Page 1 of 1

Snake6's Workshop

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:19 pm
by Snake6
Pakfa.png
T-50 PAK FA, Russian Air Force livery. Bottom side not made yet.
Magyarjak.png
Yak-52 Hungarian Air Force paintscheme with a roundel from the GAC pack. Have to fix some things.
Starwars.png
Su-33 Darth Vader. I'm going to make a line of Star Wars-themed planes. What plane should be the Yoda plane?

Snake6's Workshop

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:31 pm
by ksh
nice work! any of these did u do from scrach?

Snake6's Workshop

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:37 pm
by Snake6
ksh wrote:nice work! any of these did u do from scrach?
The Yak-52, but the HuAF roundel is from the GAC pack. Others are from the GAC pack and Birdfarm.
Scarface.png
GAC Su-35 (early version with canards) in Scarface One's paint scheme. Needs cleanup and Usean Allied Forces roundels.
HypePlane2.png
Very big Ace Combat repaint pack coming soon! All aboard the hype plane! 8-)

Snake6's Workshop

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:20 pm
by Flake
Yoda should be a small nimble plane - perhaps an extra or the a4?

Snake6's Workshop

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:02 am
by dbd000
Will you be doing a NZ livery for the Yak?
For Example:

ZK-YAK
Image

ZK-YNZ
Image

ZK-YAQ
Image

ZK-LIZ
Image

Snake6's Workshop

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:43 am
by Copperhead
A-4. @Flake

Snake6's Workshop

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:42 pm
by Snake6
Usean Allied Forces insignia done! :D
UAF.png
UAF.png (11.61 KiB) Viewed 3756 times
EDIT: Scarface One's Su-35 done! Download it at http://forum.ysfhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=7964

EDIT 2: New plane approaching!
Enforcer.png
F-5 Enforcer! A fictional variant of the F-5 with double rudder, trapezoidal wings, redesigned airframe, and a single thrust-vectoring engine instead the two smaller engines.
Heavily modified stock plane, very WIP.

Snake6's Workshop

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:14 pm
by Snake6
Moar planes approaching.
Upeo.png
CAUTION: The SARF logo on the tail refers to the fictional peacekeeping force in Ace Combat 3, not the squadron on YSFHQ.
UPEO's F/A-18U Hornet ADV from Ace Combat 3. Modified stock plane.
Grdf.png
GRDF's F/A-18I Hornet ADV from AC3. Redesigned the airbrake - it looks better and fits the panel lines. Needs a strut, though.

Download link coming soon.

I'll possibly make more AC3 planes, the R-103 and the R-103C is on my list. 8-)

Snake6's Workshop

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:53 pm
by NightRaven
Interesting stuff.

May I direct your attention to the already existing AC3 pack? There's loads of good stuff in there, but it is due for an update really soon (the F/A-18Is really do need updating) and would include an updated Typhoon II and R-101s.

Oh and I'm making the 33 by the way.

Ace Combat fan? Always welcome here. :)

Snake6's Workshop

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:37 pm
by Snake6
NightRaven wrote:Interesting stuff.

May I direct your attention to the already existing AC3 pack? There's loads of good stuff in there, but it is due for an update really soon (the F/A-18Is really do need updating) and would include an updated Typhoon II and R-101s.

Oh and I'm making the 33 by the way.

Ace Combat fan? Always welcome here. :)
I have alerady downloaded the AC3 pack and that WIP MiG-33 is amazing. I'm waiting for that :D
You can put my F/A-18I and F/A-18U in your next AC3 pack if you want, but give credit.

BTW, did you like the Su-35 Scarface One repaint?

EDIT: Released the ADV Hornets. Get them at
http://forum.ysfhq.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 567#p89567

Snake6's Workshop

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:47 pm
by Snake6
Update!
Antlion.png
Antlion, the airdroppable walking tank from AC3. I also put a turret on it. Will be a ground object soon.

Going to scratch-model a highly detailed R-103.
Started work on the wing. Very WIP now.
Reszletes.png
Some concept planes from there are looking good. I'm going to make some of them in GAC quality, and one or two of them in higher quality.

Snake6's Workshop

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:21 pm
by Snake6
Canceled the HD R-103. Started repainting the R-103 from the AC3 pack (the plane was originally made by DOE) into Cynthia's livery from Ace Combat 3.
Work in progress, only made the white color. I'm going to use AC3's recently discovered secret plane model viewer for reference, 'cause I didn't find any 3-view or detailed diagrams of Cynthia's paintscheme.
cyn.png
My current WIP list is:

Cynthia's R-103 (AC3YS repaint) - very early

Antlion tank (Scratch) - needs DAT, model complete

F-5 Enforcer (heavily modified stock, will be as detailed as my Yak-52) - very early, needs DAT, cleanup, details, weapons, other doohickeys and thingamajigs, animations, etc.

Yak-52 liveries:
Russian Air Force - needs cleanup, then it's good to go. :D
Hungarian Air Force - needs cleanup, then it's good to go. :D
Other liveries (DOSAAF, New Zealand, etc.) - not started yet
I'm going to release them in a Yak-52 pack. :ugeek:

LaGG-3 (Scratch, will be as detailed as my Yak-52) - not started yet, I'll make it in my personal livery from War Thunder too :D

Messerschmitt Me-410 (Scratch, will be as detailed as my Yak-52) - not started yet. I'm currently searching for its details. :roll:

Very large AC pack (GAC repaints) - ISAF, Belka, and Yuktobania complete, needs better alignment of roundels :oops:
AC pack will have planes of these factions: ISAF, Belka, Yuktobania, Osea, Usean Allied Forces, Usean Rebel Forces, Ustio, Emmeria, Estovakia, Erusea. If you have an idea for another faction please PM me.

Russian Su-50 (Birdfarm repaint) - Bottom side not made yet, may need some color correction and more accurate markings, then it's ready for the ultimate showdown with the F-22. :twisted:

Fake ACI Collaboration Event planes (GAC repaints): I'm going to make themed planes in style of ACI's Collaboration Events.
Star Wars-themed planes: Su-33 -Darth Vader-, A-4 -Yoda-, F-22 -Luke Skywalker-, and others.
Other fake collaborations considered: Star Trek and Doctor Who. Other fake collaborations TBA.

Budapest map - Not started yet. I'm planning it as an extremely detailed but not very big map for airshows. It's gonna be fun flying under the famous Chain Bridge. :)
Also, I'll make a night version of it with city lights.

Ground objects for Budapest map (Modified stock objects and scratch made) - Not started yet.

Surprise project - I'm not revealing it now, but it will be awesome.

Snake6's Workshop

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:29 pm
by NightRaven
Snake6 wrote:LaGG-3 (Scratch, will be as detailed as my Yak-52) - not started yet, I'll make it in my personal livery from War Thunder too :D

Messerschmitt Me-410 (Scratch, will be as detailed as my Yak-52) - not started yet. I'm currently searching for its details. :roll:
I'm actually quite appalled at the lack of Soviet WW2 aircraft in YS. I'll probably start on some Yaks after my MiG.

You play War Thunder too? The LaGG series isn't good. :? Яковлев and Поликарпов aircraft are better IMO.
Snake6 wrote:[Surprise project - I'm not revealing it now, but it will be awesome.
hehe

Snake6's Workshop

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:05 am
by Snake6
NightRaven wrote: I'm actually quite appalled at the lack of Soviet WW2 aircraft in YS.
Same here. I find YS's lack of Soviet WW2 aircraft disturbing. :D
NightRaven wrote: You play War Thunder too?
The LaGG series isn't good. :? Яковлев and Поликарпов aircraft are better IMO.
Well, last November I stopped playing WT, and switched back to YS. The LaGG-3-11 was the last fighter I unlocked and I was good at flying it. Яковлев-s were easy to shoot down, but Поликарпов-s were a pain in the ***. :lol:
haz.png
It's gonna be hard to make all these windows on this typical downtown Budapest building. :geek:
Or probably more windows on a bigger building.
The map will be optimized for airshows, and it will have a night version (with city lights and stuff)

Oh, I forgot to add the obscure Cold War Soviet concept planes to the list. Anyway, they are NOT the surprise project.

Snake6's Workshop

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:27 am
by Snake6
Revealing :D ... and cancelling :cry: the surprise project.

I wanted to convert the texture of the AC2 Su-35 into an SRF (with Flake's converter), then "build" a plane out of it. :ugeek:
It was too hard for my computer :oops: (perhaps somebody with an über-workstation can do it.)

No problem, but I learned one thing: the PNG-SRF converter is perfect for making the windows on the buildings.
ablak.png

Snake6's Workshop

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:40 am
by NightRaven
Snake6 wrote:Well, last November I stopped playing WT, and switched back to YS. The LaGG-3-11 was the last fighter I unlocked and I was good at flying it. Яковлев-s were easy to shoot down, but Поликарпов-s were a pain in the ***. :lol:
Admittedly down at Tier 1 the LaGGs would be better, but after Tier 2 and especially Tier 3, Lavochkins would be outright outclassed by the Yaks and the Polikarpovs, especially the Yak-3/9 and I-16 Mark 27.

Back on track,
Snake6 wrote:I wanted to convert the texture of the AC2 Su-35 into an SRF (with Flake's converter), then "build" a plane out of it. :ugeek:
It was too hard for my computer :oops: (perhaps somebody with an über-workstation can do it.)]
I don't think that would work, because the converter only does 2D.
Snake6 wrote:Image
Don't want to be an ego-deflator, but it has already been done: http://forum.ysfhq.com/viewtopic.php?p=82994#p82994
Snake6 wrote:Image
I see that the default lamp and camera has not been removed. I shall then extrapolate to say you have not deleted the default cube as well. This would be a small issue as when you export the whole thing as a dnm, the cube would would be exported as well, so you would get a cube in the middle of the R-103.

Snake6's Workshop

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:01 pm
by Snake6
NightRaven wrote:
Snake6 wrote:Well, last November I stopped playing WT, and switched back to YS. The LaGG-3-11 was the last fighter I unlocked and I was good at flying it. Яковлев-s were easy to shoot down, but Поликарпов-s were a pain in the ***. :lol:
Admittedly down at Tier 1 the LaGGs would be better, but after Tier 2 and especially Tier 3, Lavochkins would be outright outclassed by the Yaks and the Polikarpovs, especially the Yak-3/9 and I-16 Mark 27.
I stuck at Tier 1. :oops:
NightRaven wrote: Back on track,
Snake6 wrote:I wanted to convert the texture of the AC2 Su-35 into an SRF (with Flake's converter), then "build" a plane out of it. :ugeek:
It was too hard for my computer :oops: (perhaps somebody with an über-workstation can do it.)]
I don't think that would work, because the converter only does 2D.
I wanted to "cut" pieces out of the 2D texture converted into the SRF, then "fold" them like a papercraft, then fill the gaps.
NightRaven wrote:
Snake6 wrote:Image
Don't want to be an ego-deflator, but it has already been done: http://forum.ysfhq.com/viewtopic.php?p=82994#p82994
Didn't notice the other one. :lol:
I wanted my one to look more "realistic" (that's why I added the lowpoly GR logo and the turret.)
BTW, Dision's one looks closer to the original.
NightRaven wrote:
Snake6 wrote:Image
I see that the default lamp and camera has not been removed. I shall then extrapolate to say you have not deleted the default cube as well. This would be a small issue as when you export the whole thing as a dnm, the cube would would be exported as well, so you would get a cube in the middle of the R-103.
Don't worry, I always remove that cube. :)

EDIT: Progress on Cynthia's R-103.
cyn2.png
EDIT 02: Typical building complete. Moving on to famous buildings (like the Chain Bridge and the Parliament).
bvhaz.png
Night version not made yet.

Snake6's Workshop

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:39 pm
by Dan
wow thats a big list, and nice projects so far!

Re: Snake6's Workshop

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:03 pm
by Snake6
I'm back. :)
Here's some early progress on the ground objects of the Budapest map.
More updates coming, mostly about this map. :D

Hungarian Parliament Building
parl2.png
parl1.png
Széchenyi Chain Bridge
lanchid.png

Re: Snake6's Workshop

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:30 pm
by Snake6
I started working on a LaGG-3, here are some WIP pictures of it.
It will be as detailed as the Yak-52.
wip.png