Installing New Aircraft

YSFlight general discussion & everything in between
lorDuckFeet
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: McDonnell Douglas

Installing New Aircraft

Post by lorDuckFeet » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:22 pm

NOTE: Some information in this tutorial is YsFlight Pilots!

Many people are struggling to install new aircraft due to lack of information about it.
You need to have a package with the aircraft you want to install.
In this package, if you're right, he must have at least four files ...

Airplane.dat-
Airplane.dnm-
Airplane_cockpit.srf-
Airplane_coll.srf-

air_airplane.lst sometimes the file does not come, then you need to do it, it's not complicated, because the LST file (list), is nothing more than a list of places where the files are the planes.
For example a plane called p51_bunnie.lst

Code:

aircraft/p51_bunnie.dat aircraft/p51_bunnie.dnm aircraft/p51_bunnie_cock.srf aircraft/p51_bunnie_coll.srf

If the plane is that you do not have to install a LIST yourself there must be created following the example above.
Then you must copy and paste the files of the new aircraft that is in the package folder on the aircraft, or in a folder that you defined in your LIST, but some come with list, then just open it in Notepad and see the sites installation, as some will USER folder.
hence may be so airplane.lst

Code:

user/name/airplane/airplane.dat user/name/airplane/airplane.dnm user/name/airplane/airplane_coll.srf user/name/airplane/airplane_cockpit.srf user/name/airplane/airplane_coarse.dnm

Important Considerations to Be Analyzed (ICTA)
But if I'm not able to view the plane even after having performed the operation step-by-step all?
Well, it would be interesting to review the list of sites, whether it actually meets the air_avião.lst name, if she even has the extension "lst" list and not as some planes that I downloaded were for destração can be that the creator has put the extension list by mistake.

I installed it, his name appears, but I get the following error "Load Error (VISUAL): aircraft / airplane.dnm," what should I do?
Well, this visual error is very common in Ysflight trial versions, and newer versions, because some older model aircraft had a few classes in the MND, and also the number of lines within a PCK Dynamodel is limited, so an excess of polygons in the plane can cause this error, in which case you should remove it and find another plane like this.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
But if I'm not able to view the plane even after having carried out the transaction step by step all?
Well, it would be interesting to review the list of sites, whether it actually meets the air_airplane.lst name, if she even has the extension "lst" list and not as some planes that I downloaded were for distraction can be that the creator has put the extension list by mistake.

I installed it, his name appears, but I get the following error "Load Error (VISUAL): aircraft / aircraft.dnm," what should I do?
Well, this visual error is very common in Ysflight trial versions, and newer versions, because some older model aircraft had a few classes in the MND, and also the number of lines within a PCK Dynamodel is limited, so an excess of polygons in the plane can cause this error, in which case you should remove it and find another plane like this.

Well, theoretically, an initialization error of DAT is that it was not found, but his address was in a List.
Note in Notepad the name of DAT, then the windows search (Start> Find, or press F3 on the desktop), and in his search for HD if these files exist, but, look them in the name of the folder lists "aircraft" line and delete them from this list.
Do this until all the bugs are gone, it is very time consuming, but then end up with errors.

Shutter

Re: Installing New Aircraft

Post by Shutter » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:12 am

I'm guessing you didn't see this: http://forum.ysfhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=272
:lol:

Boom
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-15, F-22

Re: Installing New Aircraft

Post by Boom » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:54 pm

I made a plane with 3 files... the cockpit file is optional.