I just found a trick that gives me 64 fps and its the most random thing ever

Questions, comments, concerns, & fixes
C05MIC
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: F-15S/MT Eagle+

I just found a trick that gives me 64 fps and its the most random thing ever

Post by C05MIC »

So last night i was experimenting with versions to find stable 60 fps but i would get only 50 to 40 max fluctuating this made my flight very glitchy as it stuttered however i had not been aware that as i opened up youtube my fps shot straight to 64 but i hadnt realized anything till this morning when i turned on the sim and saw 40-50 fps and i said to myself but wait i had 64 fps what happened so i retraced my steps opening what i had last night and when i turned on youtube it shot like i said to 64 fps but i said that needs an internet connection i want stable 64 offline so i experimented with programs on my desktop and i found that opening OBS Studio gave me a smooth 64 when i closed the program it dropped back to 50 to 45 fluctuating i dont know exactly whats going on if its a codec dependable with the cpu or the programs memory no ideas but this trick works try it for yourself use chrome open youtube or if you have OBS studio experiment around and see how it fluctuates i was using version 20150425. i even tested with over 10 aircraft at one time and the lowest i got was 55 fps WOW and thats with very detailed aircraft.

Edit/ ALSO i turned off 3d hud and just have the 2d and that helped my FPS ALOT

Edit/ ALSO more detailed cockpits will cause it to drop but only like 5 to 6 fps so still your at above 50 fps but thats for version above 2017 that i found the opengl does make it lag alot i am using dx3 9 if you need more info.

But on the version 2015 20150425 on dx3 9 even with heavy cockpit detail i only loose maybe 2 fps from 64 wow

i havent tried other opengl versions on 2015 yet i will update after i have tested.

EDIT/ update so on opengl1 i max get 20fps in heavy detailed cockpit for antonov or aircraft view
EDIT/ update Opengl 2 faires better at 32 fps in cockpit for antonov on default mode. 33 fps on outside view on default
on fast mode its 42 fps inside and outside 46.
33 fps on outside view on default

it seems that dx3 9 is more capable for fps without loosing with very detailed aircraft so far dx3 has been stable 60fps or above on fast default and detailed i will try the most current version and report back.

EDIT/ update alright so this is incredible on the newest version of ysflight for 2018 20181124 dx3 9 i am getting on fast mode on antonov very detailed cockpit 64 with fluctuation to 65 fps and outside i am getting 66 to 64 fps.

here is some screens of ysflight 2018

Anyways hope this helps 8-)
Attachments
proof 4.PNG
proof 3.PNG
Last edited by C05MIC on Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:33 am, edited 7 times in total.
ELECTROSPHERE IS THE FUTURE......

MESSAGE TERMINATED.....
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Re: I just found a trick that gives me 64 fps and its the most random thing ever

Post by Neocon »

Have you experimented with changing affinity (selecting particular cores) in the task manager?
C05MIC
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: F-15S/MT Eagle+

Re: I just found a trick that gives me 64 fps and its the most random thing ever

Post by C05MIC »

yes but that didnt do anything its when i executed the program or website that it went to 64
ELECTROSPHERE IS THE FUTURE......

MESSAGE TERMINATED.....