✈ .:SARF Server Pack v2.3:. ✈

Discuss addon releases that fall under the "Aircraft" category.

What division would you like to see more aircraft in?

Universal Peace Enforcement Organization [UPEO]
47%
General Resource Ltd. [GRDF]
18%
Neucom Inc. [NEU]
12%
Ouroboros [OURO]
24%

Total votes: 17

m88youngling
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: R-9A Arrowhead - F-16C Rainbow Falcon

✈ .:SARF Server Pack v2.3:. ✈

Post by m88youngling »

I am proud to announce the release of SARF's newest server pack update! Including the works of Dision, Zenuz, DarknessofEnigma, NightRaven LordFlasheart and more, this pack is hoped to give SARF the edge in combat and look cool doing it.

Among the highlights of this pack are the addition of more aircraft, especially for the UPEO division. In fact, 3 "new" aircraft are debuting for UPEO.

Firstly, the EF-2000E using LordFlasheart's HD model is making an official appearance! Hopefully it doesn't cause too many framerate drops. Please report if this is an issue.
EF-2000E Block 3 Typhoons
Next up, Zenuz's EW-18RW 'Cobra' is making a debut with the Universal Peace Enforcement Organization. This aircraft is a revised electronic warfare version of the EC-17U. It serves a similar role to the F/A-18U Hornet ADVs, however it carries more flares and a lower radar cross section to simulate radar jamming.
EW-18RW Cobra alongside two F/A-18U Cobra ADVs flying away from Expo City.
And finally SARF introduces a UPEO export model of General Resource's F-22C Raptor II, repainted by M88youngling with paint scheme inspired by Zenuz' UPEO elite skin for the Su-37U.
UPEO F-22CU Raptor II
This server pack is currently (with the exception of the Typhoon) online at GrunSolutions' server, however it will soon hopefully be pushed onto the VFA-49 squadron's server. Please enjoy with the link below!

Enlist with SARF! We need pilots to help bring order to the Hawaiian archipelago! PM me or contact me at [email protected] to enlist.

Download the latest version (v2.3) here!
Last edited by m88youngling on Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
SARF Executive Officer (2IC)
[email protected]
NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Re: ✈ .:SARF Server Pack v2.0:. ✈

Post by NightRaven »

Love seeing DOE's and Zenuz's work, but there is an issue. Since you have changed the user folder from the Provisional Pack, the WPNSHAPEs will fail to load for those that still reference a SARFP1 folder instead of a SARFServer folder. You would have to either rename the folder (and edit the lst) or go in and edit every affected dat.

Also, still trying to figure out how the Hornet ADV can outturn the Gyrfalcon...
m88youngling
Contributor
Contributor

Post by m88youngling »

NightRaven wrote:Love seeing DOE's and Zenuz's work, but there is an issue. Since you have changed the user folder from the Provisional Pack, the WPNSHAPEs will fail to load for those that still reference a SARFP1 folder instead of a SARFServer folder. You would have to either rename the folder (and edit the lst) or go in and edit every affected dat.

Also, still trying to figure out how the Hornet ADV can outturn the Gyrfalcon...
Thank you I will go and fix this as well as the dat issue with the F-22C that makes it a total brick. I can't be certain when v2.1 will be rolled out serverwide. I would like to also fix some dat scaling issues. It doesnt much make sense that the F/A-18U has more maneuverability than the Gyrfalcon. If anybody has ideas that'd be appreciated.
[email protected]
m88youngling
Contributor
Contributor

Post by m88youngling »

There is now a new update to the current SARF Server Pack, pushing it to server pack v2.1. This fixes bugs such as the ones NightRaven pointed out about the custom weapons loading. This also fixes some performance issues with some aircraft such as the F-22CU, but these issues might still persist. Also, the X-49 has a new model with much better designed engines.

Whew, thanks Dision for providing that dnm for me! Though the X-49 is loaded onto the 49th server, I do not know if it will be fielded in direct combat with the 49th. Dision tells me that while its performance is very impressive, it can be shot down and it has its weaknesses. We shall hopefully see for certain in time. Also, though I forgot to list it in the text file with the changes in the download, the RF-12A2 Blackbird II has had some performance upgrades.

Also, I am aware of the issues with the landing gear of the EF-2000E. I am not capable of fixing this. Zenuz, Dision, or somebody else over at the NUN will have to fix this, or a generous soul in the community if you are able. That would be much appreciated. We have alot of higher priority projects coming up. This includes a vertically launched RF-12A2 Blackbird II utilizing rocket boosters, as well as the SARF semi VA project coming soon!

*edit: whoops, forgot to add the update before I posted this. It's there now.
Attachments
SARF Server Pack 2.rar
Update v2.1
(8.85 MiB) Downloaded 597 times
[email protected]
Ace Lord
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: B-52H Stratofortress

Re: ✈ .:SARF Server Pack v2.1:. ✈

Post by Ace Lord »

I absolutely love the high detail UI-4053 along with the rest of this pack. As someone who grew up on the classic Ace Combat games, this definitely has my upvote.
< BoH
m88youngling
Contributor
Contributor

Post by m88youngling »

Ace Lord wrote:I absolutely love the high detail UI-4053 along with the rest of this pack. As someone who grew up on the classic Ace Combat games, this definitely has my upvote.
Thanks! We are working on possibly getting the UI-4053 Sphyrna to work as a carrier with OpenYS, however I know this won't work well with the 49th server because it isn't running OYS. Of course, we could try using the ground object version we have instead, but that also needs to be fixed so that it can be used as a carrier. I don't know how to do any of that e__e
[email protected]
Vic Viper
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: de Havilland Mosquito

Post by Vic Viper »

I would love to run OYS, but not having air or ground enemies (that fire) is a huge no for us. Perhaps for special events when we have enough pilots flying on the server for combat. Development of Open YS has stopped anyway.

Good stuff, Darkness has really upped his game since his original x49.
VFA-49 FORUM

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg...and my arm...even my fingers. The body I've lost...the comrades I've lost...won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you? I'm going to make them give back our past"
m88youngling
Contributor
Contributor

Post by m88youngling »

Vic Viper wrote:I would love to run OYS, but not having air or ground enemies (that fire) is a huge no for us. Perhaps for special events when we have enough pilots flying on the server for combat. Development of Open YS has stopped anyway.

Good stuff, Darkness has really upped his game since his original x49.
Thank you! Hopefully this newest version can go on your server and we can continue having some fun.

Are you sure OYS doesn't allow ground fire still? I thought it did for some reason. If it doesn't, then I understand the problem completely. Ground fire is very necessary.

Also due to recent recruitment @all, Neucom might be getting some new aircraft and Ouroboros' arsenal is getting a revision for sure. We'll make planes for those who can fly them, so be sure to enlist!
[email protected]
Monoceros
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: Tomcat Series

Post by Monoceros »

The only gripe I have is that the F/A-18I/U HornetADV was based off the C, not the E model. If you look at the body from the game the leading edges and the wings are canted, engine nozzles and airbrake like the C, with tailerons and intake of the E. That's just my gripe though. The rest looks good. :3
Attachments
13-FA_Hornet_pic.png
m88youngling
Contributor
Contributor

Post by m88youngling »

Version 2.2 is here! This is not a considerably large update although I can announce some new aircraft. We are now introducing the R-102 Delphinus #2, R-211 Orcinus and R-311 Remora to Neucom's fleet. There's also been some fixes to aircraft. The COFFIN cockpit has also been made more transparent. We haven't gotten around to adjusting its coordinates. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Also, now new for this thread, I will be adding the latest version of the pack to the OP and to the new update announcement post! That way if you heard about it you don't necessarily have to scroll all the way down to find the latest version. Please report any new bugs and stuff. I was kinda tired when I polished this up so I expect there to be some issues I didn't think about. All a process I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Attachments
SARF Server Pack 2.2.rar
(8.9 MiB) Downloaded 561 times
[email protected]
Deleted User 2433

Post by Deleted User 2433 »

Monoceros wrote:The only gripe I have is that the F/A-18I/U HornetADV was based off the C, not the E model. If you look at the body from the game the leading edges and the wings are canted, engine nozzles and airbrake like the C, with tailerons and intake of the E. That's just my gripe though. The rest looks good. :3
I've played AC3 and the F-18U was one of my primary planes. Kind of like the F-22C had some features from the YF-22, the F-18U was an E model with a bit of the C rolled in.
m88youngling
Contributor
Contributor

Re: ✈ .:SARF Server Pack v2.2:. ✈

Post by m88youngling »

v2.3
The next update is finally here!

This update features an overhaul to the F-15S/MT Advanced Eagle+. The upgrades are mainly in its loading and some performance adjustments to make it handle more akin to the Grun F-15E. However, given that this is an F-15S/MTD variant with canards and advanced technology, it is logical to make it a bit more maneuverable and faster. (Disclaimer: carrying a dozen bombs is not recommended for dogfighting :D )

This is also a thrust vectoring update for multiple aircraft! The abilities I've attempted to incorporate into these planes are inspired by Bombcat and several others' novel use of the stock F-22's post-stall maneuvers in dogfights. It leaves the plane in an extremely vulnerable state but allows it to gain the edge if the pilot is willing to take the risk. Try not to do it at low altitude :P

Ouroboros also is introducing the XFA-36 Game and R-103o Delphinus #3. The R-103 is being used for performance testing until a later update.

Several other fixes were done, such as with the R-211 Orcinus' collision model and UPEO RF-12A2 Blackbird II's spoiler.

Please enjoy and we hope that you will consider enlisting with SARF for a better future for YSFlight HQ!

Download the pack Here!
[email protected]
fikrikawakibi
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Zephyr HAPS, ScanEagle, Citation X+, A340, 成都 歼-20

Re: ✈ .:SARF Server Pack v2.3:. ✈

Post by fikrikawakibi »

[SARF] [UPEO] Leader, Alizarin Blu. The ace you will frequently see in VFA-49 OFFICIAL SERVER flying an Su-37 Super Flanker
fikrikawakibi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fikrikawakibi »

HAD FUN
fikrikawakibi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fikrikawakibi »

Probably the most hilarious squadron on YS Flight.
ZaurixAiprax
Favorite Aircraft: F-14D, F-5E, SU-35 and A-4AR

Post by ZaurixAiprax »

:twisted: I'm going to try them now
.:[Special Armed Response Force]:.
◄ ZλURiX ► - Ex General Resource Leadder
ZaurixAiprax
Favorite Aircraft: F-14D, F-5E, SU-35 and A-4AR

Post by ZaurixAiprax »

In Ace Combat 3, the R-103 Delphinus, is for Neucom, will they add it in the future? From :roll: now, thank you very much for the incredible pack ;)
.:[Special Armed Response Force]:.
◄ ZλURiX ► - Ex General Resource Leadder