Can i be in 2 groups at the same time?

Questions, comments, concerns, & fixes
Darkwalker6
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: F/A-18A Superhornet

Can i be in 2 groups at the same time?

Post by Darkwalker6 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:40 pm

I was wondering if I could be in 2 groups at the same time, because I'm in NCA, but recently I've been wanting to join the VFA-49 Ghost Hawks.
Steam: DArKWALKeR

I like to do stuff, I guess. I dug a hole in my backyard :\

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Re: Can i be in 2 groups at the same time?

Post by Neocon » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:43 pm

I wouldn't think that would be a problem. I'm pretty sure there are 49th members in NCA already. I think the only conflict would be in being in two squads at the same time.

Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5

Post by Nodoka Hanamura » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:00 am

The Mentality for Civilian groups is different than military groups - Civilian Airlines usually won't mind having staff part of a Military squad or other Airlines.

Military Groups usually consider joining another military group as a act of defection - something i personally take as a insult to myself, what I've, and my personnel have poured their blood, time, sweat and tears into. Now, if you were to formally leave, then that's a different story - but keep in mind - unless you make it publicly known you're leaving a squad and then go to another, or make it known to your squad mates - [sarcasm]Don't be suprised if your old squadmates (if they're like me and prone to hold a grudge) start prioritizing you over the other pilots you've decided to bunk with on the battlefield.[/sarcasm]

Dramatic effect aside - TL;DR - Yes, you can.

besides, you really should join GrunSol.

Join us. We have cupcakes.
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:14 am

You can be in as many civilian, aerobatic, and military groups as you want. The issue with military groups is mainly that being in more than one will not be in anyone's benefit. Both squads will not have your full attention and dedication, and you will be forced to choose between the two, which is also unfair to them. This really comes into light when there are skirmishes and of course, you need to pick a side. The only exception is if the squads are unrelated and you can find a way to work around both. This isn't often but it has been done before.

Feel free to submit an application to VFA-49! You can click the link in my signature to get to our forum.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:35 am

General rule of thumb around here is you stick with one civi team, one aero team and one military team, there have of course been exceptions. I would advise you try not to juggle too much though, keep it simple. You want YS to be fun, not a chore.

Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:32 pm

Or you can be like me and try a bit of everything. Nothing is concrete and feel free to give everything a red-hot go, you can't go wrong really.

Both the 49th and Grun would be a good choice. I don't have any experience with Grun, but with my time with the 49th i know you'll have a lot of fun. They are a fair group of people with some cool aircraft and ideas. Just have fun with it and never forget that it's a game and not to take it personally :)