Turbofan's SPUN

YSFlight addon development, questions, tutorials, & more!
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Re: Turbofan's SPUN

Post by Turbofan » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:25 pm

New expansion in the works! (If you've checked Discord in the past couple of weeks you already know so feel free to skip this post lol).

Abel Jets' ThomasCook221 and FreezingFalcon have requested I make some major changes to facilities at both, Mandiola International and Linbury International airports in the CMI Extended map. As many of you are probably aware by now, Abel Jets VA is very much in expansion mode and has a number of new aircraft coming into the fleet. So after quite some discussion with both of these fellow HQ members, consensus has been reached on some major changes and updates to both, MXA and LNB.

In addition to the requirements by Abel Jets, I am putting into place the existing masterplans for both airports, which will result in their full build-outs.

Just a few of the changes taking place include:
- Completely re-built Terminal 2 at MXA with app. 130 gates, exclusively for Abel Jets
- Completely re-built Terminal 1 at MXA, app. 40 gates
- New terminal complex at LNB
- New runways at both, MXA and LNB

For a complete listing of upcoming changes, take a look here

Work has already started on this massive update, some of the changes are complete.

The new runway 18R-36L (10,000 ft. X 200 ft.) on the right side of the screenshot, and associated taxiways. Looking SE.
The new runway 18R-36L (10,000 ft. X 200 ft.) on the right side of the screenshot, and associated taxiways. Looking SE.

Airfield with night lighting looking NNE.
Airfield with night lighting looking NNE.

One thing I am doing differently in this case - once this latest set of changes is complete, I will hand off the map to Abel Jets for any further expansion or updates as required by the VA. This will result in two active versions of the map - the base version, CMI Extended and this version, which will become CMI Extended Abel Jets Edition.

Lots more work left so I will post regular updates in SPUN.
Last edited by Turbofan on Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi! I make average, undesirable, boring grey maps for YS Flight!

Check out my YSFS videos on my Youtube channel!
-----------------------
Avatar: Pratt and Whitney JT8D-219
-----------------------
Turbofan's Terminal updated! New information on home page and WIP for 2020! Check it out!

Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Turbofan » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:41 pm

Old_T2.png

New_T2.png

New_T2_WIP_all_concourses.png

-----------------------
-----------------------
Turbofan's Terminal updated! New information on home page and WIP for 2020! Check it out!

Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Turbofan » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:08 pm

Got some updates. The new Terminal 2 at MXA is complete with ramp lighting, 155 J-lines (gates) and additional taxiways with centerline and edge lighting done. The re-built Terminal 1 is now in progress.

New Terminal 1 (bottom) with the main terminal and concourses in the blue, red and white colours of the French flag

Comparing with the old T1 and T2

The North Complex of T2 with Concourses E and F, and parallel wrap-around taxiways

Some special markings for this taxi-in, taxi-out Code-C gate at Concourse F

And this one at Concourse E

There are several other gates which are marked "CC" or "CF" since they can accomodate upto Code C aircraft only, or all the way upto Code F. The north section of Concourse E can handle upto Code F aircraft exclusively.

Since the B-C ramp had some additional space, I decided to put in some additional taxilanes with Apron Entry/Exit Points (AEPs); each taxilane also denotes the max allowable wingspan

Did the same on the C-D ramp

I've also put max allowable wingspan markings on the north side of the E-F ramp to prevent accidental taxiing to Concourse F ;)

Last but not least, the view of the field now looking SE at night time, with all additional taxiways and alleyways with blue edge and green centerline lighting respectively

With 155 gates total, the new Terminal 2 at Mandiola International Airport has been designated "The Abel Jets Superhub".

For detailed, up-to-date information on this expansion, you can also visit Works in Progress at my website.

-----------------------
-----------------------