Pretty awesome dogfight

Have a YFS file/replay to share with us? Post it here!
Shutter

Pretty awesome dogfight

Post by Shutter »

http://mediafire.com/?4lxy35771sbej3c

Date: Dec 8 2011
Call sign: [VFA-131]Shutter
Doomsday's server
Aircraft flown:stock f-16
Start point/Endpoint: North and South stp's
Opposing forces: [VFC-183]Midnight Rambler
Duration: Like 2-3 minutes
KIlls/Losses: I won, but ran out of fuel about a second after killing him, or less. Really, really damn close.
Weapons and tactics: First I'd like to specify that the replay tool once again pretty much broke a good bit of the replay, but the trajectories are right. We fought with the standard f-16 dogfight loadout (30% fuel, nothing else), not the 84% fuel and full weapons load you might see. Anyways this was a really drawn out fight and loads of fun, and some people could stand to learn a lot from it. Basically we're both making relatively decent use of our lift vectors, radial g's, energy (sort of -ish on my end) and overall there's just some pretty neat geometry in there.
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Re: Pretty awesome dogfight

Post by Midnight Rambler »

Mate..... That was awesome :).

Cool to watch as well, I'm pretty sure shutter had about 0.7% left in the tank when he shot me.

I think one of the other dogfights we had we ended up killing each other at the same time which was a special moment :lol: .

This session started with shutter beating me easily, shooting me down about 8 times in a row. Annoyed, I left and fed the animals and had a walk. When I came back, it was on. Eventually on the 171 server I killed him 8 times to 1 through a shoot out. Good fun all round.

Shutter has very good geometry and descent aim. He tends to favour 'out of plane' angles and uses lift vector efficiently.

I encourage everyone who wants to dogfight well, have a go with shutter. You may just learn a thing or two. ;)
Shutter

Post by Shutter »

Yeah, overall just really damn fun.
Raven
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Raven »

currently working on some good diagrams based off of your flights with MR, shutter. Good stuff.
"The Aggressor Order"
Shutter

Post by Shutter »

Woo I am a source of diagrams. :lol: