A few things I'd like to say.

Introductions, birthdays, and special announcements.
bernholm
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: 777-9X

A few things I'd like to say.

Post by bernholm »

WARNING: LONG POST!

Let's see... where do I begin?

It's been... what, 3 years now? Man, it seems like it's been so much longer.

Anyways, before I really get started... Hi there. I can't quite introduce myself, because I'm not sure who I really am myself.

Some of you may remember "bernholm" as that irksome kid who seemed to be everywhere on the forums. Some of you may remember him as a good friend who was devoted to the game we all know and love. Some of you may not have even heard of him.

I don't know where I stand on this, myself.

I've had the past 3 years to grow up, and move on in life. However, I came to realize that those two are not necessarily the same thing.

When I look back on my old posts throughout the forums, I come to realize how much I've changed. I see what I was like 3 years ago and say to myself, "wow, I was really immature back then." In fact, I'll probably think the same thing of my current self when I look back again in another 3 years. :lol:

Of course, I never realized what I was like back then, because I didn't have any frame of reference for my maturity. I thought I was pretty mature. I didn't realize the ceiling was much higher than where I was at.

So why did I take a 3-year hiatus?

Well, first of all, school began to get pretty intense. I was devoting more and more of my time to work, and less of my time to leisure.

Secondly, I've moved all over the globe in the past 2 years. I've spent time in at least 5 different locations in 3 different countries. This, on top of schoolwork, makes it very hard to stay focused on one thing for a long period of time.

Thirdly - and this may be just me - I can't really play one game for more than a few months at a time. I had to stop at some point. However, I have finally exhausted all my other game options, and at the same time I've longed to re-enter the YSFlight community.

However, that's not an easy task. The community has changed so much since I left, I don't know if I can even come back and still be the same person. If I come back as who I was 3 years ago, will that be who I really am? Will I be able to live with myself? These are some of the many questions I have to consider. And it isn't just about rejoining YSFHQ, either.

By the way, if you're still reading, I'm sorry I'm using up so much of your time, and I thank you for devoting so much of your attention to my rambling. It really means quite a bit to me.

Anyways, my life situation right now is not the easiest one to devote time to YSFlight. But YSFlight isn't the only reason I came back. The other reason is because there are so many people here that I love talking to, and lately there's been a slight shortage of that.

So yeah, that's a pretty decent preview of what I'm going through right now. I wouldn't say I'm fully back. In fact, I doubt I could ever truly be who I was in 2013 ever again. So for those of you who knew bernholm in 2013, that person is gone - for the most part.

In reality, while I can never truly never be my past self again, I can also never truly let go of who I was. So 2013 bernholm is not COMPLETELY gone. You'll probably still see a little bit of the autistic behavior I exhibited 3 years ago. (Yes, I do have high-functioning autism, in case you were wondering.)

And much like last time, I probably won't be here to stay permanently. Everyone needs a break now and then. But I'll try to stick around for as long as possible - or at least for as long as you want me here (and I hope the latter is at least as long as the former :mrgreen: ).

How active will I be? Well, that's also hard to say. (I'm really indecisive, aren't I?) Again, I'll try to be as active as possible (obviously not overdoing it - that was one of my flaws in 2013), but if I'm becoming a nuisance again, just let me know and I'll try to rectify the situation.

TL;DR It's good to be back. Hello again, YSFHQ. :)

-bernholm
Zack
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Fighting Falcon

Re: A few things I'd like to say.

Post by Zack »

Hey bernholm. no matter how long you stay here or your just visiting you are welcome. hehe. you may not remember me but i do remember you! but still glad to see you here man. :D
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

That was quite the philosophical treatise Bernholm ;) But really it was not necessary for you to spill your guts to us.We are open 24 hours a day 365.And you will always be welcome here.I do remember you and you did contribute while you where here.So come as often or as sporadic as life takes you.Just remember you are a member and that is for as long as you want that to be. :)
Image[/align=centre]
Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5

Post by Nodoka Hanamura »

I have to agree with Ol' Gunny here. I will welcome you with open arms, just like the rest of us, and you're always welcome to come and go as you need or please.
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Member of YSCE Development Committee - I don't code, I compile.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

Lol GTFO Bernholm.
Loljk. Welcome back man! It's awesome to see you again, hope you are doing well.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon »

How many people came and left during that period from 2011-2014 when I wasn't active? This is like the third time somebody came back who I don't remember.
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler »

Hi Berny
bernholm
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bernholm »

Oh, another bit of information I neglected to include.
Some of you may remember that I lived in Hong Kong while i was last here. I have since moved to Singapore, and am going to school in the US. (That's what I mean by "all over the place")
So I may be a bit wacky with the ol' timezones :lol:
V8-DLA
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 787

Post by V8-DLA »

Hi Bern.

FEEL THE BERN!!! :lol: :lol:
Currently inactive,may return soon.
bernholm
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bernholm »

well this panned out.

(Also did NOT mean to hard bump this oops
If it's really bad you can delete this lol)
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

Guess who's back. Back again. Bernholm's back. Tell a friend.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!