Thanks everybody

Introductions, birthdays, and special announcements.
Scarecrow
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: T-50B

Thanks everybody

Post by Scarecrow »

In what appears to be a string of recent postings, I figured I too would give a final so-long.

First off, I want to say thanks to everybody for making YS what it (once) was. I have no idea how many hours or days or months of my life I have dedicated to this game, but it has been a significant part of my life as a whole. Life now is busy, and the real-world of aviation and air shows is growing rapidly much like YS once did back in the golden years probably a decade ago. I've been making the transition away for years, back and forth, but now with a busy schedule and DCS to whet my simulator appetite, all great things must eventually come to an end.

I just wanted to say that I have very much appreciated the friendships (of all forms!) fostered here going back all the way to the YSP1 days. It's been the longest time since I've even booted YS (my new computer doesn't even have an install), but every map and every airplane has a story to it and they'll continue to be etched into my memory.
It was through YSFlight I have formed many life-long friends who to this day we continue to communicate and often fly to visit each other on occasion for air shows and aviation events. A big thank you to those who have contributed to make YS & YSFHQ a great place. It really has been wonderful.

I'll likely still creep here and there to see what's going on, hoping for something fascinating to creep up, but the daily trend seems to be slower and slower.. For those who wish to find me, PM's still work (I'll still get an e-mail) and of course you are likely able to find me at an air show somewhere across the country as it becomes a full-time endeavor moving forward. It all really started here and I give great credit to YSFlight and it's community for providing an avenue to express my aviation geekry. And if you do find me at an air show somewhere, please do say hi!
tigershark
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: uk & germany fighter

Re: Thanks everybody

Post by tigershark »

yet other legend leaves to open skies of life. it was great knowing you and it was attending at your ysflight server airshow. you made history to ysflight and you be always be remembered by the legend on Ysfhq. hopefully one day you might come back and say hi. enjoy life because you only live ones. :D
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

The Exodus is here.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya

Post by u2fly »

So many skilled YSFlight pilots retired in one week...

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost
- we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”

pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV [archived]
(31 DEC 2016)