2017 International YSFlight Exposition

YSFlight general discussion & everything in between
Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5

Re: 2017 International YSFlight Exposition

Post by Nodoka Hanamura »

Mahou Solo will be debuting at the 2017 IYE. Aircraft will be available soon - Gotta do some more work on the cutting and decals.
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Member of YSCE Development Committee - I don't code, I compile.
ZyreaxGaming_YT
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: mc-21 (Commercial), A-7 (Military), Co50 (Private)

Post by ZyreaxGaming_YT »

IMPORTANT UPDATE: PLEASE READ!
After the disbanding of GrunSolution's YSFlight Division, we will need a new squadron to come in and help with airspace security. Palm Security will protect anywhere from Miami International and down, including Fort Myers and Key West. Please, if you have any interest either PM me or let me know on this thread!
Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction. ~ John F. Kennedy
PilotC
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: _

Post by PilotC »

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo.
ZyreaxGaming_YT
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: mc-21 (Commercial), A-7 (Military), Co50 (Private)

Post by ZyreaxGaming_YT »

Ok, so i've gotten some of this shizzle sorted out. I still need to find a server. The date of the event will be announced soon. Sorry for my inactivity lately. Other than that, I think the event is good to go!
Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction. ~ John F. Kennedy
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Barr »

ZyreaxGaming_YT wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:43 pm I feel that something about this event is wrong. I've had 2 units already openly state they have no interest in attending. One unit had even stated that they were coming and stated their intended pack. Low and behold, one day later they stated they had cancelled their appearence. If you don't want to attend, please say nothing. I would also like to clarify that Palm Air and Palm Security are just normal factions in this event. Same with everyone else. The only authority during the event will be the server host (those details are being worked out right now) and myself. Any other factions are there strictly to play as they would on any other server. We will be amending the Civil Aviation rules for this event. Please stand by for more information.
Relax. We are just hitting an expected drop in activity.
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.
KM6BZH
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Mitsubishi Zero

Post by KM6BZH »

Barracuz wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:28 pm
ZyreaxGaming_YT wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:43 pm I feel that something about this event is wrong. I've had 2 units already openly state they have no interest in attending. One unit had even stated that they were coming and stated their intended pack. Low and behold, one day later they stated they had cancelled their appearence. If you don't want to attend, please say nothing. I would also like to clarify that Palm Air and Palm Security are just normal factions in this event. Same with everyone else. The only authority during the event will be the server host (those details are being worked out right now) and myself. Any other factions are there strictly to play as they would on any other server. We will be amending the Civil Aviation rules for this event. Please stand by for more information.
Relax. We are just hitting an expected drop in activity.
I think everyone is busy in school or work. (like there is finals and exams which you have to study for...)
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan »

^I believe Zyreax's post was on December 21 and he was feeling such at that time, but his latest post (which he made today) indicates otherwise. Just an observation ;).
KM6BZH
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KM6BZH »

ZyreaxGaming_YT wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:07 pmOk, so i've gotten some of this shizzle sorted out. I still need to find a server.
How much traffic will there be? I can try to provide a server, but I gotta get the port forwarding figured out. (but I got the wifi router password, so it should be ok.)
An alternative is to ask Patrick if we can use the Civav server. (this is better option)
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon »

More than four or five people and it will get laggy. More than seven people and my computer will freeze up.
Deleted User 1872

Post by Deleted User 1872 »

ZyreaxGaming_YT wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:07 pmI still need to find a server.
Have you already tried figuring out how to set up your own? It's not too hard unless you know that your internet would run into a difficult time with a bunch of people on your server.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

Something I don't understand is the need for "Security"

Having "Security" just says to the would be attackers "Hey, there are people here that you can fight, and it's a prime trolling target".

I would instead advise to scrap the entire "Security" model and instead use the features YSFlight comes with - Up the strength of all demonstration aircraft to ridiculously invincible levels, and use the kick feature of the console to get rid of pests. You can always lock the server for join requests after the demonstration pilots are in flight, which removes the need for "security" entirely.

Just a suggestion.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya

Post by u2fly »

xX_SuperSic58_Xx wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:07 amYou can always lock the server for join requests after the demonstration pilots are in flight, which removes the need for "security" entirely.

Just a suggestion.
Something like "All tickets for the flight have been sold!" or "There are no free seats left on the plane!" situation will happen.
Nice trick for YSFlight servers owners ;-)
Will add this info into the next revision of "YSFLIGHT HANDBOOK" this week.

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost
- we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”

pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV [archived]
(31 DEC 2016)
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan »

As far as increasing the strength level of aircraft, something new I learned yesterday while flying online (new to me anyway) is that the max strength value you can input in the .dat is 9999. Anything higher than that and the damage bar will show as red. Just thought I'd put this out there for anyone not in-the-know on this.
Deleted User 2433

Post by Deleted User 2433 »

xX_SuperSic58_Xx wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:07 am :idea:
i agree, having something to shoot at is too tempting. not very fun if you can't kill your target :D
KM6BZH
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KM6BZH »

xX_SuperSic58_Xx wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:07 amHaving "Security" just says to the would be attackers "Hey, there are people here that you can fight, and it's a prime trolling target".
or just do the whole airshow in an air base with AAAs and SAMS so that if anyone with different IFF comes, they get shot down.
KM6BZH
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KM6BZH »

I have a 40mbps down internet. If that sounds ok, I can try to get a server to work.
u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya

Post by u2fly »

KM6BZH wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:19 amor just do the whole airshow in an air base with AAAs and SAMS so that if anyone with different IFF comes, they get shot down.
As I know, its possible setup AAA's and SAM's to shoot all aircraft with any IFF. If place them on an circle border then aircrafts, placed inside this circle will never met those aircrafts, that placed out of this circle. So, it will look like two parallel worlds... Hm...

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost
- we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”

pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV [archived]
(31 DEC 2016)
Gennaro
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: 777, F-16

Post by Gennaro »

Why not just do it like the usual normal YS airshows? Lock the server except for aircraft currently doing a demonstration and spectators will watch from observer mode with narration and maybe music provided from Teamspeak or Discord. This would reduce lag and make everything more simple, having lots of aircraft's in the air doing unnecessary things would just create lag and annoy server owners as well as other players
I like coffee and mexican food, but not at the same time.
Deleted User 1872

Post by Deleted User 1872 »

Gennaro wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:18 amWhy not just do it like the usual normal YS airshows?
KM6BZH
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KM6BZH »

Gennaro wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:18 am Why not just do it like the usual normal YS airshows? Lock the server except for aircraft currently doing a demonstration and spectators will watch from observer mode with narration and maybe music provided from Teamspeak or Discord. This would reduce lag and make everything more simple, having lots of aircraft's in the air doing unnecessary things would just create lag and annoy server owners as well as other players
That's the best option I think.