Can't assign throttle...

Questions, comments, concerns, & fixes
Womby
Favorite Aircraft: F-14 Tomcat

Can't assign throttle...

Post by Womby » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:33 am

Hello,

I'm trying to use my Thustmaster T.16000M joystick and throttle, but I can't bind the actual throttle to the throttle axis. I was able to bind another axis on the actual throttle to the axis, so I know it recognizes it. When I have the throttle selected for change I move the throttle to automatically set it, but it doesn't show up..

Am I missing something? I have a Mac (OS 10.15.7) running Version 20181124 of YSF.

Thanks

decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Re: Can't assign throttle...

Post by decaff_42 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:58 pm

I do not know if it is a YSF2018 issue or a Mac issue. I use a Logitech Extreme 3D and I can get the throttle on my joystick to work with YSF2015 on 10.13.

Try setting the throttle to mid-range before opening YSF to assign the axis. Also try with the throttle at min or max as well to see if that makes a difference. I recall that there was something funky with my throttle when I started from what i thought was the correct position to calibrate it from.
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit by Bitbucket page for Python codes: https://bitbucket.org/decaff42/

Server Flight Log
Addon Database Submit Addon To Database

Womby
Favorite Aircraft: F-14 Tomcat

Re: Can't assign throttle...

Post by Womby » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:39 pm

Happy New Year! Thanks for the advice. I don't know what happened, but now it doesn't recognize either the stick or throttle is even plugged in...not sure what I did.

I run Windows on Parallels and ended up just downloading the 2015 version through that and it works fine, so I guess I'll just use that. I couldn't seem to open the 2015 version on my Mac side either so maybe this is better as I hear most people use the 2015 version.

Thanks again!