Yellowknife's Report Log

Have a YFS file/replay to share with us? Post it here!
Yellowknife
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Fighting Falcon

Yellowknife's Report Log

Post by Yellowknife »

Date: 28/12/11

Call sign: Yellowknife

Online/Offline Flight? Offline, Aomori

Aircraft flown: F-18E Superhornet

Wingmen/unit: Two wingmen, F-18E Superhornet

Start point/Endpoint: Don't remember

Opposing forces: Multiple TU-22M3 "Backfires" and A-6 "Intruders"

Duration: 10 minutes

Kills/Losses: 1 x TU-22M3 "Backfire"; 1 x A-6 "Intruder"

Weapons and tactics: Mix of gun and AAM. Actual kills were achieved using AAM.

Other Remarks: After a short opinion poll on Teamspeak and a check over this section, the consensus seems to lean in favour of counting AI kills as kills, at least for the purposes of logging your first victory. Since I've just taken down my first two, I thought I might post it here. Lemme know if this is considered intellectually dishonest.
Last edited by Yellowknife on Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hawaiian Airways VA pilot, PID N003HA - tag [HAVA-N003HA]Yellowknife - from 28/12/11
YS Royal Australian Air Force officer cadet - tag [RAAF]Yellowknife - from 29/12/11
GimiGlider
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: COMAC ARJ-21

Re: First kills (against AI)

Post by GimiGlider »

Well, better than my first kills. My first kills were over aomori, with me in a F-16 vs a 767 and 747...guess who won? Actually, I think my friend scored the kills. Dunno... :lol:
Raven
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Raven »

Useing AA2 missiles, and long range AAM is part of it.. Good job, keep practiceing.
"The Aggressor Order"
Yellowknife

Post by Yellowknife »

Raven wrote:Useing AA2 missiles, and long range AAM is part of it.. Good job, keep practiceing.
Thanks! I'm sorry, though, I don't quite understand what AA2 missiles are.

I think in future I may switch to the F-16C - it's said to have glitched agility, and one of the annoying things about this mission was that the F-18 wasn't quite agile enough to track fast-moving targets.
Hawaiian Airways VA pilot, PID N003HA - tag [HAVA-N003HA]Yellowknife - from 28/12/11
YS Royal Australian Air Force officer cadet - tag [RAAF]Yellowknife - from 29/12/11
Crazypilot
Honorary Contributor
Honorary Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Cheese

Post by Crazypilot »

Try getting online and dogfighting with some of us :)
Raven
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Raven »

Yellowknife wrote:
Raven wrote:Useing AA2 missiles, and long range AAM is part of it.. Good job, keep practiceing.
Thanks! I'm sorry, though, I don't quite understand what AA2 missiles are.

I think in future I may switch to the F-16C - it's said to have glitched agility, and one of the annoying things about this mission was that the F-18 wasn't quite agile enough to track fast-moving targets.

It was a typo on my behalf. Air to Air Missiles and Long-Range Air to Air Missiles. Also crazy is correct, although you are a civilian pilot in my eyes.. If you wanna learn to defend your self jump online and challenge some fighters.
"The Aggressor Order"
Yellowknife

Post by Yellowknife »

Missiles seem to be my major problem - I engaged a non-YSFHQ pilot on WW3 last night and lost 4-0 before leaving in despair. Part of my major problem has been squandering my missiles by taking shots from non-optimal positions; Ace Combat has taught me that the only safe place to fire a missile is from directly behind an opponent continuing to fly straight and level, but I doubt that is applicable in YS. Any suggestions?

(Nonetheless, I will certainly try to rack up flight hours within the English-speaking community, although as my internet is only available at times almost to the total exclusion of YSFlight's peak, this may be tough.)
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff

Post by Midnight Rambler »

YS is cute in that, if your opponent is a good gun fighter, missiles will be more or less useless. That being said, shots from head on just as you pass your enemy can be effective. I'm not really used to missiles but mid range shots at the enemy's side tend to re-lock after a flare most times.

What time do you usually fly? After new year (my Internet is caped so I lag on a server) I'll jump on and we can have some flight time, I'll try and get flake and dragon (and anyone else I can find at the time) and we'll have a sesh :lol: .
Crazypilot
Honorary Contributor
Honorary Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Cheese

Post by Crazypilot »

Count me in time to go to flight school yellow.
Yellowknife

Post by Yellowknife »

Midnight Rambler wrote:YS is cute in that, if your opponent is a good gun fighter, missiles will be more or less useless. That being said, shots from head on just as you pass your enemy can be effective. I'm not really used to missiles but mid range shots at the enemy's side tend to re-lock after a flare most times.

What time do you usually fly? After new year (my Internet is caped so I lag on a server) I'll jump on and we can have some flight time, I'll try and get flake and dragon (and anyone else I can find at the time) and we'll have a sesh :lol: .
My internet is also capped - and I'm switching from Optus to TPG as well. Double whammy! From about January 5, I should be available roughly from 2pm to 12am AEST (UTC+10) on any given day until about February 20, when I start uni. Whenever you guys are ready, I'm game.

Also, thanks for the tips on weapon use! I'll keep them in mind in future.
Raven
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Yellowknifes Report Log

Post by Raven »

Notice the title of this topic has been changed to better suite you, yellow. From now on, post your after action reports, and statistics and we'll discuss, and analyze them.
"The Aggressor Order"
Yellowknife

Re: Yellowknife's Report Log

Post by Yellowknife »

Thanks, Raven! Expect hilarity to ensue.
Raven
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Yellowknife's Report Log

Post by Raven »

No problem bud, it what this sub forum is for.
"The Aggressor Order"