Here are a few guides to get you started flying YSFlight
Welcome! YSFlight has a small but deep community across the globe. YSFHQ is the English-speaking hub and one of the largest communities. Currently the other main YSFlight community is the Japanese-speaking 2ch.
- The game was created by Soji Yamakawa (ysflight.com) in 1999 and has been updated over the years to add different features. The latest version was released in 2018.
- YSFHQ is run by community members and includes ysflight.org, the Wikia, and a Discord Server.
- The game was created without textures. Mesh cuts and face colour give aircraft their precise paint schemes. This can be a little more involved than texture work. You can learn how to make addons from tutorials posted on YSFHQ!
- The game has multiplayer support. Community members are run the servers. You can find online servers on the YSFHQ Server List. Here's how to connect.
- Online servers today use the 20150425 version (20151023 for Mac) of YSFlight (the latest version is rather buggy). You can download the 20150425/20151023 version at ysflight.org.