M.A.C Updates

Personal work in progress topics go here
tigershark
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: uk & germany fighter

Re: M.A.C Updates

Post by tigershark »

some how this 241 map does not work on my 2012 ysflight .is that the test version or full verson
Kilo 11
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Supermarine Spitfire

Post by Kilo 11 »

Doesn't work for me either.
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE »

With some of the new features included, I'm assuming it will only work for the 2013 versions and onwards. The 2012 version may not understand the ground to air mission or transfer of vehicles in this map.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer
mh3w
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: Lockheed Constellation

Post by mh3w »

tigershark wrote:some how this 241 map does not work on my 2012 ysflight .is that the test version or full verson
The problem could be that I used the 2013 test version of the scenery editor to update this map. After saving it once with the new editor, it wouldn't open in the older one. I also tested the map using the new test version of YS. I assumed that the test version and the last stable version weren't that far off, I must have been wrong. I'm not sure if there is a way to convert the map into one that it compatible with 2012 ys without loosing features, I will try to find out.

Also, is there a way to convert a map edited with the 2013 test version of the scenery editor back into a file that the older scenery editor can open? I find that like the older one a lot more, almost everything about it is better.
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE »

Even if you were to be able to make the map compatible with the 2012 version of YS Flight, you would still encounter errors when starting the map or having anything to do with the new features since some of them are not programmed in the 2012 version. The new scenery editor and test version of YS are like a big upgrade to the entire system but neither will really work the other way around. If there is a way to convert the map to 2012 to just be editable in the old scenery editor, I think you would still have a lot of problems but it may be possible once some new things are removed.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

I have been doing a lot of modifications to a few small A/C and the West Virginia map using the old DNM viewer and 2012 S.E. but test flying on the latest 2013 platform both D3D and OpenGL.And have not noticed to many errors popping up.But on the other hand I have not used the new S.E. or there new features so I have to agree that compatibility issues may crop up as we transition to the new software.I have also flown Mathews new 241st and have had no issues at all using the new test software and the FPM where vary respectable.
Image[/align=centre]
mh3w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mh3w »

Over the past couple of days I've been trying to figure out how to get my maps to work on the 2012 version of ys after working on them in the new scenery editor. Now that there is a new 2013 stable version, I will focus on making them compatible with only that version. Please let me know if I'm wrong but I'm assuming that everyone will upgrade.

I also took a look at the YSU Addon challenge and its tempting. If I have any ideas I will let you know.
iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM

Post by iqmal_97 »

I've been having a treat flying around the 241st map. It's working fine in the current 2013 stable version. Good job!
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)
mh3w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mh3w »

Getting closer to the release of my main map pack. At this rate, I'm aiming towards a September 15th - 20th release.

Recently I've been updating the ground objects in the Chicago map. I've used the unshadow perl script on nearly everything and I've remade a couple Chicago landmarks. In the Runway City map and others with lots of controllable vehicles, I've created some simple signs that help drivers find airports.

New Sears (Willis) Tower with more realistic scale, colors and design.
Old Navy Pier Ferris wheel w/ wrong scale and direction.
New Ferris wheel.
[Runway City] Very simple road signs that help drivers find airports.
Chaos City has a new bridge.
Chaos City's raised bridges now have a curved invisible deck that simulate a stunt jump.
Vic Viper
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: de Havilland Mosquito

Post by Vic Viper »

I've always loved Chaos City Matt, keep up the good work. Can't wait :D
VFA-49 FORUM

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg...and my arm...even my fingers. The body I've lost...the comrades I've lost...won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you? I'm going to make them give back our past"
mh3w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mh3w »

I believe that there are some aircraft in YS that just can't properly fly an air route. In the Chaos City map I created an air route and assigned it to the stock diamond eclipse. The plane flew the route perfectly until it reached its destination where it repeatedly landed a few thousand feet past the touchdown zone. I spent many hours modifying the route and the map before I decided to try testing the route with another airplane. With the stock Piper Archer, everything worked perfectly. I'm guessing that not all aircraft are compatible with the traffic system.

Besides that, I have a few other updates.
The original Ft. George Intl airport in the Chaos City map was a mess so I had to renovate it. Now it can support air traffic.

I created a new police HQ for Chaos City. Like in GTA you will find an attack helicopter on the roof.

I've placed a new human colony in my Red Planet Map. I have also updated the palette to make the map look more like mars.
I plan to do more with Red Planet because I love sci-fi and I want it to be like a playground for all the odd space ad-ons
YSFHQ
Staff Chief
Staff Chief
Favorite Aircraft: All of them.

Post by YSFHQ »

giggidy.
YSFlight Headquarters
Administrative / Official Account
mh3w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mh3w »

Its been over a month since my last post. In that time I've made a lot of upgrades and corrections to my primary scenery pack. I will post details about those updates later, some of them are still in-progress.

I am also preparing a series of short videos to advertise my maps and their features. 'Demeteron One' is the first in the series, Its available now on YouTube. New ETA for the scenery release is November 3rd or sooner.

[font=Arial]Click to watch DEMETERON ONE[/font]
Eric
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Super Hornet

Post by Eric »

Those sounds... :shock:
Can't wait for the release.
I make this website.
Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Anything that gets off the ground

Post by Honey Badger »

Were those sounds in-game?
Gunny
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

Great stuff but I think your ride needs a bit of break work from the sounds of it. ;)
Image[/align=centre]
mh3w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mh3w »

Honey Badger wrote:Were those sounds in-game?
No, I borrowed the sounds from freesound.org and some movies.
ysmajor
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Curtiss P-40B Warhawk

Post by ysmajor »

Awesome stuff mh3w!

Your maps have always been an inspiration for me, and Red Planet is one of a kind!
Will be awesome to see the updates!
mh3w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mh3w »

As you may have guessed, the M.A.C Pack is slightly behind schedule. That is mostly because I have a new job. I've also recently moved and somewhat forgot exactly where I left off. I am now back on track to getting everything finalized. The sceneries are practically done, I am thoroughly checking for bugs and making small changes. I estimate that I am about 20 solid hours away from releasing this update. With my new job its been difficult to string that much time together but its not impossible. I will post more updates in the next few days.

Speaking of my job, I have some digital coupons for a friends and family event this weekend. They are for 40% off at the Gap this Nov 7th - 11th. If you want one I can email it to you, or PM for more info. Also if you live near Chicago it would be awesome if you could redeem your discount at the Michigan Ave store ;). I'm not sure if I am advertising too much, I'm sure the mods will let me know if i am haha :lol:.

The following images are from Chaos City
New racetrack called the Ft. George Speedway

More detail in the docks

Added detail around Ft. George Airport

Lahso markings

decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 »

looking good! Do you have all of those runway hold markers pre-made for runway widths, or do you have something that you can scale to the right value?
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database