My two Cents on How YS is Doing

YSFlight general discussion & everything in between
Welshy
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Sea Jet

My two Cents on How YS is Doing

Post by Welshy »

First I'd like to explicitly state that this is my opinion and not that of the admin team, in fact none of the team knows I'm making this post.

Things have changed an awful lot over the last year. We have transition back to the original site management system here on HQ with both admins and mods, YSFinder has gone, YSRepo has replace both YSFinder and YSUpload, and new squads have launched.

Server activity seems to actually have increased in recent times, as I'm typing this I see 13 people on servers with an ATC session about to start which for a Saturday morning US time is bloody impressive! We haven't seen the sort of activity we are currently getting for a couple of years and it feels good to know that whilst we are a small community we do see continued activity.

YSRepo and here on HQ are also growing and remain active even though to some extent Discord has made the forum less relevant, hence why as an admin team we decided to make sure people had to be forum members before becoming Discord members. Repo has taken over the role of YSFinder which is essential to keep our addons easily available to the community. We have also provided a location for people to host their addons with the full knowledge that they can be restricted and the risk of addon theft lessened to a degree.

Overall YS isn't doing as badly as some of us like to suggest at times. This continued activity may not continue forever so it is best to enjoy it while it lasts. Things have happened to bigger communities than ours.

tl;dr

We're doing alright here
YSFHQ Elected Overlord
Overlord of VMFA-125 (CVW-171)
Previously Supreme Overlord of 323rd CAW
Friendly Neighbourhood Miscreant
Head Honcho at Talking Aero and British Defence
If you see me post like this in a thread pay attention!
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Re: My two Cents on How YS is Doing

Post by Flake »

Welshy wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:43 pm in fact none of the team knows I'm making this post.
Lol can vouch for that.

It's good that we're getting more activity, I hope it continues.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
C05MIC
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: F-15S/MT Eagle+

Re: My two Cents on How YS is Doing

Post by C05MIC »

as a prodigal son i second that now that i found a way to make the sim 60 fps stable i can now focus on content and enjoy this amazing platform it would be nice if it could be further developed faster with some amazing features but thats just wishful thinking. but i am glad that people are still here. be nice if we had more people flying
ELECTROSPHERE IS THE FUTURE......

MESSAGE TERMINATED.....