ZyreaxGaming_YT
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: mc-21 (Commercial), A-7 (Military), Co50 (Private)

Post by ZyreaxGaming_YT » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:34 pm

Last edited by ZyreaxGaming_YT on Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction. ~ John F. Kennedy

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Re: PAN AMERICAN VIRTUAL AIRWAYS IS NOW RECRUITING

Post by Neocon » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:15 pm

Welcome to YSFHQ. It's nice to see a new member who is interested in virtual airlines. I need to ask, though, if you have permission from the owner of the Pan American name to use it for your VA? The reason I ask is that a few months ago a VA that had just started was contacted by a real-world airline and told to stop using their name, even though there were no similarities between them other than the name. Using real-world airline names for a virtual airline is not generally a good idea.

ZyreaxGaming_YT
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: mc-21 (Commercial), A-7 (Military), Co50 (Private)

Post by ZyreaxGaming_YT » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:38 pm

It looks as if the current company that has any relation with the name is Pan Am Systems so I went with Pan American and am avoiding any interaction with the copyright of the real world company but if I am asked to shut down due to name I will abide. Thank you for the heads up, it is appreciated!
Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction. ~ John F. Kennedy

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:44 am

1) Welcome

2) This is not going to be allowed. As Pan Am is a real company and you don't have the rights to represent them. Even if that is not your intention, that is the effect.

3) You should probably consider joining an established YSFlight VA first, such as NCA. Members of this forum with over 100 posts struggle to fill pilot vacancys in VA's. You, having only just made your presence here known, will struggle even more for members. Not trying to be mean, but that's the way it is. You will enjoy this forum, this game, and this community a lot more if you join a VA first as you walk into an already full house with a wealth of interaction.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Barr » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:36 pm

Yea I'll have to agree with flake.

Don't risk it. Just imagine having a whole fleet repainted, website, routes, etc all done and you get an email asking you to cease operation. It'll suck especially when you have all that time and effort invested in the va.

So like flake said join a VA first that way you get an idea of how we operate here, the pace here is totally different from let's say a FSX virtual airline.

Now if you're totally serious to start your own VA then go with a unique name and livery. Make you're self stand out.
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.

Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5

Post by Nodoka Hanamura » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:38 pm

xX_SuperSic58_Xx wrote:1) Welcome

2) This is not going to be allowed. As Pan Am is a real company and you don't have the rights to represent them. Even if that is not your intention, that is the effect.

3) You should probably consider joining an established YSFlight VA first, such as NCA. Members of this forum with over 100 posts struggle to fill pilot vacancys in VA's. You, having only just made your presence here known, will struggle even more for members. Not trying to be mean, but that's the way it is. You will enjoy this forum, this game, and this community a lot more if you join a VA first as you walk into an already full house with a wealth of interaction.
As harsh as I personally feel flake was, He is right. It's best that you join a VA and get operations down pat. I'd suggest MahouAir VA or NCA. MahouAir is fairly new and is lax (PIREPS are optional, we're going to implement PHPVMS sometime soon, still need to work on the airport list), and NCA has a vast history, and is known for lax operation as well, so it and MAVA are perfect for starting off in VAs.

C&Ds are a unfortunate reality with VAs. GrunSol does use some copyrighted content, but it's all fictional and we maintain a fair use stance or in the case with the MiG-41 Firefly and YSFlight-based copyrights, we obtain permission. With VAs, it's a different story, as you violate trademarks, not just copyrights, something which is not covered by Fair Use/Fair Dealing laws.

I don't want to dissuade you from staying because of these factors. One of my jobs, as well as one of the jobs of the administration is to make YSFHQ as welcoming as possible to new users while upholding the rules.

It sucks to have your ideas shot down. Trust me, quite a few of us know that feeling. It sucks. It's just we believe this VA won't last long due to it's existence in a legal gray area. Like I said, join a existing VA, and learn the ropes. then come back with a VA of your own creation. If you need help getting started, there are people in the community who can help you, even Alliances such as Vingar Alliance, operated by the CEO of Herven Airlines.

Again, Welcome to YSFHQ, and we hope you enjoy your time here! :)
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████