Questions, comments, concerns, & fixes
decaff_42
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

YSF 2015 Question

Post by decaff_42 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:39 pm

Howdy all,

I'm trying to figure out how to replicate a few features from the old YSFlight versions with respect to views.
(1) In F8/7 views you used to be able to move the camera (NOT ZOOM) closer or further away from the aircraft, by holding shift and the F7/8 button and then pushing the stick forward of backward.

(2) You used to be able pan around the aircraft slowly by using the bank left/right, pitch up/down controls and a similar button arrangement as above.

Does anyone know of a way to replicate such views besides getting into an invisible airplane and flying in formation?
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.

Feel free to ask me a question! I'll try to answer it as well as I can or recommend a more knowledgeable member if necessary.

dbd000
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: So long as it isn't fictional, I like it

Re: YSF 2015 Question

Post by dbd000 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:38 am

decaff_42 wrote:Does anyone know of a way to replicate such views besides getting into an invisible airplane and flying in formation?
I think maybe F10 with normal aircraft controls and hold space for forward movement? (I use 2011 version so I'm not sure if this is still a thing.) You could try it but there are no promises.

waspe414
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: CH-136 Kiowa

Re: YSF 2015 Question

Post by waspe414 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:35 am

Look left, right, forward, and back adjust the F7/F8 camera at a fixed rate. You'd think look up/down would change the distance, but it doesn't. I've not found anything that does it anymore.
The only new camera control is "Change View Target" which takes the place of Shift+F9 for changing F6/F9 focus, and Shift+F9 now steps F6/F9 backwards.
I stole your turnip. Now you must come and defend your honour. ~ Hank Green
"Talon is a giant flower. That is all."