Airplanes in sceneryedittor

Have a YFS file/replay to share with us? Post it here!
Lor599
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 787

Airplanes in sceneryedittor

Post by Lor599 »

I seem to encounter this problem that is getting on my nerves :evil: When i use the scenery editor to put parked airplanes i put 0% fuel and 0% knots.But when i start the game they are not moving but when i start to move the have white circles that say -whatever speed i am going and manage to blow up by themselves. for example if i am traveling 140 knots on the runway on the planes it says -140 knots and blow up. ALL I WANT IS PARKED AIRPLANES like how did the creator of the Hongkong map do it right?
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Re: Airplanes in sceneryedittor

Post by decaff_42 »

Adding airplanes to a map is a little different than the method you described. What you put into the map was user-controlable-airplanes. This means that they can (theoretically) move, even if their initial (what you defined in scenery editor) conditions area all zero. AI is funny like that.

What Taiwan (the creator of the Hong Kong map) did was just place ground objects in the map that are shaped as Airplanes. If you want them to move (taxi around) you need to put them on a motion path.

If you want to reverse-engineer how other people made their maps, open the map up in Scenery Editor.

I have a massive tutorial guide for scenery editor that covers nearly everything about map making. It should be published very soon and I recommend you read it when it is.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. I hope that you will take the time to introduce yourself and become a part of the community. It sounds like you've been playing with scenery Editor a bit, and I encourage you to get involved with map making and other parts of YSFHQ.
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

You are using the wrong kind of plane you need to use parked ground objects for this.If you have parked ground objects installed in you ground folder.Say TF58s ground object these will work better than Ysflight aircraft if you want them static.There are no stock parked aircraft.So you will have to down load some from here to use as ground objects look for Task Force 58s Edwards scenery as he has a good cross section of military and civilian parked planes.
Image[/align=centre]
waspe414
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Kiowa, Mitten, Hornet

Post by waspe414 »

I wasn't able to replicate the issue. Try selecting the wayward aircraft and go [Aircraft > Modify Aircraft > Action > Do Nothing]

So no, guys, it is possible to make actual aircraft that are parked.

Mind you, the description of the issue is a tad confusing. If the number by the circle says -yourspeed, then the aircraft is stationary. Not sure why it's exploding. Do you have collision turned on?
Actual UltraViolet
Image Image
I stole your turnip. Now you must come and defend your honour. ~ Hank Green