Personal work in progress topics go here
Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-14, F-15D&E, SR-71, King Air 200, B737

Re: Dragonic Machine Industries.

Post by Dragon_Mech »

hello everyone :) .

i have decided to revisit the idea of modding Lord Flashhearts/Skylines Dehavilland DH106 Comet 4c. i have also decide to use this as my practice project for learning how to do animation for YSF aircraft.
i will be starting small by making bombbay doors for two bombays. one in front of the wings and one behind the wings.
B-106-4C_Comet_WIP.jpg
B-106-4C_Comet_WIP_02.jpg
i have already started making preperations to the fuselage for making bombbays. i am hoping to do an unusual door that will raise into the fuselage a short ways and then split into two panels that will swing to the left and right of the bay opening.
i'll post more news as soon i make it up :P
Owner, Dragonic Machine Industries
ksh
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Concorde; F-15; Embraer 190; F-35

Post by ksh »

awesome...i cant wait!!
Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dragon_Mech »

well folks, i have had to put a halt on all mod work for a long while now as real life work has picked quite a bit. i have had neither the time nor the energy to read up on animation in blender. the most i have done is a little work on the front end of the fuselage of the Comet to make room for a second row of bombs. i am hoping to find some time this coming week to catch up on my reading and possibly get to try out a prototype animation soon.
Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dragon_Mech »

i have finally found some time to do some modding work. but i had a brain spark ( i swear i saw smoke coming out of my ears) about ANOTHER mod to the F-15E [OCP] model :roll: . this time i made a "slight" modification to the model i used for my Grun F-15E.
merc_f-15e.jpg
all i did was to add two more rocket pods to the underside of the air intakes. i'm not sure what i am going to do about a paint scheme. i may do another video game logo like i did with my DHC-8-Q400 Killer Instinct.

as for the comet, i'm still reading decaff's tutorial and playing with a simple animation before i try anything on the comet. i am not sure when i will resume work on the comet bomber, but i will try to have it done before the end of the year. :lol:
Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dragon_Mech »

hello everyone :)
i have done some more work on my current F-15 project.
XF-15M Marauding Eagle
XF-15M Marauding Eagle
i have decided on a simple (but powerful) paint scheme. also, i have figured out how to make eight barreled gattling-style gun (it's about darn time!) and i have attached it to the underside of the nose,just in front of the nosegear (just for you COL. Flake 8-) ). i still have to close up the original gunports and do some work in the dat file (adding rockets and redoing the gun), as well as making a red and yellow paint schemes.

that's about all for now. i'll post more news as it happens :)
Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dragon_Mech »

well folks. that was a blast working on the marauding eagle. in fact, it shot a hot bur under my butt to work on an idea that i've had for Makoto's Bell 222 helicopter (circa 2005).
b222at_stinger.jpg
i have added two gattlig style cannons just in front of the rear landing gear and two "wings" near the top that hold 6 AGMs (skined as hellfire missiles), 2 AIMs(skined as AIM-4D Falcon missiles) and two 150 pound droptanks.
i'm still tweaking the dat file to simulated upgrading some parts of the aircraft while trying to be reasonable with the changes. i have no timeline for the stingers release. but i'll try to have it done by next week.
Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dragon_Mech »

hello everyone.
i'm sorry that it has taken me so long to post an update about the work on the bell-222.
but there is some talk between me and the head of the Grun Squadron of the possibility of it and another variant being used in the up-coming Grun Squadron pack expansion/update. i am not a liberty to divulge any details at this time, but there will be an official press release by Nodoka Hanamura when all of the work and details are finalized.
Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dragon_Mech »

hello everyone.

it's been a long time since i've posted anything here, so i thought i would update everyone on what i was up to since my last post.
during my time with GrunSol i helped with aircraft repaints, modifications to models and dat files, custom weapon skins and application of decals and tail codes. i also worked on some "abnormal" modifications to a few aircraft.

but sometime in late August or early September of last year, i put my computer in sleep/suspend mode. when i woke the com[uter up from this state, my video card decided to malfunction (which it was not able to recover from) and my CPU became crippled when the L1 or L2 cache (or both) died. this rendered me only able to work on simple models like weapon skins and painting them. and unable to appy decals, shrinkwrap , and work on some aircraft without having visual anomalies.

now back to the present. i have decided to release a few of the aircraft that i worked on. including the modified bell 222 that i talked about last year. but there a some that i can not release because i was given permission to only use them in a GrunSol pack. i will be working over the next 3 or 4 weeks to make the aircraft release worthy. depending on how things go, some aircraft will have tail codes and some won't. and some will have different paint schemes than others. i will post images here as i finsh working on them.
lorDuckFeet
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: McDonnell Douglas

Post by lorDuckFeet »

that's bad :( in the past my when i lost my computer, i lost the projects on WIP. so since this, i been ,making copies and making uploading on website hosting.
Dragon glad you're back on modding :)
Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dragon_Mech »

my computer is still not up to full speed. i'm still using that CPU with the messed up L1/L2 cache. and i'm forced to use my onboard GeForce 6150SE GPU. i need to get a AMD Phenom x4 9600 CPU to replaced my crippled Athlon 64 3800+. and a 500W+ PSU so i can use my GeForce 9600GT graphics card. though, everytime i set some mony aside to buy the parts, i end up using the money for other more important things. like clothing and food.

in any case, i should have my first couple of screenshots posted in here over the weekend. that is if i don't get held up by a massive amount of chours. :lol:
Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dragon_Mech »

hi evryone.

ive been working on the aircraft that i want to release. they arn't quite ready yet due to some things i want to change in the dat files. but i'm comfortable sharing some screenshots of the attack helicopters that were to be used for GrunSol.

here is a modified version of utachy's AFH-02B Hellhound. the rocket pods were swaped out for two more AGM pods, and i added a couple of pylons on the undersides of the engines for droptanks to extend it's range. i plan to make a air to air missile skin that is the same size of the agms.

this is the AH-76c Bushwhacker. it is a heavily modified version of the S-76C+ model that is in the CEP pack. i added the wings, rocket pods, guns, rear pylons for fuel tanks and bombs, and the AIM skins that are on the upper wings. i also increased the amount of blades on the main rotor from 4 to 16. and the rear rotor has 8 blades.

this is the AH-222 Madcat. the base model is Makoto's Bell 222 that is in the CEP pack. i added the wings, rocket pods, guns and rear pylons for bombs and fuel tanks. the wing tips are made to hold upto 4 stinger style AIM missiles. i also made it a quad-blade rotor.

and this is the RH-222 Stinger. this uses the same base model that the Madcat uses. it was ment to be a recon/light attack chopper. it lacks the rocket pods and bombing capabilities of the Madcat, but it carries 2 extra AGMs. it too is a quad-blade rotor.

i will inclued a complete credits text file with the aircraft when i release them. the rockets and bombs shown in these pictures were made by TaskForce58. the Hellfire AGMs on the Bushwhacker, Madcat and Stinger were also made by TF58. i made all droptanks and AIM skins.

that's it for now. i'll post more photos either this week or next.
Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dragon_Mech »

this morning i worked on the AIM missile skin for the AFH-02B Hellhound.
i made them the exact same diameter as utachy's AGM missiles skin and the fuselage length of the AIMs are the same as the AGM skins as well. but the nose cone of the AIM is longer and more pointed.

i decided to only allow the upper two missile tubes on both inner missile packs to hold the AIMs for a total of four. i may allow more tubes to hold AIMs if enough people request it before i release this pack.

at the moment i'm working on the dat files for a few more aircraft. along with the helos that i posted yesterday, i will be releasing a repaint version of the F-15E block 3 that was in the previous Grun pack as well as a Block 4 F-15E that is based on the XF-15M Marauding Eagle. i will aslo be including a couple of modified F-101 Voodoos. i hope to have screenshots of these aircraft posted here either tomorrow morning or over the weekend.
Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dragon_Mech »

hello everyone

i am still working on dat files for the aircraft. i will be adding some external cameras to all of the aircraft the helicopters will have "landing" cameras to help novice helo pilots with accurate landing on helipads and ship decks.
but for now, as promised, here are the screenshots of the F-15s and F-101s.

here is the repainted Grun F-15E Block 3. the only dat file changes it has is a slight increase in cannon power.

this is the block 4 version of the GrunF-15E. this is a modified form of the XF-15M Marauding Eagle. the massive cannon has bee removed (under orders of my then CO) and it recived the same twin wing root cannons that the block 3 has. but the extra rocket pods were kept to increase its rocket payload.

this is the F/A-101D Ictus. a modified version of the F-101C that is in the OCP pack. i've made slight increases to the overall thrust, manueverability and top speed to simulate upgrades to the flight systems. this version is setup as a multi-role aircraft. in offline tests in intercept missions. it has proven capable of intercepting stock YSF attackers and bombers, including the F-117A and B2 Spirit.
the agm skins (not shown in this image) that are used on this aircraft are TF58's Hellfire skin.

this is the F-101E Celeri. it is setup as a strict fighter/intercepter. just like the Ictus, it works well as an intercepter against stock YSF attackers and bombers. and just for a touch of pure craziness, i used Taskforce58's AIM-54 Phoenix missiles skins for the mid range air to air missiles. for now, it has the same flight characteristics as the Ictus. but i may do some adjustments to the acceleration before i release it.

and here is an experimental version of the F-101. dubbed the XF-101F Witch Cat, the canards were added to increase pitch maneuverability (they maybe modified to increase roll manerverability if released) during dogfights. the Witch Cat has the same loadout as the Celeri as well as the same thrust and overall speed.
at the moment i am not sure if i will release tihs F-101 variant. i'm still working on the pitch manueverbility to accuratelly represent the addition of the canards. the canards were made by Dision.

that's it for today. i will post more about this pack as i work on it.
Deleted User 2433

Post by Deleted User 2433 »

Looking good Dragon, especially the canard version. 8-)
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 »

Witch Cat... Reminds me of the Grumman cat names! (Wildcat, hellcat, tomcat, etc)
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dragon_Mech »

i was trying to keep with in a similar name theme when i named the Witch Cat. i was thinking Voodoo> Witch Craft> Witch Cat.
Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dragon_Mech »

hello everybody.

i've finshed the work on the helicpoters a few days ago. i'm strongly debating on if i should release them as a seperate pack now, or, wait and release them along with the other aircraft when they are finshed.
right now i'm working on the dat files for the F-101E and the F/A-101D.
i'm trying to get them to reach between MACH 2.1 and MACH 2.3 @40,000FT with afterburners. and do so with something close to resonable acceleration. i still need to add the external cameras too.

also, i will hold off on releasing the F-101F Witch Cat untell i (or someone else) can fix the animation for the canards. right now the canards rotate in the same direction as the elevators. so it looks like the plane should be (for a lack of a better word) "sliding" up and down instead if pitching up or down. which means it will be released seperate from the other F-101 variants on a later date.

that's it for now. i'm hoping to have these aircraft released within the next two weeks at the earliest. i may release the helos this week if it looks like the work on the F-101s are going to take too long.
Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dragon_Mech »

hello everybody

i was looking at the current hardpoint setup of the F/A-101D and i decided that i needed to redesign the setup that is under the center fuselage. the current setup just isn't up to my standards. but i will be keeping the four front hardpoints for both the AIM-4s and the Hellfire missiles.

because of this, i have decided to release the helicopters as a seperate pack sometime this week. i will also be releasing the two F-15Es along with the helos. this will also be the first pack i release using mediafire....that is if i can upload the compressed file.
i will be spending the rest of tonight gathering all of the files together and making any last minute changes that i may want to make. and i will be including a credits text file. tomorrow night or thursday i will be trying to upload the pack to mediafire.
Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dragon_Mech »

hello everyone.

just a quck update on the work on the F-101 variants. i have reworked the weapon mounting setup on the F/A-101D Ictus. instead of using the pylon/hardpoint setup i had originally done, i decided to go with a rail system instead.
this will allow the Ictus to carry up to 8 500 lb bombs or upto 6 AIM-120 missiles (i hope).

as for the F-101F Witch Cat. i am hoping to arrange to have a live chat with Decaff_42 so he can talk me through the process of fixing the canards. i have no idea when this will be though. or if it will happen.

that's it for now ladies and gents. now i'll return you to your regularly scheduled political rantings and ravings, already in progress.
Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dragon_Mech »

hello everyone

it has been too long since i've posted anything here and i've been working on a few different projects in the last year.
a couple of which will not be published here.

This is the RQ-78 Arc Talos. it is a GAC style recon only drone that i have been working on for about six months now. the idea is to have it able to reach a minimum of mach 4. the model in this screenshot is the 6th revision. it won't be as agile as a fighter as it is a recon drone. and it will have multiple external cameras.

This is the 3rd version of the King Ari 200 Mech Support that i have been working on for some time now. i've did some work on it and added a bombay (the green and red area) that can physically fit 16 250lb bombs. but i've mothballed for now untell i learn enough of animating in blender to make the doors work the way i want them too.

I have modded the Bushwhacker helo into a Search and Rescue helicopter. it retains the same engines, rotor and rear pylon configuration of the Bushwhacker. it also has the same speed as it's military brother. the rear pylons will be for droptanks only. the gearhorn has been disabled.

i am still working on the DAT files for the F-101 D and E. i'm finding it difficult to get the acceleration i want without getting unrealistic with the dat files. i'm still trying to keep them under mach 2.3. which i have done so far.

and one final thing. i am working on a large dat file update for most of my published works. this will affect the F-15 addons in one way or another. this will also affect the Stinger, Madcat and Bushwhacker helicopters.
i'll include a complete change log with the update pack when it's released

that is all for now. i don't know when i'll get evrything finshed. but i'll post any updates as they happen.