YSFlight main window or cover it by other windows - aircraft start jumping forward-backward for 5-15 seconds, then stabilized. YSFlight NOT crashed on my PC, only produce buggy interaction during little time.
  • Cloud detalisation drop FPS if aircraft near them, but if aircraft far away FPS near same ad in YSFlight 20150425. Look of clouds really better then it was in previouse GL1.x versions, now them look like in GL|ES 2.0
I still test it, so more bugs could founded soon.

Another one is that there are some bugs fixed:
  • Linked external SRF parts in DNM now work on Linux! (BUT I RECOMEND DO NOT USE EXTERNAL SRF, AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND USE DNM WITH ALL SRF PARTS INTERNAL)
Need more time to discower all changes/fixes/bugs in ghis release.
/!\ READ YSFLIGHT HANDBOOK (.PDF) | updated 2017/05/03

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:
“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost - we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”
http://pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV
(31 DEC 2016)

User avatar
Swift
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 777
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:51 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Mig-41 Firefly, Mig-21, F/A-53A Foxtrot
Location: The Mün
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 287 times
Contact:

Re: YSFlight 20170517 Test Version

Post by Swift » Mon May 22, 2017 4:02 am

u2fly wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 3:17 am
Cloud detalisation drop FPS if aircraft near them
That would be a side effect of the fact that clouds are a huge number of particles jumbled together rather than a single procedural texture like in MSFS.
Image

User avatar
Scarecrow
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Posts: 1256
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:08 am
Favorite Aircraft: T-50B
Location: IND
OS: Windows
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 274 times

Re: YSFlight 20170517 Test Version

Post by Scarecrow » Mon May 22, 2017 5:27 am

Kujo wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 6:43 pm
I'm a little pissed off. In my opinion, this is the worst test version released that I've ever seen :x
If the program itself can barely operate, how does one expect to even play, much more enjoy the game?

I 100% agree - this test version is trash. CaptainYS needs to focus on what really matters - fixing this disaster of a program into a at least usable platform. But hey, what's new?

The fact that YSFlight is running on crap-frames on high-end computers is atrocious.

"si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes"

Image

User avatar
u2fly
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1168
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:27 am
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya
Location: Ukraine
OS: Linux
Has thanked: 648 times
Been thanked: 263 times
Contact:

Re: YSFlight 20170517 Test Version

Post by u2fly » Mon May 22, 2017 11:51 am

Swift wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 4:02 am
u2fly wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 3:17 am
Cloud detalisation drop FPS if aircraft near them
That would be a side effect of the fact that clouds are a huge number of particles jumbled together rather than a single procedural texture like in MSFS.
Think, need propose Soji add possibility to change resolutuion (number of particles per cloud) throw "Option --> Config -->Graphics" menu for "Solid Cloud" by adding option "Vertexes per Cloud" (diapasone 10 - 1000).
/!\ READ YSFLIGHT HANDBOOK (.PDF) | updated 2017/05/03

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:
“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost - we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”
http://pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV
(31 DEC 2016)

User avatar
Vic Viper
Staff
Staff
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:01 pm
Favorite Aircraft: F-22A Raptor
Location: -9° 59' 6.90", -138° 49' 35.51
OS: Fail10PremiumEdition
Has thanked: 278 times
Been thanked: 178 times
Contact:

Re: YSFlight 20170517 Test Version

Post by Vic Viper » Mon May 22, 2017 1:00 pm

I believe everyone here would be happy with the graphics in 2012 YSFlight. All we want from Soji is gameplay improvements, including reducing network latency. :x

With further testing on my hardware, I see that YS isn't really using more resources than normal. Instead of scaling resource use according to someone's available hardware, he's trying cram all the graphical changes in the same package as before. This is just stressing the game "engine" (It's not a traditional game engine but I digress) and causing this bad performance.

It would be MUCH MUCH wiser to expand the graphics setting in game so you can more easily turn on/off these effects, and/or replace them with older ones. If someone wants to run more intense graphics, then let the game consume more resources. I'm sure it would do well with 2 gigs of ram instead of 480mb, and 2 or 4 cpu threads instead of one. If people don't have those resources, then they can shut the effects off.
Image
VFA-49 FORUM

"If you don't know who I am...then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly."

User avatar
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1002
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:49 pm
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
OS: Windows 10/Gentoo
Has thanked: 268 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: YSFlight 20170517 Test Version

Post by Barr » Mon May 22, 2017 2:56 pm

If soji where to implement mutlicore/thread support wouldn't it require a whole rewrite?
Flake pls respond
Image
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.

User avatar
Vic Viper
Staff
Staff
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:01 pm
Favorite Aircraft: F-22A Raptor
Location: -9° 59' 6.90", -138° 49' 35.51
OS: Fail10PremiumEdition
Has thanked: 278 times
Been thanked: 178 times
Contact:

Re: YSFlight 20170517 Test Version

Post by Vic Viper » Mon May 22, 2017 3:17 pm

He's already rewriting a lot of things to support the new graphic API's (open gl and Vulkan) Is anyone in this community really slaved to a single core system? I'll be shocked if even one of you is.
Image
VFA-49 FORUM

"If you don't know who I am...then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly."

User avatar
Swift
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 777
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:51 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Mig-41 Firefly, Mig-21, F/A-53A Foxtrot
Location: The Mün
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 287 times
Contact:

Re: YSFlight 20170517 Test Version

Post by Swift » Mon May 22, 2017 5:02 pm

Vic Viper wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 1:00 pm
I believe everyone here would be happy with the graphics in 2012 YSFlight. All we want from Soji is gameplay improvements, including reducing network latency. :x

With further testing on my hardware, I see that YS isn't really using more resources than normal. Instead of scaling resource use according to someone's available hardware, he's trying cram all the graphical changes in the same package as before. This is just stressing the game "engine" (It's not a traditional game engine but I digress) and causing this bad performance.

It would be MUCH MUCH wiser to expand the graphics setting in game so you can more easily turn on/off these effects, and/or replace them with older ones. If someone wants to run more intense graphics, then let the game consume more resources. I'm sure it would do well with 2 gigs of ram instead of 480mb, and 2 or 4 cpu threads instead of one. If people don't have those resources, then they can shut the effects off.

That would honestly help a lot since even the lowest end systems within maybe 7-8 years have at least a dual core and at least 2gb of RAM, Having a game that bottlenecks itself based off the performance of early 2000's era computers will eventually cause more harm to those with modern low end machines. Being able to more than double your processing power (since YS has shown to be CPU bound) would more than make up for the recent updates in graphics, might even be able to make those clouds of lag a little less of a problem too.
Image

User avatar
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1002
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:49 pm
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
OS: Windows 10/Gentoo
Has thanked: 268 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: YSFlight 20170517 Test Version

Post by Barr » Tue May 23, 2017 1:45 am

Dont know why but its started crashing frequently.

Also wont connect to pats civav server. crashes once logged onto vfa-49 server


And damn what a HUGE fps drop from flying around the TFans CMI with the NCA 757. A steady 12 when over land and 19s when over seas. Compared to 40-50 while over seas to 30fps while over land
Attachments
Screenshot (24).png
Image
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.

User avatar
flyer17
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:38 pm
Favorite Aircraft: boeing 787 dreamliner
Location: probably no where
OS: windows 7
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 198 times
Contact:

Re: YSFlight 20170517 Test Version

Post by flyer17 » Tue May 23, 2017 6:48 pm

i havent any problem, inclusive with my golden airliner, that has the landing gears too much down
Image

User avatar
Swift
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 777
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:51 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Mig-41 Firefly, Mig-21, F/A-53A Foxtrot
Location: The Mün
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 287 times
Contact:

Re: YSFlight 20170517 Test Version

Post by Swift » Tue May 23, 2017 7:40 pm

flyer17 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 6:48 pm
i havent any problem, inclusive with my golden airliner, that has the landing gears too much down
That's either a DNM issue or a DAT issue, that has nothing to do with this.
Image

User avatar
flyer17
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:38 pm
Favorite Aircraft: boeing 787 dreamliner
Location: probably no where
OS: windows 7
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 198 times
Contact:

Re: YSFlight 20170517 Test Version

Post by flyer17 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:41 pm

Swift wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 7:40 pm
flyer17 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 6:48 pm
i havent any problem, inclusive with my golden airliner, that has the landing gears too much down
That's either a DNM issue or a DAT issue, that has nothing to do with this.
oh, the sojis aircrafts are wrong?
Image

User avatar
Kujo
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 989
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:28 am
Favorite Aircraft: Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon
Location: Las Vegas, NV
OS: Windows 8.1 - 64 Bit
Has thanked: 772 times
Been thanked: 710 times
Contact:

Re: YSFlight 20170517 Test Version

Post by Kujo » Tue May 23, 2017 7:45 pm

flyer17 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 7:41 pm
Swift wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 7:40 pm
flyer17 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 6:48 pm
i havent any problem, inclusive with my golden airliner, that has the landing gears too much down
That's either a DNM issue or a DAT issue, that has nothing to do with this.
oh, the sojis aircrafts are wrong?
Image

Flyer. I'm sorry, but I think it's for the best if you just sit this one out and observe the discussion. What we're talking about is 2017 YS as a whole, not just aircraft, not just scenery, not just one thing. It's all messed up at this point. :?
Image

User avatar
Flake
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4223
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:47 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Honda CBR1000RR (2004).
Location: Australia
OS: Windows 10 (x64)
Has thanked: 795 times
Been thanked: 1116 times
Contact:

Re: YSFlight 20170517 Test Version

Post by Flake » Tue May 23, 2017 9:27 pm

Kujo wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 7:45 pm
I think it's for the best if you just sit this one out and observe the discussion.
Hate to agree but when you're right you're right.

This is a long going discussion that's been on for 5 years now, without prior knowledge you might be a bit (a lot) in the dark about half of it.

Just read along and get the gist for now, I think we're diverging...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest