Current Projects

YSFlight addon development, questions, tutorials, & more!
PilotC
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: _

Re: Current Projects

Post by PilotC »

Me when I remebered this was a thing on the 2015 paint
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon »

Gunny suggested a push back truck. I thought this one was interesting.
heavy aircraft tug
heavy aircraft tug
Hornet
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F/A-18F Super Hornet

Post by Hornet »

It's been over a month since I posted my last post on FHQ. Here is some news from my F/A-18E/F Project.
Making new F414 is quite funny work for me. Probably because it was more than I imagined.
Despite this cool enough, I don't like the look in the Afterburner state. So I have removed this for now.
Let's move on to the development of the cockpit. I have re-created two MFDs to change fonts and reduce vertices.
(MFD with HARM)
(MFD with 12 AMRAAM and 2 Super Sidewinder)

This is the hardest part. To express the various arm capabilities of Super Hornet, I decided to create MFD in a variety of situations. This will take a considerable amount of time, since it will be creating more than 10 MFDs.
This is the most recent one. If you like to fly at YS FLIGHT in night scene, I think you will like this too.
Cockpit light for pilots flying at night! Currently, it is being operated with formation lights using the I key. If you have any other ideas, please let me know. Page Up / Down is already in use for Wing Folding.
(Night flight with aircraft lights)
Now let's move on to the field of weapons. The former Fuel Tank that I use for Super Hornet is from Hornet which was made by Decaff. And I recognized this is not fit with Super Hornet. So I develope another Fuel Tank for Super Hornet.
The Fuel Tank behind is what I made, and the one in front is Decaff's Hornet Fuel Tank.
I will finish this post with several photos of the Super Hornet AAM experiment.
And here is a Google Sheet that lists the painting tasks. If you are interested, please take a look.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=drivesdk

If you have any questions or suggestions about this project, please feel free to PM me by forum or any SNS at any time. I will be able to respond as soon as I see it. Thank you.
Member of YS Flight Korea, Mad Shark Joint Force
YS FLIGHT F/A-18 Rhino Demonstration Team
President of MIRAE Airways
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

All these hornet mods are giving me intense feelings.

Coop, please take your time on that tail art. It looks absolutely amazing so far and you are really doing the real life counterpart justice.

Hornet, I'm loving all the light and HUD details on that superbug.

it's great to see the pit internals get some much needed love on current projects in general. We spend most of our time here as pilots, it makes sense to make it beautiful. For true beauty is on the inside.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

As some of you may know, I am not a big fan of military aircraft. But damn talent is talent and these guys have it to spare.Detail to your heart's content guys there beautiful.
Image[/align=centre]
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan »

Gunny wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:12 amAs some of you may know, I am not a big fan of military aircraft. But damn talent is talent and these guys have it to spare.Detail to your heart's content guys there beautiful.
What he said.
Mog
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: F/A-18E/F, EA-18G, Advanced Super Hornet

Post by Mog »

Coop wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:38 pmCanadian CF-18 Repaint
We Canadians know how to paint an aircraft!
Vic Viper
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: de Havilland Mosquito

Post by Vic Viper »

My personal Mustang "what if?"

Best parts of a Mk24 spitfire, SeaFire, F4U5N Corsair, and a SeaHorse

Contra rotating props to handle the 3200hp out of the racing tuned Griffon engine

Carrier capable as well

Released!
VFA-49 FORUM

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg...and my arm...even my fingers. The body I've lost...the comrades I've lost...won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you? I'm going to make them give back our past"
Mog
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: F/A-18E/F, EA-18G, Advanced Super Hornet

Post by Mog »

Vic Viper wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:26 am My personal Mustang "what if?"

Best parts of a Mk24 spitfire, SeaFire, F4U5N Corsair, and a SeaHorse
Can confirm, it flies real good ;)

ModEdit: Do you really need to quote the entire post if it was literally the most recent post in the thread? Please don't repeat image postings if you don't have to. :)
Deleted User 2433

Post by Deleted User 2433 »

Vic Viper
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: de Havilland Mosquito

Post by Vic Viper »

More love for WW2 design! This time the lovely de Havilland Mosquito, with some changes

New Griffon engines, rated at 2050hp each (from a mk22 Spitfire)

Basically, I've united the night fighter and fighter/bomber versions into one package, and added a small twin MG in the back for the co-pilot (for protection)

4 .303 Browning MG's and 4 Short-barreled, electrically fired hispano 20mm cannons

Also coming soon!
VFA-49 FORUM

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg...and my arm...even my fingers. The body I've lost...the comrades I've lost...won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you? I'm going to make them give back our past"
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

I'm working on a small map with three military air bases. I've finished the three air bases, so all I need to do is make the landscape into which they will be inserted.
RAF Waddington
RAF Waddington
RAF Cranwell
RAF Cranwell
RAF Coningsby
RAF Coningsby
Deleted User 1872

Post by Deleted User 1872 »

Dear god, this is the most detail I have ever seen on RAF bases! You've got my attention, so finish it! :D
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

There is still some work to do, but I merged the three airports into a larger scenery.
Lincolnshire, UK
Lincolnshire, UK
tigershark
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: uk & germany fighter

Post by tigershark »

i just practicing my aircraft skin on the x-49 gac. from acp3
Deleted User 2433

I've made a very small step forwards on the overdue F-22 (uggghhh rhymes).

Getting some work done on the cockpit with some help from CEP and google.

APU anyone?

Even took the time to make some new tires for this too!

Little bit more detail to the bays, debating if I want to make some hydraulic pistons too.

waspe414
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Kiowa, Mitten, Hornet

Post by waspe414 »

Hornet wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:32 am Image
Cockpit light for pilots flying at night! Currently, it is being operated with formation lights using the I key. If you have any other ideas, please let me know. Page Up / Down is already in use for Wing Folding.
Hoooooly crap.

Bomb bay works well as a toggle animation. If you have a boolean tied to something that occurs only when the aircraft is stopped, like wing folding or canopy opening, you can set the VGW animation to it, and set the sweep speeds to -1 and 0 in the .dat. That way it will only trigger manually (though I think you have to hold it). I'm not sure what happens with 0 and 0. The reverse thrust CLA should also be free, but will only trigger when the button is held down (on aircraft without a thrust reverser in the .dat it doesn't mess with the throttle though).

If you free up the thrust vector animation, you could use its normal eight(?) steps (when using buttons) to display different data on the MFDs.
Actual UltraViolet
Image Image
I stole your turnip. Now you must come and defend your honour. ~ Hank Green
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 »

waspe414 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:56 amIf you free up the thrust vector animation, you could use its normal eight(?) steps (when using buttons) to display different data on the MFDs.
I think this could totally be do-able. If you imagine a pretty fat cone, with the displays on the fat end, you could orient the code such that only one display was outside the instrument panel at once...It might not work with larger displays, but certainly with smaller features. No reason that multiple smaller cones could control a single display. :o
Anyway, the thrust vector animation would be applied to the cone and so when each position is stepped thru, the display would change. Since it happens quick in-game, you might be able to get away with more than otherwise.

I am really tempted to try something like this on a passenger aircraft, where you have more space behind the instrument panel and the fuselage skin. 8-)

Also,
waspe414 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:56 am That way it will only trigger manually (though I think you have to hold it)
If you set up the button right, you can make it freeze in place. I use the period button for reverse thrust, but if I press period, hold shift and release the period button, the animation will stay open. When I toggle period again, it stops the animation. (I use this for bomb-bays on the F-35 because the animation is quick like the real bomb-bay actuation.
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
Deleted User 2433

Made a crap ton of progress on the F-22. Almost finished the cockpit while also figuring out a creative way to get those external ordnance options in one model without taking up any animations.
All Clean

Inner Pylons

Inner & Outer Pylons

Inner & Outer Pylons with dual missile rails.

This is all done using each VT thrust key, 10 for the inner, 12 for the outer, and 13 for the rails. This allows each setup to be reflected with the model. Sadly due to the nature of YS, the dat cannot be forced to limit hardpoints based off what the model is currently showing. At the same time the dat has to be set up with a special AIM-120 skin that would allow the same placement of the fuel tanks on the outer pylons but allowing it to force an AIM-120 in a different place should the pilot desire. The offset itself shouldn't be an issue, just hope ghost smoke isn't a bother. However there are other possibilities I have yet to test so this will be interesting. Let's just say I'm going beyond what any YS mod has seen as of late in this area. The new Radar is tied to the Left MFD, while this may not be true to life in some MFD states it allows for some off the shelf detection method for aircraft. We've seen that odd F-5 that had a working radar tracking system thanks to creative auto-gunner use, so seeing an F-22 using it in maybe two ways (on MFD and on HUD if possible.) should be quite a ride.

Sometimes the Radar will track two targets, sometimes it tracks one, it's not 100% since auto-gunner behavior is finicky when more planes are tracked by multiple turrets. Usually the gunners will concentrate one one target, as we can see below.

The system works rather well, integrating it to an HMDS or just the standard HUD should prove interesting as alignment will be key.

The Radar also happens to track things behind you

Closeup of the cockpit without the Radar. This doesn't show the new panel that was installed, nor the new canopy mesh, but all in all this is a much better model than my original HD F-22 attempt. Rather than throwing random crap in an attempt to up the detail, taking the time to make things right is paying off, and it also affords me the chance to try out some things. The attitude indicator was homemade based off the real deal and the right MFD shows an aircraft situation display. Not sure if the real F-22 has this, or at least in this view, but it'll afford me some extra animation room in the cockpit for control surfaces and such.
Image The more I work on this the more thankful I become for Zephyr's effort when he made the original F-22, almost no external work was needed. On that radar system, I'm not sure who made it so IDK who to credit there, but I wasn't the genius behind that :lol:
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 »

Nice looking updates! :D

I fixed my ghosting issue with the F-35 and the different bomb diameters. I simply offset the bomb mesh lower or higher so that the same global position could be used while still having the same contact point with the pylon. I defaulted to the GBU-12 for spacing and offset everything relative to that.
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database