Error 0xc0000005

Questions, comments, concerns, & fixes
Gryphus 1
Favorite Aircraft: XFA-27A_Crane

Error 0xc0000005

Post by Gryphus 1 »

Hi guys ! I have a little issue with the game. I still mantain Windows 7, but when I try to open any version of YSF or other games, the PC opens a window that says "Error 0xc0000005 can't open file". It happen recently, only the Direct3D opens correctly. How can I fix that ? A friend told me that the problem is caused by the too old operative system, and I should update it to Windows 10. If I update it, I know that the most of my games are incompatible with it... also YSFlight ? :?: :?: :?:
Thanks for your answer.
AdityaB
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: All

Re: Error 0xc0000005

Post by AdityaB »

Gryphus 1 wrote:Hi guys ! I have a little issue with the game. I still mantain Windows 7, but when I try to open any version of YSF or other games, the PC opens a window that says "Error 0xc0000005 can't open file". It happen recently, only the Direct3D opens correctly. How can I fix that ? A friend told me that the problem is caused by the too old operative system, and I should update it to Windows 10. If I update it, I know that the most of my games are incompatible with it... also YSFlight ? :?: :?: :?:
Thanks for your answer.
YSFlight works well on windows 10 :)
Please note that I do not mean any kind of offence in any of my posts
My Website:
YS Flight South Asia
Get full list of
my releases at:
AdityaB's Facility
:) :) :)
*temporarily unavailable further details
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon »

If DirectX works but both OpenGL versions have the error, I would start by looking at the graphics drivers.
Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5

Post by Nodoka Hanamura »

AdityaB wrote:
Gryphus 1 wrote:Hi guys ! I have a little issue with the game. I still mantain Windows 7, but when I try to open any version of YSF or other games, the PC opens a window that says "Error 0xc0000005 can't open file". It happen recently, only the Direct3D opens correctly. How can I fix that ? A friend told me that the problem is caused by the too old operative system, and I should update it to Windows 10. If I update it, I know that the most of my games are incompatible with it... also YSFlight ? :?: :?: :?:
Thanks for your answer.
Aditya - some of us are unwilling to update to windows 8+, due to their use of Spyware inside the OS itself, and overall dislike of the OS.

As for the issue - It could be caused by File corruption (Due to HDD failure or a random screw up during a disk operation)
or bad File permissions.
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Member of YSCE Development Committee - I don't code, I compile.
Ace Lord
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: B-52H Stratofortress

Post by Ace Lord »

Thanks for your answer.
It's either a hacked/infected file or an issue with Avast antivirus, provided that is the antivirus program you have installed. If you do have Avast, you will need to boot your machine into Safe Mode and remove Avast from Program Files, then do a system restore to a point a few days before the update.

Otherwise, you will need to check and/or rebuild your BCD. Run the Command Prompt as Administrator and type BCDEdit and enter, if your Windows Boot Loader Path is xOsload.exe then you need to remove some files and repair your BCD.

Warning! Repairing your BCD will require you to re-activate your copy of Windows.
< BoH
Deleted User 2433

Post by Deleted User 2433 »

Nodoka Hanamura wrote:
AdityaB wrote:
Thanks for your answer.
Aditya - some of us are unwilling to update to windows 8+, due to their use of Spyware inside the OS itself, and overall dislike of the OS.

As for the issue - It could be caused by File corruption (Due to HDD failure or a random screw up during a disk operation)
or bad File permissions.
the spyware issue is easy to eliminate. there's a program I have called spybot anti beacon that'll shut down all that crap. it's windows 10 only but since I was a victim of the secret forced upgrade it was kind of mandatory for me.

if you do upgrade to ten you "might" update your graphics drivers through windows update, that's just from personal experience with my laptop. they are a lot better but whether or not you do is up to you. 7 and 10 are similar but a lot of ppl don't like the new turn hackrosoft (lol) took with windows 10 since it's very strict about messing with files, it's like a big brother OS, which lots of ppl including me aren't thrilled with. since you mentioned other games not loading it might actually be the drivers themselves, do you know If the other problem games are running with opengl or directx?

https://gregs-blog.com/2007/12/16/how-t ... e-running/
this should help tell you if it's your drivers or not.

I think a lot of newer computers have been neglecting opengl in favor of directx but I don't know for sure. hope this helps.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

Memory overrun in YSF. You have a bad addon somewhere... I get this crash from time to time.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
AdityaB
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: All

Post by AdityaB »

Nodoka Hanamura wrote:
AdityaB wrote:
Thanks for your answer.

or bad File permissions.
i do not know much about the Spyware issue, but i still agree with you....Win10 is not my cup of tea too!!
the thing is that my laptop keeps crashing now and then since the introduction of Win10....and, of course, "overall dislike of the OS." True! Win7 is far better!!
OfficerFlake wrote:Memory overrun in YSF. You have a bad addon somewhere... I get this crash from time to time.
yes, i wanted to say this in my previous post, but i was not sure about it....now i am :mrgreen:
i too get this crash, but now it has been a long time (4 months+) ;)
Please note that I do not mean any kind of offence in any of my posts
My Website:
YS Flight South Asia
Get full list of
my releases at:
AdityaB's Facility
:) :) :)
*temporarily unavailable further details
Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran

AdityaB wrote:
Nodoka Hanamura wrote:

or bad File permissions.
i do not know much about the Spyware issue, but i still agree with you....Win10 is not my cup of tea too!!
the thing is that my laptop keeps crashing now and then since the introduction of Win10....and, of course, "overall dislike of the OS." True! Win7 is far better!!
OfficerFlake wrote:Memory overrun in YSF. You have a bad addon somewhere... I get this crash from time to time.
yes, i wanted to say this in my previous post, but i was not sure about it....now i am :mrgreen:
i too get this crash, but now it has been a long time (4 months+) ;)
Memory Overrun as in - YS exceeded the 32-bit Memory address limit? Because in Pre-Fallout 4 I'd encounter issues with content being dropped from RAM when I had mods that took up memory addresses beyond 0xc.

Either way, Gryphus, If you want, I can give you my install of YSFlight to use, that way you don't need to go looking for a addons all over the web.
Ace Lord wrote:
Thanks for your answer.
TL:DR Bootloader and avast
Ace Lord, I don't think the problem is with Avast or the Bootloader.

I've been running avast for ages, and It has never caused such problems.

That and the Bootloader shouldn't have anything to do with the Operating System once the OS is initialized, so repairing the BCD wouldn't fix it. in the worst case scenario for this kind of problem, even if it was, It'd be a sign of faulty RAM, and Gryphus would be having more problems than just YSFlight refusing to initialize.
Last edited by Nodoka Hanamura on Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gryphus 1

Post by Gryphus 1 »

A friend suggested me to insall Windows 10. Now most of the games function correctly, but YSFlight doesn't works. Only the old Direct3D function, but it not read all my addons. If is a problem about graphic drivers, can I download them to make OpenGL functioning again ?

(Sorry, I am not an expert :oops: )
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

Nodoka Hanamura wrote:Memory Overrun as in - YS exceeded the 32-bit Memory address limit?
YS Tried to write to graphics memory it does not have locked for it's use. It's a pointer problem in c++ terms.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran

Gryphus 1 wrote:A friend suggested me to insall Windows 10. Now most of the games function correctly, but YSFlight doesn't works. Only the old Direct3D function, but it not read all my addons. If is a problem about graphic drivers, can I download them to make OpenGL functioning again ?

I'd suggest rolling back to Windows 7/8, Gryphus, otherwise you'll end up stuck with Windows 10 after 30 days.

Once you've decided on whether to keep Win10 (barfs in a bag) or roll back, Let us know what Graphics card you have.
Gryphus 1

Post by Gryphus 1 »

Nodoka Hanamura wrote:
Gryphus 1 wrote:A friend suggested me to insall Windows 10. Now most of the games function correctly, but YSFlight doesn't works. Only the old Direct3D function, but it not read all my addons. If is a problem about graphic drivers, can I download them to make OpenGL functioning again ?

I'd suggest rolling back to Windows 7/8, Gryphus, otherwise you'll end up stuck with Windows 10 after 30 days.

Once you've decided on whether to keep Win10 (barfs in a bag) or roll back, Let us know what Graphics card you have.
I don't know, is possible that if I return to 7, can return also the problems I've encountered, also, Windows 10 is free for the last day. The problem is certainly caused by some video drivers that not read the OpenGL. I tried to update my graphic drivers but seems that I can't, during the installation the PC shows error messages. I think my graphic card is a little obsolete... Intel(R)G41 Express Chipset
Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran

Gryphus 1 wrote:
Nodoka Hanamura wrote:

I don't know, is possible that if I return to 7, can return also the problems I've encountered, also, Windows 10 is free for the last day. The problem is certainly caused by some video drivers that not read the OpenGL. I tried to update my graphic drivers but seems that I can't, during the installation the PC shows error messages. I think my graphic card is a little obsolete... Intel(R)G41 Express Chipset
Blech.. IGCs...

Anywho.. It'd be best to upgrade your computer Gryphus - If you get error messages while updating.