Alpha's Hangar

Personal work in progress topics go here
Phoenix
Legend
Legend
Favorite Aircraft: Sr-71

Re: Alpha's Hangar

Post by Phoenix »

personaly I think the full thing, if you are gonna do a sub, it may as well go in 3D
Alpha Star
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: One of them

Post by Alpha Star »

I started this, still some text to do.
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for my signature, I can tell you I don't have one. But what I do have are a very particular lack of skills, skills I have imagined having over a very long career. Skills that make me are completely useless in any situation. If you stop reading now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't stop reading, I will look for you, I will probably not find you, and I will kill your refrigerator.
iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM

Post by iqmal_97 »

:shock: WOw! Is it in centennial paint scheme? That's looking gorgeous.

EDIT: Found it!
http://telstarlogistics.typepad.com/tel ... ro-in.html
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)
Alpha Star
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by Alpha Star »

Thats what im working from.
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for my signature, I can tell you I don't have one. But what I do have are a very particular lack of skills, skills I have imagined having over a very long career. Skills that make me are completely useless in any situation. If you stop reading now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't stop reading, I will look for you, I will probably not find you, and I will kill your refrigerator.
Iceman
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Viper

Post by Iceman »

What's good with those Sabres? Come on man, I was really looking forward to those.
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Homie I'll SQL YOUR syntax
Alpha Star
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by Alpha Star »

I thought I had sent them. Ill send them again. Sorry.
Alpha Star
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by Alpha Star »

E-fair Virtual Airlines Newest WIP! Alot of work still needed

Crazypilot
Honorary Contributor
Honorary Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Cheese

Post by Crazypilot »

Awesome work there.
Alpha Star
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by Alpha Star »

I have decided that I am bringing my airline back now. Here is the fist aircraft.
tigershark
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: uk & germany fighter

Post by tigershark »

Alpha Star wrote:E-fair Virtual Airlines Newest WIP! Alot of work still needed

yea this is you first aircraft repainted of your va not the little buzzing jet liner
Alpha Star
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by Alpha Star »

That was on my old PC and that died and I did not get it off the hard-drive so I started again. This is better though!
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

Ya gonna redo the old Lear jet ?
Image[/align=centre]
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE »

I really am liking the paint job! It looks newage ;)
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer
vandal
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Tornado GR4

Post by vandal »

Alpha Star wrote:That was on my old PC and that died and I did not get it off the hard-drive so I started again. This is better though!
Looking good, but one tip if I may. I notice that the logo on the tail is floating quite a bit. You're using Blender I see, have you shrink wrapped the logo yet? If not you should it makes it hug the body better. If you're not sure how just ask and I'll write up step by step.

A personal preference, I try and get any decals about 0.005 - 0.01 odd the surface I am wrapping them to.
Awesome 171st pilot
A member from yesteryear!
Also known as Princess Vandel
Alpha Star
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by Alpha Star »

@Gunny My aim is to repaint everything on this topic again that I have not released.
@Vandal I know, I've not shrink wrapped it yet. Its been a while since I last used blender. Where exactly do I go for that.
vandal
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Tornado GR4

Post by vandal »

Ok so...
1: Click on the part you want the decal shrink wrapped to. So in this case the tail.
2: Down the bottom, you'll see a box called "Link and Materials". and in the OB box you'll have a 4 digit number. Remember this number.*
3: Now click on the decal.
4: Move it as close to the body as you can without any of it disappearing.
5: At the bottom click on the drop down menu in the "Modifiers" box. And select "Shrink-wrap".
6: In the OB box, type the OB number of the tail. It will now shrink wrap to the tail. More than likely some of it missing etc.
7: change the offset to 0.005 or 0.01
8: If you still have bits missing, you need to make cuts in the decal along the "creases" of the tail. I always find it best to go into wire view and then cut along the black lines that show on the tail section and see how it looks. if that goes all tits up, try starting again at step 3 but move/resize the decal so it fits on a more 'flat' surface.

*If you import the model from YSFlight then OB: will be a number. If it's something you've made yourself then it could be named something else, I find taht it's either object, plane or a address to the file in my folders. Just click on it and change the name to random 4 numbers to make it easier later.

OH, also, if the decal over laps to the rudder, you'll want the decal to move with it. it gets a little tricky, so you'll need to cut the decal along the line it overlaps to the rudder. then seperate the two parts of the decal, shrink wrap them. Connect the decal on the moving part to the moving part it's self by selecting the moving decal, while holding Shirt select the moving part then Crtl+J

Hope it helps....
Awesome 171st pilot
A member from yesteryear!
Also known as Princess Vandel
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 »

Take a look at the videos linked in my signature. I cover wrapping decals and considering rudder animations in one of my older videos (blender tutorial 9 or 10 or so)
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
Alpha Star
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by Alpha Star »

I am finally getting the gliders back into YSF. This is the DUODISCUS glider. It is a two seater, but the other person in that pic has gone...
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

Sort your transparent SRFs to the end of the dnm tree to avoid that problem.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Anything that gets off the ground

Post by Honey Badger »

I remember doing an E-fair check-out flight at HNL shortly before they went inactive...nice to see you guys try and make a comeback.