Current Projects

YSFlight addon development, questions, tutorials, & more!
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Re: Current Projects

Post by Neocon »

I got the front landing gear and doors put together, then I made cowl vents under the engines that operate as VG parts. They close at 35-40kts.
Current Baron 58 progress.
Current Baron 58 progress.
Just a reminder: The PMNV Development Center at Groom Lake is protected by balloon-mounted guns (as seen in the background)
Monoceros
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: Tomcat Series

Post by Monoceros »

Copperhead wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 3:36 pm CAN WE WHISPER AND YELL?

Original YF-23 model was from the CEP pack, but I totally reshaped it according to the YF-23's blueprint's, pretty much an entirely new model at this point. Anyhow, did this one up for the VFA-131 as a sort of a special land based reserve aircraft.

<BoH
Is that a GAC model? I can't tell. And if so can I has blank?
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

I decided to play around with view positions in my Baron G58 project, but what fun would that be without passengers? I borrowed the pilot from TF58's Cessna and modified it to make a whole group of people.
Exterior view from the F10&quot;Chase Plane&quot;.
Exterior view from the F10"Chase Plane".
There are two rear passenger views. The one on the right looks out the right side toward the front at about 70°, the one on the left looks out the left side toward the back at about 70°. Of course, you can "look around" as with any view point, and see out the windows and the other passengers.
Passenger view 1.
Passenger view 1.
Passenger view 2.
Passenger view 2.
Deleted User 2433

Post by Deleted User 2433 »

Boredom can be quite nice at times. found this P-1112 Aigaion amongst Kira's Vector Thrust addon pack, from the mesh i'd say this was a port from Ace Combat 6 directly (the textures themselves were enough of a hint as well), something interesting to say the least.

Gotta go nuts with a carrier!

Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler »

Swift wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 3:56 am Boredom can be quite nice at times. found this P-1112 Aigaion amongst Kira's Vector Thrust addon pack, from the mesh i'd say this was a port from Ace Combat 6 directly (the textures themselves were enough of a hint as well), something interesting to say the least.

Gotta go nuts with a carrier!

That thing used to be a mennace on the Erict-15 server a while back... so many autogunners :) Oh and the tekiyon pack!
Richard Vo
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A380, JAS-39

Post by Richard Vo »

Patrick31337 wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 5:57 pm I decided to play around with view positions in my Baron G58 project, but what fun would that be without passengers? I borrowed the pilot from TF58's Cessna and modified it to make a whole group of people.
pax.png

There are two rear passenger views. The one on the right looks out the right side toward the front at about 70°, the one on the left looks out the left side toward the back at about 70°. Of course, you can "look around" as with any view point, and see out the windows and the other passengers.
paxview1.png
paxview2.png
That one will be in the next World Airlines VA pack update!
The A380 is ahead of its time. With the resilient passenger traffic growth for times to come (reference from Airbus's Global Market Forecast), plus congested airports, the A380 could not be ignored.

By any chance if you have Instagram, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero and if you have Twitter, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero. Appreciate that!
Krux
CVW-171
CVW-171
Favorite Aircraft: Super Bug

Post by Krux »

Swift wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 3:56 amfound this P-1112 Aigaion amongst Kira's Vector Thrust addon pack
As i once told ya on discord, don't forget to give proper credits. :D
Attention all squads, Freddy Fazbear is now being deployed
Deleted User 2433

Krux wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 5:59 pm
Swift wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 3:56 amfound this P-1112 Aigaion amongst Kira's Vector Thrust addon pack
As i once told ya on discord, don't forget to give proper credits. :D
Especially when i'm not sure who actually made it.
Krux
CVW-171
CVW-171
Favorite Aircraft: Super Bug

Post by Krux »

Swift wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 7:21 pmEspecially when i'm not sure who actually made it
You just have to look at the download page?
STATED IN http://www.moddb.com/games/vector-thrus ... angar-pack
Kira wrote:People:

Ubisoft,Nintendo,Bandai Namco Games,Nelo Rosso,OmegaHyper,AceCombatColonel,Negral01, Wheaton_Adams ,RaptorGod,Yi,zhxhrzs1,Diasmon Aviation, Mr_Nukes, Bagera3003, and a whole more people that i may not remember at this moment and may add afterwards.

Aircraft Companies:
Diasmon Aviation,Boeing,Lockheed Martin,Mitsubishi Heavy Industries,Sukhoi Aviation,Mikhoyan Guerevich Design Bureal,BAE Systems,Embraer, HAL Design Institute,Tupolev Design Bureal,MIL Helicopters,SAAB Aviation,Dassault Aviation,Heinkel Aviation,Horten Design Institute,Gloster,Rockwell Aeronautics,Rectangle,Kyushu Design Bureal,Blizzard Arctica Aviation
Attention all squads, Freddy Fazbear is now being deployed
Deleted User 2433

Krux wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 9:34 pm
Swift wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 7:21 pmEspecially when i'm not sure who actually made it
You just have to look at the download page?
STATED IN http://www.moddb.com/games/vector-thrus ... angar-pack
Kira wrote:People:

Ubisoft,Nintendo,Bandai Namco Games,Nelo Rosso,OmegaHyper,AceCombatColonel,Negral01, Wheaton_Adams ,RaptorGod,Yi,zhxhrzs1,Diasmon Aviation, Mr_Nukes, Bagera3003, and a whole more people that i may not remember at this moment and may add afterwards.

Aircraft Companies:
Diasmon Aviation,Boeing,Lockheed Martin,Mitsubishi Heavy Industries,Sukhoi Aviation,Mikhoyan Guerevich Design Bureal,BAE Systems,Embraer, HAL Design Institute,Tupolev Design Bureal,MIL Helicopters,SAAB Aviation,Dassault Aviation,Heinkel Aviation,Horten Design Institute,Gloster,Rockwell Aeronautics,Rectangle,Kyushu Design Bureal,Blizzard Arctica Aviation
Not exactly what I meant but yeah I read that when I got the pack ;) not like things were explicitly labeled
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

I worked up a simple panel with the G58 screens and gauges (based on stock archer.ist), and also made a landing gear lever with indicator lights and moving yolks.
Pilot's view.
Pilot's view.
Co-Pilot's view.
Co-Pilot's view.
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

Sweeeeeeeeet :D
Image[/align=centre]
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

Since YS doesn't allow toggle switches for lights (they are either visible/flashing or invisible), I compromised with push buttons that light up when the lights are on. Landing/Taxi light buttons will go dark when the gear goes up, because the lights go off when the gear goes up. They all go off when all lights are turned off. Three of the buttons are CLA 30 (on or off), two are CLA 34 (Off with gear up, on with gear down). This also gives another view of the gear lever and indicators. This is from the Co-pilot's view. In pilot view, the instrument panel lines up with the left screen. In Co-pilot view, it lines up with the right screen. That is an actual feature of the new panel in the G58. I highly recommend using the HUD, though, since pulling this off required tiny gauges. ;)
Buttons, levers, and gauges.
Buttons, levers, and gauges.
This is one of the first, completely fictional, paints.
Baron G58
Baron G58
u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya

Post by u2fly »

Patrick31337 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:54 am Since YS doesn't allow toggle switches for lights (they are either visible/flashing or invisible), I compromised with push buttons that light up when the lights are on.
YSFlight allow separating toggle switch for different types of lights!
For example, here is part of custom ASN-file ("ysflightKeyAssign.asn")

Code: Select all

REM Set keys 0..4 for control different lights!
KEY 0 TOGGLELIGHT
KEY 1 TOGGLENAVLIGHT
KEY 2 TOGGLEBEACON
KEY 3 TOGGLESTROBE
KEY 4 TOGGLELANDINGLIGHT
REM List of ButtonFunctions
REM   TOGGLELIGHT Turn On/Off Lights
REM   TOGGLENAVLIGHT Turn On/Off Nav Lights
REM   TOGGLEBEACON Turn On/Off Beacon
REM   TOGGLESTROBE Turn On/Off Strobe
So, you could toggle separatly each type of lights, or toggle all in one click.
Using this keys with combination of few CLA's for each light you can make many variants of how lights on aircraft will work.

P.S.: Will add more details about lights CLA's and each key assignments in next update for YSFlight Handbook soon.

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost
- we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”

pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV [archived]
(31 DEC 2016)
dbd000
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: So long as it isn't fictional, I like it

Post by dbd000 »

Patrick31337 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:54 amThis is one of the first, completely fictional, paints.
Any paints based on real aircraft?

PS: I found one from Tennessee if you are interested (I've put it in the repaint request sheet on row 277. There are also 2 from elsewhere in the US below it).

EDIT:
Link for those who can't be bothered searching through the sub-forums viewtopic.php?f=153&t=9036
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

u2fly wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:38 amYSFlight allow separating toggle switch for different types of lights!
For example, here is part of custom ASN-file ("ysflightKeyAssign.asn")
I should have been more specific. I meant that there is no way to represent those key assignments with a visual model for the switch. For example, if you make a visual model of the switch on the panel for a strobe light, and the model was CLA 32, the visual model of the switch would flash like the strobe light. My work around was to make button-type switches with the lighted indicator as a CLA 30 and CLA 34.

============
EDIT: 3 June 2017
I made a Baron 58TC based on N58BN, which was in the Addon Request Form. I looked up the registration to find that it was a 58TC, which has a turbocharger with 25 extra horsepower per engine, and I'm pretty sure it has the reversible blades, so it has reversing power in the .dat. The engine nacelle in the picture has no scoop on the top or side (that I can see), so I removed it. It also appears to have a three-blade prop.
N58BN
N58BN
Gunny

Post by Gunny »

Even just graphically it adds a bit more continuity and ambiance to the cockpit.Good job Pat :D
Image[/align=centre]
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

I made a Baron 58TC based on N6017S, which was in the Addon Request Form. I looked up the registration to find that it was a 58P. The engine nacelle in the picture has a smaller intake scoop on top and a scoop on the side, so I made those modifications.
Baron 58P based on N6017S.
Baron 58P based on N6017S.
Here is a picture of all the paints I've done so far.
Baron 58 collection.
Baron 58 collection.
Gunny

Post by Gunny »

The P model was called the Cougar.And was a one off modified engine replacement to a Pratt & Whitney PT6A-21 500 shp turbine inline power plant creating 1000hp and a Hartzell 4 blade prop.To my knowledge, only one was ever made the prototype.
Baron Cougar.jpg
Image[/align=centre]
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

Here is the info about N6017S, which shows it as a 58P.

I looked up the Cougar. I might have to make one. It is a conversion of a 58P. I'm not sure I can make those engines, though. I'm not that good with rounded shapes.