Current Projects

YSFlight addon development, questions, tutorials, & more!
Richard Vo
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A380, JAS-39

Re: Current Projects

Post by Richard Vo »

Recognize this cockpit? I made it by myself. It's incomplete.
The A380 is ahead of its time. With the resilient passenger traffic growth for times to come (reference from Airbus's Global Market Forecast), plus congested airports, the A380 could not be ignored.

By any chance if you have Instagram, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero and if you have Twitter, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero. Appreciate that!
lorDuckFeet
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: McDonnell Douglas

Post by lorDuckFeet »

Looking good Richard Vo :) . Keep on modding ;)
Zack
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Fighting Falcon

Post by Zack »

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon »

Since I did the GAC overhaul to make the Baron G58, I thought I should go ahead and give the same treatment to the Bonanza to make the G36. The fuselage is mostly the same, so a lot of work is already done. I just had to reshape the nose of the body to include the engine cowl and prop. I still need paste the prop, wings (also resize), and landing gear from the Baron, make better horizontal and vertical stabilizers, and cut out the moving parts. I'm hoping to have the blank model finished this weekend.
Bonanza G36
Bonanza G36
lorDuckFeet
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by lorDuckFeet »

So today Hotel Sierra have a brother called Alpha Charlie :D
HS uses a CFM56 (CFM56-5B) while AC uses the IAE V2500 (V2500-A1/A5).

Deleted User 1872

Post by Deleted User 1872 »

Revival of an early project. Can't say too much about it ;)
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

N.T.K. huh? ;)
Image[/align=centre]
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

Kujo wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:24 pmRevival of an early project. Can't say too much about it
My head hurts. I think I need to lie down.

So, I decided to compare the fuselage to a background image in gepolyo and found that the cabin was sit back and the nose too long. It took a lot of work, but I got that fixed. I noticed it when I was going to cut out the exhaust pipes in the side, which I just finished.
G36 update
G36 update
ProPilot275
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: A380, A340, F-15, F-16E/F, JAS 39, EF-2000

Post by ProPilot275 »

Can somebody tell me what is the problem here and how can I solve it?
Remember me?
lorDuckFeet
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by lorDuckFeet »

ProPilot275 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:26 pm Can somebody tell me what is the problem here and how can I solve it?
First, nice upgrade (A380Plus). Second, I'm a newbie on modding.
You can solve this by going to Blender and deleting this issue.
-------------
Lucas OR - June 19, 2017
I've spent a lot of fun on my today's modding.
For the first time i've used reference images found on internet to cut the fuselage and tail - Not 100 % accurate, but it's better than my previous ones (I never did that before).
This is the NC (New Colors) of Avianca, i've made a research for the OC (Old Colors) too, but i've decided to do the actual first. When i was almost finishing i noticied the diferent winglets of A320 - So this one is missing the Sharklets. I will later speak with Utachy to see if he allow me to do a simple modification - or i can left the actual until he made them.

As the image show, i've not applied the country flag, website and registration - because he can be used to do the different trademarks of Avianca Holdings (Avianca Colombia, Avianca Brasil, etc) A heavy competitor like Latam Airlines.

I will do the same thing on the OC, but i don't need to worry about the winglets :lol:
More pics TBA as well on Twitter, as my modding steps continue.
190617bl1.png
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

ProPilot275 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:26 pmCan somebody tell me what is the problem here and how can I solve it?
Is that the port-side winglet? Why is it there? Open it up and see if it is the child to something it shouldn't be.
DuckFeet97LOR wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:52 pmI've spent a lot of fun on my today's modding.
You did a good job on that tail paint. It looks good.

===========

And here is my current project. I've got two paints done on my Bonanza.

* One is supposedly a real-world paint, but when I looked up the registration number it had a very different paint job. From what I can make out, I think Beechcraft made a rendering of what their new Sport Package will look like and used one of their real registration numbers. I don't know if they have actually produced a G36 with the Sport Package yet or not.
* The second is based on the Bonanza KSH painted for Gunny with the fictional N1952J registration number.
G36 Progress
G36 Progress
Richard Vo
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A380, JAS-39

Post by Richard Vo »

Problem fixed and the A380Plus is ready to soar! :D :D :D
The A380 is ahead of its time. With the resilient passenger traffic growth for times to come (reference from Airbus's Global Market Forecast), plus congested airports, the A380 could not be ignored.

By any chance if you have Instagram, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero and if you have Twitter, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero. Appreciate that!
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

I've made some more progress on paints. I want to do one more before I release the pack.
G36 progress
G36 progress
This plane is my most recent paint. While researching it I found that the pilot crashed after engine trouble in Florida. It brushed the roof on a house and landed in the back yard. The pilot was transported to a hospital with minor injuries. I couldn't find any more about it. I'm pretty sure I remember this one being on the news when it happened.
N936B
N936B
u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya

Post by u2fly »

Patrick31337 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:00 am I've made some more progress on paints. I want to do one more before I release the pack.
BonanzaG36.png

This plane is my most recent paint. While researching it I found that the pilot crashed after engine trouble in Florida. It brushed the roof on a house and landed in the back yard. The pilot was transported to a hospital with minor injuries. I couldn't find any more about it. I'm pretty sure I remember this one being on the news when it happened.
bonanza N936B.png
This - https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=174798

Also, many Bonanza crashed already - https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/db ... er=datekey

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost
- we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”

pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV [archived]
(31 DEC 2016)
lorDuckFeet
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by lorDuckFeet »

Thank you Patrick31337. Looking good your efforts at modding an general aviation.
Glad you fixed it Richard Vo.
I've started the fleet 4 of YSBRA Group, the B737-200 will return with a new fuselage and minor improvements.
Yesterday i've enjoyed my trial of Google Sketchup to export some materials from the Skecthup Library. With lucky i find a great model of the 737-200 and i've used only the fuselage, very clean except the windows and doors that i removed later.
The doors and windows i did from zero using an decal image. Also i edited a little the engines.
As you can see the cockpit is very simple, i've not find any good decal for the cockpit/instruments (Most of them was panels for FSX/FS9 lol). Making instruments is not my paradise - but my greatest one was made for DC-9.
And the comparison with the original model made by Top Gun Creations - which used a Boeing 737-300 made by Takaty as base model.
I still need to fix the collision model (still from 733).
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

Lucas, it's looking good.
u2fly wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:53 amAlso, many Bonanza crashed already
Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and The Big Bopper, all died in a Bonanza crash, which inspired the song "American Pie." Jim Reeves and Randy Rhoads are two other musicians who died in Bonanza crashes. Even the co-founder of Apple crashed a Bonanza, but he survived it.

This is a sort of tribute to a record-sitting Bonanza 35 v-tail, N80040 "Waikiki Beech" that was flown non-stop from Hawaii to New Jersey in the 1940s. I used the fictional N840WB and added the "Waikiki Beech" name. Like N936B, this plane includes 2, 20-gallon Tip Tanks, which will significantly improve its range, but not nearly as much as the additional fuel capacity of the real "Waikiki Beech", which had a range over 5000 miles.
Waikiki Beech N840WB
Waikiki Beech N840WB
Deleted User 2433

Post by Deleted User 2433 »

So I got bored..

Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan »

Patrick31337 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:39 pm...which will significantly improve its range, but not nearly as much as the additional fuel capacity of the real "Waikiki Beech", which had a range over 5000 miles.
Nothing a little .dat file work can't take care of. :twisted:
Gunny
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

Aircraft of this class do not have drop tanks, so it's all good Pat :)
Takes a couple of days of work and your $ 1st born male child to install these Aux. tanks and rewire for lights and Aux. fuel instrumentation.Not to mention the plumbing involved.
Image[/align=centre]
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

I was reading about the tanks on a Beechcraft forum. Most of the people there said they used them more for being able to choose where to refuel to get the better price than to extend non-stop flying time. What's the point of being able to fly non-stop for 1,400 miles when the kids need to stop for a bathroom break every 400 miles, anyway?
Not to mention that several of them talked about the pumps for the tip tanks failing. :shock:

I am probably going to do a couple more paints. I already did a new one today, based on one based in Tennessee.
More G36.
More G36.