Gunny's 1st construction Battalion.

Personal work in progress topics go here
User avatar
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Posts: 3224
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:17 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.
Location: New Iberia.LA.
OS: Windows XP SP3
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 733 times

Gunny's 1st construction Battalion.

Post by Gunny » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:07 pm

I took Vandal's advice and started my own thread.
Starting out with updates to KADK aka PADQ for live atc.
Pretty self explanatory I think.This is just the Kodiak island area civil and USCG.I still need to add more detail to coast lines and the base proper some more lights taxi lines I cant do a decent arc to save my ass with my arthritis.I welcome suggestion if you see something that could be improved or helpfully.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Shutter

Re: Gunny's 1st construction Battalion.

Post by Shutter » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:42 pm

mmmmmm that parking looks awesome

Iceman
Core Staff
Core Staff
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:47 am
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Viper
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 139 times

Re: Gunny's 1st construction Battalion.

Post by Iceman » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:44 pm

Yeah..wow.

Everyone's got a cool hobby..this is Gunny's
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Homie I'll SQL YOUR syntax

User avatar
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Posts: 3224
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:17 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.
Location: New Iberia.LA.
OS: Windows XP SP3
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 733 times

Re: Gunny's 1st construction Battalion.

Post by Gunny » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:06 pm

Well since I am no good at building aircraft I have to do something to contribute to the community so this is it. :)

User avatar
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Posts: 3224
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:17 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.
Location: New Iberia.LA.
OS: Windows XP SP3
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 733 times

Re: Gunny's 1st construction Battalion.

Post by Gunny » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:29 am

Got maybe half of the coastline covered with gradiants for blending water to shoreline jeez theres got to be like 10,000 miles of coast so there are going to be some long SARs going on. Its 460+/- nm from Kodiak to Cold Bay the closet of the 2 bases and like 690 to St.Paul island.
You will probably not use this on a server but will be good for resident flying and training.
I have put a hunting camp RW in for you to search for on a rescue mission but you will need to refere to your map to find it as there are no VORs or NBDs for nav aids and there are no such thing as EPERBs in Ys.
So make sure your navigator is up to snuff and current.
I am also going to try to add more weather like snow and rain to make things more interesting for you.The wind directions and speeds will of course be up to you to define.
I also made the sky color vary close to the sea color because in the real world when flying over water that is often the case and cause of many air loses.
When I finally publish this on YSFHQ you will of course be able to edit it to fit your own needs and requirments,maybe you want to trim it down so it will work as a server scenery please feel free to do so.
But if you do re-publish it just mention me as the originator as all residuals will go into my swiss account in Zurich. :lol:
Image
Image
Image
Image

Iceman
Core Staff
Core Staff
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:47 am
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Viper
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 139 times

Re: Gunny's 1st construction Battalion.

Post by Iceman » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:08 am

Wow...that's a lot of stuff.
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Homie I'll SQL YOUR syntax

CharleyHotel

Re: Gunny's 1st construction Battalion.

Post by CharleyHotel » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:18 am

Gunny wrote: You will probably not use this on a server but will be good for resident flying and training.
I have put a hunting camp RW in for you to search for on a rescue mission but you will need to refere to your map to find it as there are no VORs or NBDs for nav aids and there are no such thing as EPERBs in Ys.
So make sure your navigator is up to snuff and current.
I am also going to try to add more weather like snow and rain to make things more interesting for you.The wind directions and speeds will of course be up to you to define.
I also made the sky color vary close to the sea color because in the real world when flying over water that is often the case and cause of many air loses.
:o Goddamn, Gunny! This is gonna be tricky but a joy to fly on!

The YSCG salutes you :D

Iceman
Core Staff
Core Staff
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:47 am
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Viper
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 139 times

Re: Gunny's 1st construction Battalion.

Post by Iceman » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:35 am

you should make a little person ground object.

Have a few of them with different colors running around areas of the map using motion paths. One fun CG mission would be to locate and "rescue" that person. One person tracks and navigates through observer, and one person flies and operates the chopper. Each different color person would be a different person to rescue.
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Homie I'll SQL YOUR syntax

User avatar
TB1
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 868
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:51 am
Favorite Aircraft: 202 SQ RAF Sea King
Location: VATSIM.
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 16 times
Contact:

Re: Gunny's 1st construction Battalion.

Post by TB1 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:02 am

Iceman wrote:you should make a little person ground object.

Have a few of them with different colors running around areas of the map using motion paths. One fun CG mission would be to locate and "rescue" that person. One person tracks and navigates through observer, and one person flies and operates the chopper. Each different color person would be a different person to rescue.
i'll second that
Image

[tb1]123[/tb1]

User avatar
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Posts: 3224
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:17 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.
Location: New Iberia.LA.
OS: Windows XP SP3
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 733 times

Re: Gunny's 1st construction Battalion.

Post by Gunny » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:20 pm

I will seriously take this under advisement but I need to take a couple of days off my hands are bothering me at the moment don't get old guys. ;)
Also When I stated that there where no Nav. aids I meant for the rescue mission not for the scenery over all.
All normal Nav. aids will be in place for site to site.
But in order for your native VOR DMEs to read properly you will have to bump up there dats to read at least 1,500 kilometers.
I have not altered any ILSs for distance or DME capables but it is possable to do that if you wish.
Oh yea heres a heads up guys KZS,TF58 and PNLV with stock ground objects will be in play so go get em if you dont already have them.

User avatar
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Posts: 3224
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:17 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.
Location: New Iberia.LA.
OS: Windows XP SP3
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 733 times

Re: Gunny's 1st construction Battalion.

Post by Gunny » Fri May 06, 2011 6:08 am

Its about time for an update here are two more fields I am adding to project Kodiak.
There both in Anchorage north of Kodiak by some 400 miles.
Stevens and Merrill fields.Merrill is just below south of Elmendorf AFB and that will be included as well it will be Danny's version with some alterations.
Merrill still has to be rotated to its proper headings.
Image
Image

Iceman
Core Staff
Core Staff
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:47 am
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Viper
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 139 times

Re: Gunny's 1st construction Battalion.

Post by Iceman » Fri May 06, 2011 1:40 pm

I think the water is too bright.

But HOLY FK THE AIRPORT!
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Homie I'll SQL YOUR syntax

User avatar
SvenPhantom
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:07 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Unspecified
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Gunny's 1st construction Battalion.

Post by SvenPhantom » Fri May 06, 2011 2:00 pm

It is a lovely blue but too bright...



Dat Airport...
Image
Image
If God had wanted the army to fly, he would have made the sky brown.
If God meant man to fly, He'd have given us bigger wallets.
If God had meant for men to fly he would have made their bones hollow and not their heads.

User avatar
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Posts: 3224
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:17 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.
Location: New Iberia.LA.
OS: Windows XP SP3
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 733 times

Re: Gunny's 1st construction Battalion.

Post by Gunny » Fri May 06, 2011 3:55 pm

The water is only temporary except for the anphib lake Hood remember its still a wip still got mucho grandee to do. :)

User avatar
Phoenix
Legend
Legend
Posts: 3153
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:54 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Sr-71
Location: On that golden road to Samarkand.
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Gunny's 1st construction Battalion.

Post by Phoenix » Fri May 06, 2011 3:57 pm

:o
how the?..but!...

Iceman
Core Staff
Core Staff
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:47 am
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Viper
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 139 times

Re: Gunny's 1st construction Battalion.

Post by Iceman » Fri May 06, 2011 6:34 pm

Image

Respect his gangster.
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Homie I'll SQL YOUR syntax

User avatar
Talon
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 12:14 am
Favorite Aircraft: Hornets! Duh.
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Gunny's 1st construction Battalion.

Post by Talon » Fri May 06, 2011 9:37 pm

Damn nice looking airport area.
Image

User avatar
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Posts: 3224
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:17 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.
Location: New Iberia.LA.
OS: Windows XP SP3
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 733 times

Re: Gunny's 1st construction Battalion.

Post by Gunny » Fri May 13, 2011 6:23 am

Sorry guys no visual update to post just noting I am working alternately between project Kodiak and the W.V. scenery's for VNAFs project.I will post the W.V.scenerys On VNAFs thread to keep things orderly.

User avatar
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Posts: 3224
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:17 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.
Location: New Iberia.LA.
OS: Windows XP SP3
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 733 times

Re: Gunny's 1st construction Battalion.

Post by Gunny » Sat May 14, 2011 5:52 am

The simple but unfortunate fact is the more complex the scenery is the more lag you will incur.So it ends up being how much lag is acceptable for what your scenery is to be used for.And how much detail can be inserted.
If your map is for servers the detail has to be sacrificed for frame rate and so it goes.But also if your server is military you will need all the frame rate you can get. But civilian servers can afford a little more detail because unless you specialize in aerobatic teams airliners and general aviation for the most part fly set courses with little deviation.
I think most scenery makers would be pleased if a server wanted to adopt there scenery it would be like a public affirmation of there work.
But for me I am just happy to make what pleases me I hate flying over a dull flat plain unless it is water for obvious reasons and if that means a frame rate of only 13 so be it as long as the plain flys thats all i care about.
And when I post them and someone uses it on there computer that is my reward for someone other than me enjoying seeing mountains clouds stars seeing another plane passing in the distance there lights blinking in a star filled sky.I miss that in real life and I try to capture that in Ys the best I can.
Airport in sight.

Iceman
Core Staff
Core Staff
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:47 am
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Viper
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 139 times

Re: Gunny's 1st construction Battalion.

Post by Iceman » Sat May 14, 2011 5:57 pm

Gunny wrote:The simple but unfortunate fact is the more complex the scenery is the more lag you will incur.So it ends up being how much lag is acceptable for what your scenery is to be used for.And how much detail can be inserted.
If your map is for servers the detail has to be sacrificed for frame rate and so it goes.But also if your server is military you will need all the frame rate you can get. But civilian servers can afford a little more detail because unless you specialize in aerobatic teams airliners and general aviation for the most part fly set courses with little deviation.
I think most scenery makers would be pleased if a server wanted to adopt there scenery it would be like a public affirmation of there work.
But for me I am just happy to make what pleases me I hate flying over a dull flat plain unless it is water for obvious reasons and if that means a frame rate of only 13 so be it as long as the plain flys thats all i care about.
And when I post them and someone uses it on there computer that is my reward for someone other than me enjoying seeing mountains clouds stars seeing another plane passing in the distance there lights blinking in a star filled sky.I miss that in real life and I try to capture that in Ys the best I can.
Airport in sight.
Image
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Homie I'll SQL YOUR syntax

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests