Is it possible to incorporate the maps of others in the making of your own map?

Questions, comments, concerns, & fixes
ZyreaxGaming_YT
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: mc-21 (Commercial), A-7 (Military), Co50 (Private)

Is it possible to incorporate the maps of others in the making of your own map?

Post by ZyreaxGaming_YT »

Hey all,
I was wondering if it is possible to import a map/field into a map that you're working on, with the permission of the person who made what you want to incorporate? I'd really appreciate that this question be answered, as I need to get a map done within the next week or two.
Much thanks,
Zy
Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction. ~ John F. Kennedy
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Re: Is it possible to incorporate the maps of others in the making of your own map?

Post by Turbofan »

You pretty much answered your own question. Like you said, as long as you have the permission of the creator whose map you want to import into your scenery (and of course you give credit to the map maker).
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Re: Is it possible to incorporate the maps of others in the making of your own map?

Post by Neocon »

For example, I used Styk's Arizona map along with my southern Nevada and Valley of the Gods maps to make Arizona 2014.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

All you do is import Scenery, which if I am not mistaken allows you to import FLD... ;)
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
ZyreaxGaming_YT
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: mc-21 (Commercial), A-7 (Military), Co50 (Private)

Post by ZyreaxGaming_YT »

Alright, thanks a lot!
Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction. ~ John F. Kennedy
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

But be careful.Make sure that your edition of scenery maker is compatible with the scenery you are trying to import.Some are not.And by all means backup your original scenery before you try.
Image[/align=centre]
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Barr »

Gunny wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:58 pm But be careful.Make sure that your edition of scenery maker is compatible with the scenery you are trying to import.Some are not.And by all means backup your original scenery before you try.
This.

New maps cannot be imported into older versions of scenery editor. Well you can but youll need to remove any unsupported lines in the fld in notepad. Old maps can be imported into new version of sceedit but you wont be able to use them in older versions, unless you edit the fld in note pad

And if you plan on mushing multple maps together, edit and work on each map individually especially if there are alot of grids, elements and ground objects. Importing them all together should be the last step.
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.