Mig-41 Firefly Pack

Large packs consisting of more than one type of aircraft.
Deleted User 2433

Mig-41 Firefly Pack

Post by Deleted User 2433 »

It's finally done! I present the Mig-41 Firefly in various versions and paints.

Copyrights:

This aircraft was constructed from scratch by me using Abiator's concept with his permission.

The model uses the landing gear from the CEP F-35 and the Ikaros, Engine core from the SARF F-22, Cockpit from the XLP F-22 with details from Darkness Of Enigma's HD XFA-27. Weapons were from the CEP Mig-29K. Various decals were from Grigor, XLP and various UPEO decals from an older SARF pack. Last but not least, the awesome nosewheel on the naval variants was provided by Hornet with his gracious permission.

You are allowed to repaint these models, just make sure to credit me. If you wish to use this plane for your squadron send me a pm and ask, i'll be more than happy to help set up the plane for you.

Enjoy!!!
Attachments
Firefly.zip
To install place the Firefly folder under your User folder and the Air file under your Aircraft folder.
(5.44 MiB) Downloaded 938 times
Last edited by Deleted User 2433 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lorDuckFeet
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: McDonnell Douglas

Re: Mig-41 Firefly Pack

Post by lorDuckFeet »

I'm a simple civil people, but when military package like this comes i feels very excited :lol: .
Excellent job - i like the design, plus the liveries :mrgreen: .
Grigor
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Ball-Bartoe Jetwing

Post by Grigor »

Nice to see some new speculative planes out there. All are beautifully designed with agreeable flight characteristics.
I did however have trouble with the collision, weapon, and other .SRF files, which are structured like .DNM files when opened, causing the program to crash. (This could be because I'm still using version 20120701) Once I edited the SRFs (removing DNMVER etc from the top and FIL / POS / CEN etc from the bottom) everything worked fine. Did anyone else have this problem?
Otherwise, a great set of planes!
Deleted User 2433

Glad you liked it!

I do apologize for the use of dnm's in the srf files place, this was mainly due to a buggy srf export script in blender that would export the file but it'd be empty. I have been slowly working on an updated model that finally got around to all the things i had missed (and problems that i had found only after i had finished most of the repaints). Here's hoping that with a fresh start i can at least attempt some fresh repaints of it, only after i release it for bug finding :lol:

one rather important thing. i know i can do lag testing just by underclocking but i want to know what other people have framerate wise, i am going through and getting rid of things that aren't needed to drop model size but i need a good picture of how much i need to work everything in order to allow people with far less powerful computers to enjoy this plane.
NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Post by NightRaven »

Swift wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:29 amthis was mainly due to a buggy srf export script in blender that would export the file but it'd be empty.
You need to select the object to be exported before exporting.
Deleted User 2433

NightRaven wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:06 am
Swift wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:29 amthis was mainly due to a buggy srf export script in blender that would export the file but it'd be empty.
You need to select the object to be exported before exporting.
._. seriously, i always deleted everything but that part on export *facedesking hard*
Monoceros
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: Tomcat Series

Post by Monoceros »

I can't remember if you said or not but did this have a GAC version sitting as a coarse model? If so I'd like to doodle around with it since I like how cute the MiG-21 looked and this looks like a modernized redesign of it.
Deleted User 2433

Hmmmm i can hand you the model as it is right now if you'd like to convert it into GAC quality.
NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Post by NightRaven »

Swift wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:44 pm._. seriously, i always deleted everything but that part on export *facedesking hard*
No, you don't just have to delete everything, the object MUST be selected in order to be exported. In fact, you can just select the object without deleting everything else, then exporting to srf while keeping that object selected will export ONLY that selected object. It has always worked well for me.
Monoceros
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: Tomcat Series

Post by Monoceros »

Swift wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:22 pm Hmmmm i can hand you the model as it is right now if you'd like to convert it into GAC quality.
That would be keen. Tanks a lot, general.