New user. Need help

YSFlight general discussion & everything in between
Dragos-popa
Favorite Aircraft: A350

New user. Need help

Post by Dragos-popa » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:49 am

Hello everyone !

I'm new here and I don't really know where to start from tbh. I'd like to join a good VA to start with. Could anyone give me some tips for the game or the community and could someone give me their must have addons? I like civilian aircraft more than anything, just so you know. :D

m88youngling
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: R-9A Arrowhead - F-16C Rainbow Falcon

Re: New user. Need help

Post by m88youngling » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:07 pm

Granted I'm not from the YSFHQ civil flight community but welcome to YSFHQ!
GrunSolutions has a VA division. I don't know much about it but I know its mainstay liner has views for seating and such for passengers which blew me away.
There are other VAs around of different sorts and varieties. Just go with the one you like the best!
SARF Executive Officer (2IC)
[email protected]

Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Barr » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:24 pm

Welcome to the club.

Theres NatComAir, Mahou, Abel, Herven, YSBRA, etc.
click here to go to the civilian forums and read up on all the vas

As for which addons.... DOWNLOAD THEM ALL!
JK, unless you want to
It all depends on what you want to fly and your level of desired detail. For Example want some low detail airliners that wont strain your computer check out Daves and Dans simple airliners. Want some wicked high detail graphics card melting aircraft check out decaffs boeing models, takaty's aircraft packs, najmi's a380 just to name a few

What addons you decide to download also depend on if you want to fly online or not. I fyou want to fly online try to download ALL the aircraft on that server, just to avoid any errors or block planes. For example if you want to fly on the YS Civil aviation server youll need to download whats on this page https://sites.google.com/site/civavserv ... craft-2017

As for maps again just download what you want to fly or if you want to fly online youll need to source the maps. For example if you want to fly on the civilian server click the "i" next to the server name on the side bar to you left and on that page youll see the scenery/map name. Simply copy and paste into the forum search bar to find it.

Well hope you enjoy your stay well see you soon on the servers!
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.

ZyreaxGaming_YT
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: mc-21 (Commercial), A-7 (Military), Co50 (Private)

Post by ZyreaxGaming_YT » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:45 pm

Welcome to YSFHQ Dragos! Almost all of the Virtual Airlines that YSFlight has to offer are spectacular. I actually began my own about a month ago called Palm Virtual. It centralizes its operations in Florida as well as the Bahamas. We plan to expand to tens of new destinations and our fleet will be released sometime within 36 hours. We are also a proud member of Vingar Alliance, founded by YSBRA and Herven Virtual. As members of Vingar Alliance, we work as a team and try to avoid competition between each other. The choice is your's on who to join and which suits you best. Another VA's that I personally think you should join is MAVA, a civilian operation under the control of GrunSolutions who has considered joining Vingar Alliance. These are just a handful of VA's I suggest, there are many more, and as I said, the choice is yours! As for Add Ons I highly suggest Decaff_42's. They are great quality and are used on most servers I fly on. Other than that I know the CivAv server (the "big" civilian server for YSFlight) has a list of add ons that can be used on their website. If you need any more give it a search on HQ and you should find some. There is a whole subforum devoted to add ons and add on releases.
Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction. ~ John F. Kennedy

MD5Ray01
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10A Thunderbolt 2

Post by MD5Ray01 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:56 pm

Welcome to YSFHQ, Dragos!
ImageImage
"Everything's better when inverted" - me, 2015

Dragos-popa
Favorite Aircraft: A350

Post by Dragos-popa » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 pm

thanks to everyone for the info ! :D

Coop
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F/A-18C

Post by Coop » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:51 pm

Dragos-popa wrote:Hello everyone !

I'm new here and I don't really know where to start from tbh. I'd like to join a good VA to start with. Could anyone give me some tips for the game or the community and could someone give me their must have addons? I like civilian aircraft more than anything, just so you know. :D
Sounds like you could have a good talk with Turbofan. Welcome to the HQ.