2017 International YSFlight Exposition

YSFlight general discussion & everything in between
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Re: 2017 International YSFlight Exposition

Post by Flake »

Long story short don't re-invent the wheel - follow the history of ysflight events and look at how they were run. Do the same thing. You got this!
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Zack
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Fighting Falcon

Post by Zack »

We've been doing it in a way for years and years. why fix somthing that aint broke?
ZyreaxGaming_YT
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: mc-21 (Commercial), A-7 (Military), Co50 (Private)

Post by ZyreaxGaming_YT »

I really like seeing these ideas, trust me. Many of these will probably be used in the event itself, but I want to clear something up. This event is not supposed to be like the rest. It's supposed to bring every and all of the aspects of YSFlight and this community together. As you may know, I was just accepted into Grun Solutions PMC right before they collapsed. It, in my opinion, ripped up our combat community. Flake, i'm not sure if you know this yet or if you've taken a look see at the HQ boards the day you left. The HQ was madness, and I won't even get into what was going on discord. It was insanity. That same day, GrunSol's YSFlight Division shut down and Nodoka Hanamura left that same day. We had to pick up the pieces from that point on. As you see, many things have changed, and in my opinion, they have changed for the worse. As you may notice there is now a new military alliance, "NUN," or as I continue to call it, as it was intended to be named, "NUNIMF." I'm not sure if i've openly said this on YSFHQ, but it took me a day or two to haul ass and get Palm Security into it. A day later, I left and went against the odds and became a somewhat successful third party factor because I felt my squad was treated unfairly. Palm Security did somewhat well as a third party unit, that was until I began to loosen up on server flying. It's been pretty quiet here and I hope your return may change that tide. 2IYE is supposed to bring the "old" days back. I, amongst many people, want to see a rise in civilian and, as you can see, military action on YSFlight. I want to bring this community back together, as I feel it has been ripped apart and, yes, I want to kick some more ass kicking (in a good way) on the servers. I hope this event can do just that.:D
Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction. ~ John F. Kennedy
Deleted User 1872

Post by Deleted User 1872 »

ZyreaxGaming_YT wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:32 pm I really like seeing these ideas, trust me. Many of these will probably be used in the event itself, but I want to clear something up. This event is not supposed to be like the rest. It's supposed to bring every and all of the aspects of YSFlight and this community together. As you may know, I was just accepted into Grun Solutions PMC right before they collapsed. It, in my opinion, ripped up our combat community. Flake, i'm not sure if you know this yet or if you've taken a look see at the HQ boards the day you left. The HQ was madness, and I won't even get into what was going on discord. It was insanity. That same day, GrunSol's YSFlight Division shut down and Nodoka Hanamura left that same day. We had to pick up the pieces from that point on. As you see, many things have changed, and in my opinion, they have changed for the worse. As you may notice there is now a new military alliance, "NUN," or as I continue to call it, as it was intended to be named, "NUNIMF." I'm not sure if i've openly said this on YSFHQ, but it took me a day or two to haul ass and get Palm Security into it. A day later, I left and went against the odds and became a somewhat successful third party factor because I felt my squad was treated unfairly. Palm Security did somewhat well as a third party unit, that was until I began to loosen up on server flying. It's been pretty quiet here and I hope your return may change that tide. 2IYE is supposed to bring the "old" days back. I, amongst many people, want to see a rise in civilian and, as you can see, military action on YSFlight. I want to bring this community back together, as I feel it has been ripped apart and, yes, I want to kick some more ass kicking (in a good way) on the servers. I hope this event can do just that.:D
...what does this have to do with the event? lol
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE »

FYI, you're still new here. Grun shutting down and Nodoka leaving was probably one of the most peaceful types of drama I've ever seen in this place. Literally only you and a few others were affected, but no the community was not collapsed or anything near that and the combat community is still about as good as it was before it happened. Quit dragging it around like it was some sort of great awakening.

As for your event, it is clear that you want a very large, all inclusive type of thing. I will tell you now, AirFest is as close as you're gonna get. Last year being the 5th year, I tried yet again to incorporate as much of YS multiplayer as possible. I think your best bet is to host it as one particular thing first (i.e. air show, fly in, dogfight) and throw in the rest around it. This way people know what you want mainly, then allow room for the others to happen. It is difficult to set up organized combat so good luck with that. The air show part depends what you want, and coordinate with the civilian gurus on running a fly in or ATC session.

All in all, it could work, it just needs to be a bit more focused and don't expect every event to shine as much as the last. You might get a bunch of people who want to fly in or ATC but many less who want to loop and roll and shoot missiles.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer
ZyreaxGaming_YT
Contributor
Contributor

Really, really, really overdue weekly update:
So, it's been quite some time since I did a weekly update for 2IYE. Well here it is! I've spend a lot (and by a lot, you can assume I mean probably a month or so) pondering all of your ideas. Especially @VNAF ONE. Yes @VNAF ONE, I think your ideas now going to be the solid plan (the core idea of base around one aspect, add the others, not the whole GrunSolutions and community collapse, you know what, I'm sorry for dragging all that in here, but yeah you should get my point) for 2IYE in the future. To answer you're point that I shouldn't expect this to be as good as the others, I ain't expecting that. I'm working towards that. So onto other points for 2IYE, I will be preparing Palm Security for more of a "Peacekeeper" role as well as a "Policing" role ( if any of you all have added the LSPDFR mod for GTA V, please note the harrier police plane, it's a thing). I have also received a request from Dragon Mech, the genius behind the new GrunSol pack that I'm dubbing the "take whatever you can grab, we gotta get out of this mofo" pack (take it as a compliment Dragon) that looks beautiful (the pack, not the catch phrase) has applied to be a PRIVATE MILITARY ASSISTANT on behalf of Dragon Mech Industries. I'm very excited to have some great and talented help on the protection detail for 2IYE. Other than that, all former statistics remain the same.
Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction. ~ John F. Kennedy
ZyreaxGaming_YT
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone remember Coop's YSFlight Aerobatic Expo? Well, you will now! The debut video for Zyreax Playz's channel!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp9_L_zaUOM&t=70s
Now onto 2IYE! I am still settling on a date for it to occur. I think i'll settle for sometime in the next month, but not interfere with upcoming shows. If your VA has not uploaded a 5 aircraft pack, please do so ASAP. It will be very essential that I have all of these.
Much thanks,
Zyreax "Zy" Playz
Zack
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Fighting Falcon

Post by Zack »

you have been setting back dates for 5 months now, I highly doubt people will even want to go anymore... every update is a "no date yet". I personally wont be attending if it ever does happen.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

Sorry to say but likewise. Get organised or cancel, Zy.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5

Post by Nodoka Hanamura »

I have to side with Flake and Zack. Zyreax, you can't do this crap and expect people to be supportive. You can only postpone so much before people say "to hell with it, it's not going to happen anyways". It's the same crap you see on Kickstarter. Once it's funded, companies run off with your hard earned dosh, and leave you with nothing, much like this - You're taking people's time and bandwidth for this thread and wasting it. I've talked with many people here at HQ during my absence to peek in, and from what I've seen At this point, GrunSol Civil Services hosting a Airshow would have more luck being successful than this, given our reputation.

To rephrase what Flake said - Shit or get off the pot.
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Member of YSCE Development Committee - I don't code, I compile.
ZyreaxGaming_YT
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys, I found a server. :D
KM6BZH
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Mitsubishi Zero

Post by KM6BZH »

Nodoka Hanamura wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:17 pm I have to side with Flake and Zack. Zyreax, you can't do this crap and expect people to be supportive. You can only postpone so much before people say "to hell with it, it's not going to happen anyways". It's the same crap you see on Kickstarter. Once it's funded, companies run off with your hard earned dosh, and leave you with nothing, much like this - You're taking people's time and bandwidth for this thread and wasting it. I've talked with many people here at HQ during my absence to peek in, and from what I've seen At this point, GrunSol Civil Services hosting a Airshow would have more luck being successful than this, given our reputation.

I have an objection here... this is way too strong language. I'm not trying to start a fight with my ally (grun), but please, everyone stop using such strong language. I'm tired of this community going into a fight because of it or people getting their feeling hurt.
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by VNAF ONE »

I can understand how it may sound like strong language, especially if english isn't your first, but I can tell you it's not really as strong as you think. The intent of the post was rather direct, but the language isn't what I would consider "strong".

I also hope that people try not to be totally sensitive here and offended by everything because that is 99% of the problem right there. Take the advice or criticism and build on it. Prove people wrong by doing things. Don't be butthurt because someone told you the truth. I hope that is what happens here because it would be nice to see more events around to get people together and make it seem like we actually do things.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon »

ZyreaxGaming_YT wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 1:36 am Hey guys, I found a server. :D
^ Did nobody notice this? :D It sounds like this is happening.
KM6BZH
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Mitsubishi Zero

Post by KM6BZH »

VNAF ONE wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 3:34 amI can understand how it may sound like strong language, especially if english isn't your first, but I can tell you it's not really as strong as you think. The intent of the post was rather direct, but the language isn't what I would consider "strong".
Well, I'm really offended now. I'm serious. Just because I am Japanese doesn't mean that I don't know English.
My point is, I don't care about the swearing and all, I do that too, I just am not happy the way people insult other people's work and add insults onto an advice. It makes an advice seem like an attack. It isn't very constructive, and will not help the HQ or you.
Greenhorn
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A320, B737, F-5E, Gripen, Mirage F-1

Post by Greenhorn »

Right, sorry to butt in here...

I believe what VNAF is trying to say is, though one may be able to speak English well, there are some phrases that look harsher than they really are. He made no comment on your English proficiency, but rather that you're finding offense in things that need not be taken as offense.
I think this will be a good example of phrases that sound harsh (or insulting) but ultimately is constructive criticism.
Nodoka Hanamura wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:17 pm I have to side with Flake and Zack. Zyreax, you can't do this crap and expect people to be supportive. You can only postpone so much before people say "to hell with it, it's not going to happen anyways". It's the same crap you see on Kickstarter. Once it's funded, companies run off with your hard earned dosh, and leave you with nothing, much like this - You're taking people's time and bandwidth for this thread and wasting it. I've talked with many people here at HQ during my absence to peek in, and from what I've seen At this point, GrunSol Civil Services hosting a Airshow would have more luck being successful than this, given our reputation.

Let's take a few phrases that contains the swear words/ insults:

"...you can't do this crap and expect people to be supportive."
The word crap in this instance is not calling Zy crap, but rather referring to the unorganized and delayed nature of the airshow. Constant delays and unorganized events, I think we can agree are generally negative.

"to hell with it, it's not going to happen anyways"
The phrase "to hell with it" can be seen as "Why bother". People will get frustrated due to the constant delays, and will not bother to check in since they think another delay is about to happen anyway.

"It's the same crap you see on Kickstarter."
Again, crap is used as a reference to unappealing practices.

"To rephrase what Flake said - Shit or get off the pot."
This I believe is what you might have taken the most offense to, as it looks like the most abrasive sentence here. There may be a swear word here, but ultimately, the meaning is: "If you're gonna keep delaying and putting it off, don't do it at all", or similar. The point is that if you're not going to poop and you're going to sit on the toilet all day, you're pretty much wasting everyone's time, the the venue could have been used to better effect by someone else.

None of these examples, at the end of the day, is insulting Zy himself directly.

I hope this cleared up some things, though let's not derail this further.

Good luck with this Zy!
The War RoomImageMalaysiaball, 2nd from the left
Triggered easily, do not startle

A firm believer of using UTC times for international events
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by VNAF ONE »

KM6BZH wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 4:23 am Well, I'm really offended now. I'm serious. Just because I am Japanese doesn't mean that I don't know English.
My point is, I don't care about the swearing and all, I do that too, I just am not happy the way people insult other people's work and add insults onto an advice. It makes an advice seem like an attack. It isn't very constructive, and will not help the HQ or you.
Well, you didn't really need to take any offense at my comments but since you did, let me tell you personally that I was not insulting your English proficiency. As Greenhorn mentioned, I was only trying to point out that you may have (and in this case probably did) misunderstand the base meaning of the comments you were referring to which I feel may be a cultural/language barrier that we all face. I work at an international flight school, so trust me, I am very aware and cautious about these barriers as they come up several times a day and can make for some truly awkward situations.

Yes, there has been some overly negative stuff going on and I think the admins do a good job at taking care of that. Even more so, the report post feature really hasn't gone anywhere so try using it to point things out to the admins and let them take action on it before you go on making topics about things like that. It's a little unfair to those who are trying to do things the right way in my opinion.

I agree with you by the way. So don't take offense to that. Sheesh.