M.A.C Updates

Personal work in progress topics go here
mh3w
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: Lockheed Constellation

M.A.C Updates

Post by mh3w »

There are quite a few new things in store from M.A.C. for YSFLIGHT this year.

My pack is currently not up to date with the new features in YSFLIGHT. One of the first things i will work on is upgrading my existing aircraft mods. After that i will work on some of my maps. The Chicago map is high on that list. Now that i have an understanding of how IFR flight works, i will improve the navigation between airports.

I'm also currently writing the script for a new movie project. It will be an air combat story inspired by recent political events. More details on this coming soon.

The changes that you will likely see first will be the makeover of my website. I plan to make use of programs like Dreamweaver and flash to give my site more character.

I will be back to post updates as soon as i make any progress.
Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Su-35

Re: M.A.C Updates

Post by Shiny Rice »

Can't wait for them. :D
CO of the 57th Cloud Rippers
"We rip those clouds apart so you can see the sun!"
Now 100% more decomissioned!
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

I don't think the F-16 is that slutty.

The Hornet on the other hand... Well... Just look at the size of the tail hook on that thing.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
GimiGlider
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: COMAC ARJ-21

Post by GimiGlider »

mh3w wrote:There are quite a few new things in store from M.A.C. for YSFLIGHT this year.

My pack is currently not up to date with the new features in YSFLIGHT. One of the first things i will work on is upgrading my existing aircraft mods. After that i will work on some of my maps. The Chicago map is high on that list. Now that i have an understanding of how IFR flight works, i will improve the navigation between airports.

I'm also currently writing the script for a new movie project. It will be an air combat story inspired by recent political events. More details on this coming soon.

The changes that you will likely see first will be the makeover of my website. I plan to make use of programs like Dreamweaver and flash to give my site more character.

I and bernholm are currently making a movie too!
bernholm
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: 777-9X

Post by bernholm »

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :!:
GimiGlider
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: COMAC ARJ-21

Post by GimiGlider »

well, as long as I don't say the name, it's ok.
bernholm
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: 777-9X

Post by bernholm »

Go onto the doc.
mh3w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mh3w »

mh3w wrote:There are quite a few new things in store from M.A.C. for YSFLIGHT this year.

It's been over a year and six months since I posted this and I still haven't gotten anything done, I'm embarrassed :oops:
Now that I'm out of school and on a network that doesn't block Mediafire, i should be able to get some work done finally. Hopefully this is my last case of YS amnesia for awhile.

Updating my addon packs is still a priority, but the movie project and website overhaul are currently on the shelf. Right now I'm spending time playing through ysflight and testing out the new features. I intend to take full advantage of the new features like vehicle switching, ramps, refueling and etc. I also like the idea of missions that require using these features. As i make progress i will post here.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Good to see you again Mh3w. :)

Did you know YSF has it's own hosting service? Check out YSUpload, much better then mediafire, as addons don't disappear with age. ;)
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan »

Hey mh3w,

welcome back! Nice to see you again, I still have your maps, Chicago and Runway City. That last one was and still is one of the most unique maps for YSFS ever developed. Although the Chicago/Midwest map is a lot of fun as well.

I look forward to the updates. :)
mh3w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mh3w »

Thanks, i will put host my new addons with this service.

Last night I started updating the Porlamar map. Since it was a very recent map I figured it would be easiest to update. The first glitch I found was that vehicles fall straight through the cracks between bridge sections. Instead of realigning the objects, I slightly increased the length of the decks to save time.

I also modernized my experimental carrier. The ramp previously had no collision and planes could fly straight through it. Now its fully functional.

The hangars on the main runway already had resupply ability, now there are a few trucks on the tarmac as well.

I will post more soon.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

And this is why we love you. You just got back and you are already doing some really neat stuff.
Nath
Penguin Airways VA
Penguin Airways VA
Favorite Aircraft: Panavia Tornado GR4

Post by Nath »

Those are pretty damn neat.
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 »

dang this will be fun to play with when you finish up! :D

Is that bridge a ground object, or is it also an elevation grid fo rthe vertical parts?
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
mh3w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mh3w »

Since a lot of my maps have urban environments and highways, I've decided to make my own playable ground object car. I went with this 4-door hatchback style vehicle because I wanted to make it very common and practical. I also made it as low in detail as I could without it being hideous, its currently about 60 kb, around the same size as Soji's Jeep. When I release this file it will be free for anyone to modify however they want.

I'm still working on the .dat file. I want it to have a max speed around 110 without an unrealistic acceleration rate. I also want it to comfortably cruise at 65 mph. Not sure how realistic all of that is though.

Last edited by mh3w on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 »

I'm going to need a new computer to run all of this awesomeness :D
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
mh3w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mh3w »

A few updates to the map pack.

I have been using perl scripts to unshadow ground objects. The result produces a smaller sized and better looking file. Hopefully that will mean higher frame rates.

I used to think it was a good idea to use 3 instead of 5 sides on RWC coarse building files. I have since fixed this. The buildings will now continue to look normal at a distance.

I created a parking garage using three unique sections. There is a ground section, mid section and roof. The mid section can be stacked many times. I used as few polygons on this garage as possible to maintain frame rates. The garage has a bridge that leads to the elevated terminal and runway.

There is a new bridge leading to the RWC suburb area. There was previously just a thick line over the water bridging the two islands.

I redesigned the RWC suburb area to look slightly more realistic. Users can start in the suburb and drive into the city.
Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Su-35

Post by Shiny Rice »

I love seeing how my all-time favourite YS map is getting improved. Can you actually drive in the garage?
CO of the 57th Cloud Rippers
"We rip those clouds apart so you can see the sun!"
Now 100% more decomissioned!
mh3w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mh3w »

Thanks, yes you can drive in the garage. I will put this garage in a few other maps too.
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE »

Is there gonna be a place where you can switch into an aircraft?
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer