[AIRCRAFT] Mig-41 Firefly-G

Discuss addon releases that fall under the "Aircraft" category.
Swift
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Mig-41 Firefly, Mig-21, F/A-53A Foxtrot

[AIRCRAFT] Mig-41 Firefly-G

Post by Swift » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:07 pm

Ahhhh finally. This is a beta of the revised Mig-41, only includes a single paint. No instrument panel at this time either. The vector thrust key controls the outer pylons, bomb bay key controls wing fold and canopy, flarepod displays the two inner pylons, and the reverse thrust key triggers the weapons bays.

Credits go to Abiator for the original Mig-41 concept, CEP and SAP for various landing gear parts, and OTMP for the cockpit.

Feedback is encouraged as this is to find additional bugs that I missed on my own.

This does use a new dat that allows the plane to pull the Cobra, i'm still working on a G-limiter that'll work with this dat so yes I do realize this plane can turn unrealistically tight

To install: Place the Firefly 2.0 folder in your User folder and the Firefly 2.0 lst in your Aircraft folder.

You're free to repaint this as you see fit, if you wish to finish the aircraft just make sure to credit me in your release.
Attachments
Firefly2.0.zip
(386.67 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
Last edited by Swift on Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grigor
Contributor
Contributor

Re: [AIRCRAFT] Mig-41 Firefly-G

Post by Grigor » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:22 pm

Ahoy, Swift! Your new Mig-41 is certainly an improvement - nice to see you got rid of those WAY-overly-complicated dorsal vents and got the DNM down to a more reasonable size. There is some nice, fine detail on the model also. But again I had to manually edit the ff_cock.srf and ff_coll.srf files as they had the internal structure of a dnm. I know this is a Blender-related problem, but did your planes not cause a program crash once the view got to a certain distance? Easily fixed once you know what to do, but it might cause some to reject your plane out of hand...
While I'm critiquing (constructively, I hope!) why didn't you have the bomb doors activated by the bomb bay CLA 9? It's a bit alarming in mid-flight thinking you're about to open the bay doors, and the canopy opens.
Still one of the better fictional planes I've encountered. When do we see the other variants again?

Swift
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Swift » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:05 am

Grigor wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:22 pm
Ahoy, Swift! Your new Mig-41 is certainly an improvement - nice to see you got rid of those WAY-overly-complicated dorsal vents and got the DNM down to a more reasonable size. There is some nice, fine detail on the model also. But again I had to manually edit the ff_cock.srf and ff_coll.srf files as they had the internal structure of a dnm. I know this is a Blender-related problem, but did your planes not cause a program crash once the view got to a certain distance? Easily fixed once you know what to do, but it might cause some to reject your plane out of hand...
While I'm critiquing (constructively, I hope!) why didn't you have the bomb doors activated by the bomb bay CLA 9? It's a bit alarming in mid-flight thinking you're about to open the bay doors, and the canopy opens.
Still one of the better fictional planes I've encountered. When do we see the other variants again?
Helps a ton! I usually use CLA 11 for weapons bays so that i can pop them open, launch a missile/bomb, then they close on their own. I have a feeling the cockpit and collision were the two files i missed since i just used those from the old firefly. As for other variants i'm aiming to start repainting some along with the S-53 so that i can release a cohesive pack. Now that i think about it, i might use CLA 11 for the side bays with the main bay being CLA 9, more like what i've seen lately

Thanks for the input though, this helps me a lot.

Swift
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Swift » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:16 pm

Post updated with some information.